Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Bradley vs Ruslan Provodnikov!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tim Bradley vs Ruslan Provodnikov!

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Anyone? This may actually be a good scrap. Long time off for Bradley and eyes of scrutiny on him after Manny farce result. In the back of my head I see Bradley in a 12 round dec but its no gimme. Provo is a solid body puncher as long as he doesn't fall into head hunting and be outhustled. He should handle the weight alright. He has time in the Manny camp and all the motivation of a young fighter with a huge oppurtunity. I think its an interesting choice, good style clash that could be a fast pace fight and personally I'll take it over a rematch with Pederson.
    It seems odd that Bradley would choose Provodnikov as his next opponent. Not to diss Provodnikov, i'm sure he'll be game, but it's a chicken shit move by Bradley.
    Not sure of the dynamics of making the fights but guys like Berto, Maidana or Lopez probably would have been better choices
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is hand picked to make Bradley shine and be relevant again. I think it will do that. I think people like Berto and Guerrero would beat Bradley.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Anyone? This may actually be a good scrap. Long time off for Bradley and eyes of scrutiny on him after Manny farce result. In the back of my head I see Bradley in a 12 round dec but its no gimme. Provo is a solid body puncher as long as he doesn't fall into head hunting and be outhustled. He should handle the weight alright. He has time in the Manny camp and all the motivation of a young fighter with a huge oppurtunity. I think its an interesting choice, good style clash that could be a fast pace fight and personally I'll take it over a rematch with Pederson.
    It seems odd that Bradley would choose Provodnikov as his next opponent. Not to diss Provodnikov, i'm sure he'll be game, but it's a chicken shit move by Bradley.

Not sure of the dynamics of making the fights but guys like Berto, Maidana or Lopez probably would have been better choices
    I think only in light of Bradleys last result and the stigma and stench it can be scoffed at. I mean as the saying goes, you are only as good as your last fight. But Berto got chewed up in his last fight and we are talking March! I don't think he comes in in top form and is in need of serious career restructure himself. Lopez is a helluva good story but no. I think Provo is fresher than both right now. Maidana now at 147 makes sense but too risky and going out of the frying pan into the fire in the eyes of promoter.

Master nailed it. They are looking for Tim to shine and reset off Manny loss and the affiliation of Provo and he will be hit on. I'm telling you, I think this is a prelim to a rematch and they don't want spoil it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think only in light of Bradleys last result and the stigma and stench it can be scoffed at. I mean as the saying goes, you are only as good as your last fight. But Berto got chewed up in his last fight and we are talking March! I don't think he comes in in top form and is in need of serious career restructure himself. Lopez is a helluva good story but no. I think Provo is fresher than both right now. Maidana now at 147 makes sense but too risky and going out of the frying pan into the fire in the eyes of promoter.

Master nailed it. They are looking for Tim to shine and reset off Manny loss and the affiliation of Provo and he will be hit on. I'm telling you, I think this is a prelim to a rematch and they don't want spoil it.
    Definitely see this as a showcase fight.

I just feel a risk needed to be taken following the backlash of the Pacquiao fight

I wasn't suggesting those fights should have been made, I just felt that with the name type value of those sort of fighters & the challenges they would bring a victory would have put Bradley back in the spotlight

Imo this may as well of been on FNF...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps @Spicoli is right and we see a little upset. Still as I have mentioned before he must have gotten his economics degree at Winky Wright University. Either that or he hired Marquez's old steering committee to make his business decisions.

First he talks and threatens Khan for about a year using one of those social media outlets and then agrees to fight only to back out of it and a million dollar payday at the last minute. Now he declines a rematch with Lamont for over 2 million and will fight Provodnikov for probably 6 zeros and again he claims in social media that he's out to make a statement.

I like his meat and potatoes lunch pail style but its hard to actually cheer for the guy. If he had any principles at all he would right a wrong and demand the Manny rematch. Shit I'm surprised Manny has not demanded it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Perhaps @Spicoli is right and we see a little upset. Still as I have mentioned before he must have gotten his economics degree at Winky Wright University. Either that or he hired Marquez's old steering committee to make his business decisions.

First he talks and threatens Khan for about a year using one of those social media outlets and then agrees to fight only to back out of it and a million dollar payday at the last minute. Now he declines a rematch with Lamont for over 2 million and will fight Provodnikov for probably 6 zeros and again he claims in social media that he's out to make a statement.

I like his meat and potatoes lunch pail style but its hard to actually cheer for the guy. If he had any principles at all he would right a wrong and demand the Manny rematch. Shit I'm surprised Manny has not demanded it.
    Bradley is a good but not great fighter, who isn't a crowd/fan pleaser, mainly because he doesn't have much power. I mean who besides us hardcore fans has much interest in Bradley vs Provodnikov, a Russian pug most fans have never heard of.
    I'd love to see Provodnikov win, but Tim will win another boring, but somewhat controversial decision.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know anything about this guy, but my guess is that bradley wants some work, some money and to get himself talked about again. After that, the fight that makes sense to me, for both guys, is Bradley in with josesito lopez. They were both brought along by thompson promotions in Southern California. the fight makes a lot of sense.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely see this as a showcase fight.

I just feel a risk needed to be taken following the backlash of the Pacquiao fight

I wasn't suggesting those fights should have been made, I just felt that with the name type value of those sort of fighters & the challenges they would bring a victory would have put Bradley back in the spotlight

Imo this may as well of been on FNF...
    Agreed on Bradley needing or should feel the need to come back with like a madman to erase doubts but we don't know whats in the works. Honestly, the guy has taken criticism in one fashion or another regardless from the moment he came on the scene. Nothing new and I HOPE he and Manny rematch.

Name value is a biggie, totally. But I am really not convinced at all that Berto or Lopez at this juncture are a bigger challenge and or threat then Provodnikov and while the guy may be unknown to many...aren't they all ay one point? He has high exposure on FNF...like many of the guys Showtime and HBO bring on board and when you get to the bigs you either choke or swallow. Gamboa was coined a star before he made the show and he looked like shate when he hit HBO.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 02-12-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its odd I find myself almost defending Bradley On the Khan deal if I'm not mistaken he and Khan talked it up and HBO guaranteed Tim a million dollar option-showcase to fight prior, so he tortured Casa for an easy win and more exposure. The next month Khan loses to Pederson and Bradley then gets a mega shot at Manny. I'd say it worked out for him save for the shit judges? He and Pederson might happen with both in bouts weeks apart but I don't really get the need, that fight was a dull pretty much one sided show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed Spicoli that Provodnikov is probably on par with both Berto & Lopez at this point

Was really just talking for myself, from a fans view. Berto was entertaining vs Guerrero & I think he matches up well with Bradley for a good scrap, as I also think lopez does. After his gutsy performance against Canelo I think Lopez gained many fans & he's always entertaining. But your right both guys, especially Berto are in need of a rest & some serious rebuilding.

I heard Lopez was in talks for a Maidana fight anyway...

I'm sure Ruslan brings his A-game & comes to win I'm just not really sure how competitive he'll be against Timmy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley is a good but not great fighter, who isn't a crowd/fan pleaser, mainly because he doesn't have much power. I mean who besides us hardcore fans has much interest in Bradley vs Provodnikov, a Russian pug most fans have never heard of.
    I'd love to see Provodnikov win, but Tim will win another boring, but somewhat controversial decision.
    Bradley gets all the fan fare of a White crayon and some of it is def his own doing. Provodnikov may crumble under the sun but he may also be a little known FNF regular who it turns out is worth knowing. His style brother, its just flat good TV. It'll be up to Tim to step in and erase all doubt and I think we'll have some fireworks before its over. If its close I honestly (just jinxed Provo here ) think Tim will not get the call. Christmas only comes once a year! I just want a good fight, thats all I care about.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed Spicoli that Provodnikov is probably on par with both Berto & Lopez at this point

Was really just talking for myself, from a fans view. Berto was entertaining vs Guerrero & I think he matches up well with Bradley for a good scrap, as I also think lopez does. After his gutsy performance against Canelo I think Lopez gained many fans & he's always entertaining. But your right both guys, especially Berto are in need of a rest & some serious rebuilding.

I heard Lopez was in talks for a Maidana fight anyway...

I'm sure Ruslan brings his A-game & comes to win I'm just not really sure how competitive he'll be against Timmy.
    Lopez does very much deserve a big shot. The whole jumping up vs Canelo just left a sour taste with me in that hes a natural jr welt prior. It just seemed stacked against him. He and Bradley would mesh well and it looks like he'll campaign at welter now. Maidana would be fun and is just moving up himself. Lopez could do well to the body there and box just as well as Soto Karass who had Maidana on the edge a couple of times. That would be a barn burner!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im actually tempted to attend this fight at the Home Depot Center cuz it's about 15 minutes away from my pad but im just waiting to see the announcement for the full undercards..

I would never pay money to go see Bradley or Ruslan but maybe the undercards will be crackin..

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its odd I find myself almost defending Bradley On the Khan deal if I'm not mistaken he and Khan talked it up and HBO guaranteed Tim a million dollar option-showcase to fight prior, so he tortured Casa for an easy win and more exposure. The next month Khan loses to Pederson and Bradley then gets a mega shot at Manny. I'd say it worked out for him save for the shit judges? He and Pederson might happen with both in bouts weeks apart but I don't really get the need, that fight was a dull pretty much one sided show.
    I'm a little foggy but I'm pretty sure and I will do some digging that Khan/Timmy had a deal reached and at the last second Bradley went to Top Rank. Tim didn't think a mil plus(a career high pay day) was adequate compensation or the honour bestowed by unification so he bolted. Shaw was going to sue him for lost wages and breach of contract. Bradley was stripped and put on the GBP ignore list. Not good cause Oscar has almost everyone from 140-147 that makes him any money. I agree that the first Lamont fight was uneventful but its still a stupid business move. Why not beat the guy you already beat for close to 3 mil? I think Bradley is going to get frozen out and perhaps be forced to rematch Manny if he sticks around. Maybe Marquez as he's not exclusive to any banner. If the Russian beats him goodbye Tim.

Thread Information