Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua 'formally ordered' to face Oleksandr Usyk in next fight by WBO

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony Joshua 'formally ordered' to face Oleksandr Usyk in next fight by WBO

Cracking matchup, can AJ outbox him or does he need to go for the KO?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...-face-21079355

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua 'formally ordered' to face Oleksandr Usyk in next fight by WBO

don't mind this one at all - though not sure about Usyk's size and power at heavy ??

is he big enough physically to mix it with the main 3
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Anthony Joshua 'formally ordered' to face Oleksandr Usyk in next fight by WBO

Great matchup! AJ will need to box and set up Usyk. Usyk will need to utilize footwork, make the big man move, and tire him out while landing shots.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta fancy Usyk for this one, regardless of what people think, Ruiz has gave everyone the blueprint on how to beat AJ, get the biggest ring possible balloon to 20st+ and plod forward so slowly you may as well be going backwards...wait a minute...I'm thinking of the wrong fight.

On a serious note, Usyk is usually a slow starter, I think he'll be happy to stay out of range but keep AJ moving before moving in towards the mid rounds, will AJ be able to stay on his toes for 12 rounds when he has someone who actually looks like a boxer putting pressure on him?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Joshua has revealed how he plans to defeat Oleksandr Usyk.

Joshua outpointed Andy Ruiz Jr to reclaim his IBF, WBA and WBO titles and he has already been ordered to fight two different challengers by the sanctioning bodies.

The IBF have ordered Joshua to fight the Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev, while the WBO have told him he must fight Usyk in the next 180 days.

And Joshua believes he has already devised a way to defeat the Ukrainian.

When asked of his plans for 2020 on Sky Sports, Joshua said: “A heavyweight challenger that will be in my eyesight for the end of March or early-April. A very credible opponent.

“When I’m trying to build my record, I want opponents like Usyk to say that I’ve defeated them.

“He uses his feet very well, and positions his hands well. You can’t hit him because his feet move so well. If you do manage to catch him, [the punches] are brushing off the gloves.

“What I’d do, as I have done already, is study him – from his footwork, his hand positioning, to his openings.

“Then I’d go to former people who have faced him and find out information on how to defeat him.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ant...084700480.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone is getting step aside money or matter of which belt he want's to keep. Interesting turn if Usyk is next. I don't see his newfound fondness with backseat boxing working with Usyk and think he'll have to step back into the aggressor role by midpoint. Usyk finds holes in a guy and once he gets rolling Joshua will have a time matching the speed and punch selection me thinks. Odd quote from AJ, he'll find people who have faced him and find out information on how to defeat him . May find one who kept it close otherwise that's going to be a long search.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt very much that Usyk is next for Joshua. It would be a bald move tho and Joshua would get big credit from me if he took that path.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the more I does hearing AJ talk, the more I do thinking he is a big oafish idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I the only one here that thinks Usyk stands little chance?

Likely he only way he can beat Joshua IF he were to do so, would be to out box him. Usyk is likely not going to KO Joshua.
    Anyway, Usyk has only fought one litte-known heavy weight so far.
    I think people are getting carried away.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Little Anthony needs another easy fight he can't take any chances to get hit on that chandelier chin he has

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post

Likely he only way he can beat Joshua IF he were to do so, would be to out box him. Usyk is likely not going to KO Joshua.

No.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post

No.
    I agree too. AJ is just too big for Usyk and all the other advantages that the the former cruiserweight champion has will not ultimately be enough to beat the champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk isn’t that small. He is 6’3” which isn’t by any means short. People also forget that wilder weighs on average 220ish. Usyk isn’t really much lighter than that but is a much better boxer.

I think Usyk wins fairly easily.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua won't fear the one-punch knockout from Usyk like he'd have to respect Wilder's. Not knocking Usyk, but it's all in how Joshua would approach these two hypothetical fights.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Usyk isn’t that small. He is 6’3” which isn’t by any means short. People also forget that wilder weighs on average 220ish. Usyk isn’t really much lighter than that but is a much better boxer.

I think Usyk wins fairly easily.
    We shall see but Usyk is still shorter and smaller than AJ.

Wilder has at least the power and height/reach to give AJ a fight.

Thread Information