Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There has never been a great mexican champion who avoided a real challenger

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default There has never been a great mexican champion who avoided a real challenger

so says dan goosen, and hes right

http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article11106.html

get in the ring with paul williams, and stop disgracing the sport of boxing. and more importantly....................... stop disgracing your native country.

Antonio Margarito............................ your native country of mexico is ashamed of you

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: There has never been a great mexican champion who avoided a real challenger

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

get in the ring with paul williams, and stop disgracing the sport of boxing. and more importantly....................... stop disgracing your native country.

Antonio Margarito............................ your native country of mexico is ashamed of you
    Got damn!!!
    So you've resorted to this now, at that funny

And so you know, WE are not ashamed of him.
    He played the hand he was delt, he always got the short end of the stick.
    Shit! happens, but to say hes disgraceing the Mexican people or the sport is REACHING so far... really.

Sucks really! now that hes the one making the moves and the call as far as a fight with Paul, now it's an issue. Hes looking for that BIG fight and thats Cotto.
    YOU guys said the same, when Zab did it to fight PBF. Also when PBF did it to fight Baldo.
    Double standard if I've ever seen it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: There has never been a great mexican champion who avoided a real challenger

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Got damn!!!
    So you've resorted to this now, at that funny

And so you know, WE are not ashamed of him.
    He played the hand he was delt, he always got the short end of the stick.
    S***! happens, but to say hes disgraceing the Mexican people or the sport is REACHING so far... really.

Sucks really! now that hes the one making the moves and the call as far as a fight with Paul, now it's an issue. Hes looking for that BIG fight and thats Cotto.
    YOU guys said the same, when Zab did it to fight PBF. Also when PBF did it to fight Baldo.
    Double standard if I've ever seen it.

big difference................

mayweather was #1 contender fighting for the ww championship BOTH times.

margarito has been spouting off for years about how he is a world champion and nobody wants to fight him. all of a sudden, hes vacating his precious wbo belt in order to avoid fighting the #1 contender williams.

arum knows that margarito is a clown that would get spanked by most welterweights in the sport, so hes now gonna cash out on margaritos false hype by having tony fight cotto.

and you best believe that arum wont let cotto in the ring with williams after cotto dismantles margarito, because williams spanks cotto, too

no excuses margarito, the money is there and williams is waiting for your "injury" to heal so he can fight you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC #186 Frozensolid702 bro! Toney should fight Williams or Cotto next, before it gets even worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    CC #186 Frozensolid702 bro! Toney should fight Williams or Cotto next, before it gets even worse.

Margarito already has a date set with Cotto....And I have said it 100 times already...WTF HAS PAUL WILLIAMS BEAT TO DESERVE A TITLE SHOT?
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree on the cash part. I said it myself in the above post that hes looking for the BIG fight. That BIG fight being Cotto, thats his money fight.
    Hes been champ. and hasn't really earned a lot of cash.
    He waited for Zab & PBF. He also wanted Blado, but Baldo knew his BIG payday was PBF. SSM wasn't ready for him. He just never got it then. Now that hes got the chance to have that BIG fight you think hes gonna loose sight of it? Hell no, hes been waiting for it for years.
    Margarito was just there, I do blame him for not beeing busy.
    He did look rusty against Clottey amd it showed a lot.
    He just needs to tighten up his balls and go out there and fight......

Or do you think he should still fight Paul, then regardless if he wins or looses still fight Cotto?

Then we'd end up with another Zab vs. PBF fight.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Margarito already has a date set with Cotto....And I have said it 100 times already...WTF HAS PAUL WILLIAMS BEAT TO DESERVE A TITLE SHOT?
    i remember when on showtime arum was saying this is gonna be huge cuz its mexico vs PR and that doosh bag over at showtime told arum lets not lower it to just mexico vs PR these are two great fighters here ahhaha. i hate that guy! who is he to correct arum?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on Daxx, don't you know he beat Mathysse & Mitchelle.....
    Oh! and lets not forget his last opponent Santos Pakau.... Who has jumped up and down in weight more often then Oprah Winfrey during his career.... and was coming in with 2 back to back loses to Bailey & Mesquita.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree on the cash part. I said it myself in the above post that hes looking for the BIG fight. That BIG fight being Cotto, thats his money fight.
    Hes been champ. and hasn't really earned a lot of cash.
    He waited for Zab & PBF. He also wanted Blado, but Baldo knew his BIG payday was PBF. SSM wasn't ready for him. He just never got it then. Now that hes got the chance to have that BIG fight you think hes gonna loose sight of it? Hell no, hes been waiting for it for years.
    Margarito was just there, I do blame him for not beeing busy.
    He did look rusty against Clottey amd it showed a lot.
    He just needs to tighten up his balls and go out there and fight......

Or do you think he should still fight Paul, then regardless if he wins or looses still fight Cotto?

Then we'd end up with another Zab vs. PBF fight.....

its like goosen said (and as ive been saying forever) and you gotta agree on this one.................

if margarito beats williams (he wont) then that makes him that much more marketable (i.e. larger cut of the purse) for when he steps in the ring with cotto because he will be a world champion.. and if margarito loses (he would, and arum knows it) then williams is the champ and goes on to whip/expose cotto for the overhyped fighter that he is

i wonder if jcc, morales, or barerra ever vacated a title and avoided fighting a solid #1 contender because they felt it was too risky...........

absolutely not, because they had pride and they were warriors, whereas margarito is a coward and has been riding a tidal wave of unwarranted hype that was generated solely by his promoter and now has to be very careful in picking his opponents because he cant back 1% of the smack hes been talking for some time now and cant risk ANOTHER loss because he has his "big" payday (like 1 or 2 million ) fight against another (better) arum fighter

this has all been designed to make cotto look like some world beater (hes not) when he beats margarito, because arum has been ramming this journeymans name down the throats of fans for so long now with the "most feared welterweight" garbage, that cotto is actually going to get some praise (he shouldnt) when he trashes this clown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on Daxx, don't you know he beat Mathysse & Mitchelle.....
    Oh! and lets not forget his last opponent Santos Pakau.... Who has jumped up and down in weight more often then Oprah Winfrey during his career.... and was coming in with 2 back to back loses to Bailey & Mesquita.

OH That Paul Williams......Well my mistake.....

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you Mexican?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What has ANYONE done to get a title shot? Very few people have earned their shots at the title. Margarito got his title shot after losing a fight (granted he got the short end of the stick there).

Now I've said my piece on this fight. Margarito risks being hypocritical by not fighting Paul Williams and protecting a money fight with Cotto. He tore into Floyd for doing the same thing in November. But it doesn't change the fact that it is the smart thing to do. As much as I love Williams, and truly believe he would beat Margarito, it could be a blessing in disguise. He's about as green as the other side of the fence, and any time he has to improve before a big fight can' t possibly hurt.

Margarito insulting Mexicans? Please. He's about to be the latest Mexican to compete in a huge fight versus a Puerto Rican. And I don't think any Mexicans have any problems with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who did margarito beat to get his title??

in fact, did he beat a champ or did he just fight a "contender" after the real champ moved up in weight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't read the article yet...a bit too wasted to do to much reading...but I disagree with this statement :

There has never been a great mexican champion who avoided a real challenger.

Winky Wright is the realest challenger out there...& Oscar has dodged him for years. Oh...& no matter what anybody says...Oscar is Meh-hi-cun.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Didn't read the article yet...a bit too wasted to do to much reading...but I disagree with this statement :

There has never been a great mexican champion who avoided a real challenger.

Winky Wright is the realest challenger out there...& Oscar has dodged him for years. Oh...& no matter what anybody says...Oscar is Meh-hi-cun.

c'mon wacko.................... drink a big glass of water, read the article, then post again

Thread Information