Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Watch Max Scmeling destroy Joe Louis here--great quality video

seeing Max destroy the alltiem great louis-----makes me realize hey! If Conn and Scmeling could whip Louis like that--and if @ Ton Tony could drop Louis---are you telling me Rocky Marciano could do no better than them against Louis? YOu all need to admit this logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What you mean in lousis prime? As marciano obviously fought and smashed louis in louis's final fight i think, louis took max for granted and max was a very smart fighter he was not over awed by louis and instead of watching him and thinking woh this guy is unbeatable he watched and saw louise dropped his left alot. Bingo right hand!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Watch Max Scmeling destroy Joe Louis here--great quality video

Quote Originally Posted by Domiko View Post
    What you mean in lousis prime? As marciano obviously fought and smashed louis in louis's final fight i think, louis took max for granted and max was a very smart fighter he was not over awed by louis and instead of watching him and thinking woh this guy is unbeatable he watched and saw louise dropped his left alot. Bingo right hand!
    yes mate Max was the shit. He made Louis look like a frikkin amateur int hat fight and louis got lucky in the rematch and caught him flush. Max was the shit. Alltime great IMO. Ranked ahead of the K2 thats for damn sure.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Louis learnt from the defeat with Max and starched him in the rematch. Joe had vulnerabilities he was a slow starter and could be out boxed at times but he always got back up and beat you if you were hiding.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Joe Louis learnt from the defeat with Max and starched him in the rematch. Joe had vulnerabilities he was a slow starter and could be out boxed at times but he always got back up and beat you if you were hiding.
    yes I agree. Joe was a fast learner. Did starch Max in that rematch. He had alot of anger he said about that fight after getting shellacked and shebanged all night in their 1st match. In that first fight Scmeling was already 31 years old. Amazing guy. Fighting Joe like that when Louis was only 23 maybe.

I say a 29 year old Marciano gives Louis fits. You heard the announcers and the general inside info on Louis was that HE COULD NOT FIGHT CROUCHERS VERY WELL. Two Ton Tony Galento was a croucher and knocked Louis on his ass with a huge left hook, Not to mention landing about a dozen other left hook in the first 4 rounds which visibly SHOOK Joe Louis. I mean VISIBLY SHOOK Joe Louis. Queer Street. Poor 2 Ton just wasnt fast or good enough to finish the job. Louis took a full 60 seconds after the knockdown to get his head clear. Now if Marciano hurt Louis do you really think ol' Rocky would let that bastard off the hook. Rocky was a finisher boy. A Ball n Chain Wrecking Machine.
    And he was alot better than Galento. I think we would all agree.... Rock in 14.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paybacks are a mother-fucker.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

what I could never understand was why Schmeling held onto the rope like that like it was the end of the world----he had just got smacked with that amazing right hand by Joe but he seemed no more than stung by it, yet he held the rope tenaciously after that for the full barrage of head and body shots. What was he hoping there? That he could turn his body away from the shots? I just cannot figure out that reaction---always felt badly for him when I see him turn away helplessly and confusedly from Louis and just get pounded like that. He just froze up. Looks like anyway. Guy like that shoulda ran his ass into the center of the ring or taken a fucking knee to get an 8 count atleast.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

what I could never understand was why Schmeling held onto the rope like that like it was the end of the world----he had just got smacked with that amazing right hand by Joe but he seemed no more than stung by it, yet he held the rope tenaciously after that for the full barrage of head and body shots. What was he hoping there? That he could turn his body away from the shots? I just cannot figure out that reaction---always felt badly for him when I see him turn away helplessly and confusedly from Louis and just get pounded like that. He just froze up. Looks like anyway. Guy like that shoulda ran his ass into the center of the ring or taken a fucking knee to get an 8 count atleast.
    Max was just fucked in the rematch, Louis was so pumped, Schmeling would have needed a fucking baseball bat to win the 2nd fight and even that may not have worked.

The greatest thing about these 2 fights is that Louis and Schmeling became life long friends afterwards, one of the best human interest stories of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brocktonblockbuster.. Louis broke maxs ribs almost with the first punch he hit him to body, thats why hes trying to hold himself up! I read he screamed so loud half the place heard him. Such a great story in general about these two fighters, very historical because of the war, and later when louis was dead broke max would help him out having invested his money into some drink called coca cola.
    Last edited by Domiko; 02-08-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Spelt historical wrong

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

damn

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Louis would have cut and busted up Rocky with precision jabs and stopped him late in the fight with short right hands and left hooks. Joe would have respected Rocky far more than he did two Ton Tony.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the Joe Louis Story from 1953 (Coley Wallace played Joe Louis... Coley of course beat Marciano in the amateurs eh eh).

Louis never took the fight seriously.... he even ate BIRTHDAY CAKE a few weeks before the fight!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Max got the last laugh though, he invested well and lived a great life after boxing... not Joe Louis!

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Max got the last laugh though, he invested well and lived a great life after boxing... not Joe Louis!
    That is not funny, Joe will be remembered forever and Max would have not minded that either.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not trying to be funny, I think it's very sad what happened to Joe... but Joe has nobody to blame but himself for the way he ended up.

It has to be acknowledged that Schemling did what very few boxers do... successfully make the transition from boxing career to retirement. Max was a great man who will be very fondly remembered... he was a hero and definitely deserved that recognition! Great man.

Thread Information