Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fury v Maddalone -Hand Arena Clevedon UK -International Boxing Channel 5 Thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Maddalone -Hand Arena Clevedon UK -International Boxing Channel 5 Thread

Fury was excellent used his jab well and landed hard body shots. Near perfect performance.

Eubanks Junior was excellent too.

Haskin is under appreciated, a very good fighter.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz, I think it's a little early to be writing Eubank Jr. off. He only had 20 something amateur fights and last night was his 5th as a pro. He's still got a lot to learn, his defence is almost non existent and he doesn't use the jab especially well. He does seem to lack power too. Let's see how he progresses before completely writing him off though.
    Last edited by Cressa121; 07-08-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cressa121 View Post
    Beanz, I think it's a little early to be writing Eubank Jr. off. He only had 20 something amateur fights and last night was his 5th as a pro. He's still got a lot to learn, his defence is almost non existent and he doesn't use the jab especially well. He does seem to lack power too. Let's see how he progresses before completely writing him off though.
    I am not completely writing him off, he may well turn out to be a decent boxer. It is just a bit annoying that channel 5 choose to show his learning fights on cards where seasoned and experienced boxers are not granted more than a couple televised rounds, despite fighting for a European or similar belt. I know it's the way of the world and all that, but his dad was hardly Sugar Ray Robinson.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Maddalone -Hand Arena Clevedon UK -International Boxing Channel 5 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressa121 View Post
    I am not completely writing him off, he may well turn out to be a decent boxer. It is just a bit annoying that channel 5 choose to show his learning fights on cards where seasoned and experienced boxers are not granted more than a couple televised rounds, despite fighting for a European or similar belt. I know it's the way of the world and all that, but his dad was hardly Sugar Ray Robinson.
    Yeah that is a piss take on C5's/Hennessy's part. I would have much rather seen all of Haskins/Hall and selected rounds from the Eubank fight.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surely @Master even you as Fury's greatest fan must be hoping that they step up his opposition next . A decent European or even someone like Adamek whom they mentioned?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury is only a baby and needs to be seasoned. I think he was good in his last fight but against Rogan fighting southpaw was taking the piss out of Rogan but shows his confidence to do that. Yes better standard of heavyweight with a reputation would be good.

I believe Fury could beat Rahman, Thompson and Adamek too over the next year. I would target the WBC title and could see Vitali giving it up and fighters like Haye/Chisora fighting for the scraps that Vitali has left. Fury v Haye would be good and I am confident Fury will win that one too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information