Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default O Neill Bell itching to fight

He has blamed this lack of activity squarely on Don King. The IBF stripped him of the title for not facing mandatory Steve Cunningham in April and a proposed rematch with Mormeck in August did not occur either(2 really exciting matches!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: O Neill Bell itching to fight

I thought him and Chris Byrd was going to fight.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    He has blamed this lack of activity squarely on Don King. The IBF stripped him of the title for not facing mandatory Steve Cunningham in April and a proposed rematch with Mormeck in August did not occur either(2 really exciting matches!)

Can't blame everything on King. Bell did have to pull out of a fight due to dental surgery. And that "Super fighter tournament" (or whatever it was called) getting canceled wasn't King's fault. As for the Bell-Mormeck rematch? I think the outcome will be the same. Bell by knock out win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Can't blame everything on King. Bell did have to pull out of a fight due to dental surgery. And that "Super fighter tournament" (or whatever it was called) getting canceled wasn't King's fault. As for the Bell-Mormeck rematch? I think the outcome will be the same. Bell by knock out win.
    Bell's promoter is also thinking of suing the WBC for not doing enough to make the matches comes off and he blamed King because King has done NOTHING to make the Mormeck rematch happen. I'm not sure about the rematch,I think Mormeck could do it if he did not gass so early. He was beating Bell's ass at first,but then just wore himself out going for the KO. It was a great fight though!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope he hurries up and gets back. Makes for great fights.

There are some good ones too. Bell's not a dominant guy, I don't see him having a long stretch as undisputed champ, cause he's vulnerable enough that it wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost to Cunningham, Mormeck, or especially Jones. But he can definitely beat anybody out there on any given night as well, if he lost the title it wouldn't surprise me if he won it back at some point.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed Ouma. He's resilient and vunerable at the same time. Looks terrible one night against Brown then kills Mormeck. Be;; - Mormeck II is going to be awesome. Has to happen in early 2007.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bell-Mormeck II is slated for March a date is yet to be determined...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Agreed Ouma. He's resilient and vunerable at the same time. Looks terrible one night against Brown then kills Mormeck. Be;; - Mormeck II is going to be awesome. Has to happen in early 2007.
    Yep, look at the Rothman fight, great finish but lackluster performance all the way up till that.

Fun to watch though, sometimes the really dominant guys aren't fun to watch cause you pretty much know what's gonna happen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amat,I'm going to download Wlod-Cunningham when I get the time,and then I'll try past the fight on to you if you would like? I have to admit,I was wrong,I have done a bit of research and it is pretty cool the the top gys in the division have fought each other and Mormeck Bell was a great great fight and there are so many variables so I think this division is better than I originally thought. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bell has David Haye as his WBC mandatory, he and his promoter will ring plenty of money for Bell if he wants the fight, look out for that soon boxing fans, Haye is coming to town and he means business man.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Bell has David Haye as his WBC mandatory, he and his promoter will ring plenty of money for Bell if he wants the fight, look out for that soon boxing fans, Haye is coming to town and he means business man.
    Now there is a fight that interests me! I still give the edge to Bell for now, but Haye does have them rocket fists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Now there is a fight that interests me! I still give the edge to Bell for now, but Haye does have them rocket fists.
    Absolutly mate, the best fights are always unpredictable, the edge must lie with Bell, but anyone with that power can make it unpredicable, excellent!
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Thread Information