Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddoboxing Official Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I think the fighters should be given the years grace, if they fail to fight at the weight they are ranked within a year of their last fight there then they should be removed to one of the pools. Mundine is a perfect example, he last fought at 160 but only fought at 168 in November I think. Plus we got Cazares fighting early this week against Vasquez at 115, should he lose he may return to 112.

My 105 pool looks pretty thin so I would like to propose that the winner of the upcoming fight between Yasutaka Kuroki & Junichiro Kaneda gets awarded a place in the 105 pool.

Also am I correct in assuming that if a fighter in the pool loses he is removed? Or only if they lose to an unranked fighter?

We haven't nailed down losses in the pool. maybe we could do the following
    1. if there is a vacant spot in the ranks and someone in the pool loses, whomever they lose to takes the vacant spot.
    2. if there is no vacant spot the winner takes over the pool spot.
    3. The original pool member will be dropped from the pool

A committee vote can override this.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm... I didn't take Mundine into account when ranking the SMWs because I assumed he was a 160lber from now on, where do you guys think he should be ranked, if at all?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Hmm... I didn't take Mundine into account when ranking the SMWs because I assumed he was a 160lber from now on, where do you guys think he should be ranked, if at all?
    I think he's ok for now in the pool at 168 and ranked #7 at 160 seems reasonable to me.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post

I agree, with our system you have to beat a ranked fighter to get ranked or win a fight that the commitee agrees on to fill a vacancy. So I think everything is all good there.

But I feel a fighter should be removed if they have not fought at the weight they are ranked at if they have not fought there for a over year. If this occurs they should be removed to the pool.

A fighters weight should be recognised as what they weigh at the official weigh in imo...
    All head nodding on the 1st portion.Nates in the pool at 140,out of light rankings.Ya see,I only base that on his stated intentions to compete at 140.Not the over the weight issue.I think we might be getting bogged down in numbers a bit.It gets blurry as many guys have come in 5,10 or more pounds over weight once the bell rings.
    The record books and chronology of the lightweight division will list this fight as a lightweight affair.....with an asterisk.
    I guess it's up to us as the commission then do we want to enforce a zero tolerance policy regarding weight? I would support that actually.
    If we were a real commission and we had a contract for him to fight at 135, he violated that contract.
    All for this.Has to be structure.He lost his title on the scales and I believe its the norm for over the contracted weight fighters to be docked a percentage of purse...10 % Not meeting the contract should have penalties.

Missed alot today?Is there a way to archive the rankings?I really regret not voting on all the divisions.Have we firmed up the system in regards a loss for a ranked fighter and how far they drop?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All head nodding on the 1st portion.Nates in the pool at 140,out of light rankings.Ya see,I only base that on his stated intentions to compete at 140.Not the over the weight issue.I think we might be getting bogged down in numbers a bit.It gets blurry as many guys have come in 5,10 or more pounds over weight once the bell rings.
    The record books and chronology of the lightweight division will list this fight as a lightweight affair.....with an asterisk.
    I guess it's up to us as the commission then do we want to enforce a zero tolerance policy regarding weight? I would support that actually.
    If we were a real commission and we had a contract for him to fight at 135, he violated that contract.
    All for this.Has to be structure.He lost his title on the scales and I believe its the norm for over the contracted weight fighters to be docked a percentage of purse...10 % Not meeting the contract should have penalties.

Missed alot today?Is there a way to archive the rankings?I really regret not voting on all the divisions.Have we firmed up the system in regards a loss for a ranked fighter and how far they drop?
    Fighters drop 1 place unless it's a total blowout (ie. Calzaghe/Lacy, PBF/Baldomir, JML/DPDL) then it's 2 places. 1 place is assumed the norm.
    think of it as a 10-9 vs. 10-8 round (without knockdowns) for the entire fight. Gomez for example was clearly defeated, but had quite a few competitive rounds so still a 1 place drop.

I love your idea for fighting for rank, we had the first occurance of that with Dunne stopping Cordoba yesterday.

As far as archives goes, I'll try to work on that, gonna be a lot of disk space though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In regards to archiving the rankings maybe we could post an update each Monday like The Ring does, stating any changes that have occurred?
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In regards to archiving the rankings maybe we could post an update each Monday like The Ring does, stating any changes that have occurred?
    I cannot commit to a schedule, my work makes me travel and I'm in school. What I can do is update asap if we have managers feeding me info. I posted the Date of most recent update on each weightclass.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot commit to a schedule, my work makes me travel and I'm in school. What I can do is update asap if we have managers feeding me info. I posted the Date of most recent update on each weightclass.
    Is there a way to take the initial rankings,prior to any changes and put em up in File sharing or elsewhere.We really need to scheduale a firm meeting time,time is hard to cordinate no doubt.Also run the risk of one of the division managers slacking off,not staying on top of division and seeing jam ups.Just brain storming everything here.what do you think the chances are of a sticky thread.Not on main board,anywhere would be great?

Missed the Marquez/Izzy finale.Really hate to but agree Marquez should be pooled...and slight extension to Izzy.The year time is good,keeps it flowing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there a way to take the initial rankings,prior to any changes and put em up in File sharing or elsewhere.We really need to scheduale a firm meeting time,time is hard to cordinate no doubt.Also run the risk of one of the division managers slacking off,not staying on top of division and seeing jam ups.Just brain storming everything here.what do you think the chances are of a sticky thread.Not on main board,anywhere would be great?

Missed the Marquez/Izzy finale.Really hate to but agree Marquez should be pooled...and slight extension to Izzy.The year time is good,keeps it flowing.
    Honestly this merits it's own board I think.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're just trying to fandangle your way into a MOD-ship

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the last thing I need is Saddoboxer to call me MOD-sheep.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

XaduBoxer Guest

MOD Killa sounds better...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SADDOBOXING OFFICIAL RATINGS UPDATE.

HEAVYWEIGHT:
    Sultan Ibragimov (formerly eighth) is dropped to the pool due to inactivity. Juan Carlos Gomez falls to seventh following his lost to Vitali Klitschko. While Samuel Peter moves to number six. David Haye & Alexander Dimitrenko move up one spot each to eight and ninth respectively. The number ten ranking becomes vacant.

LIGHTWEIGHT:
    Nate Campbell (previously tenth) is removed to the pool at Jr. Welter due to his intentions to campaign there and the fact that he has not fought at lightweight in over a year. Number ten is now vacant.

Jr. FEATHERWEIGHT:
    Israel Vasquez currently number one has been inactive for over a year but has been given an extension due to a legitimate injury. Rafael Marquez who has been inactive the same period has been removed to the pool as he has simply been on the sidelines. Marquez’ removal allows Celestino Caballero to move up to second, Juan Manuel Lopez advances to third and Steve Molitor jumps to fourth. Bernard Dunne crashes the rankings at number five on the strength of his KO of Ricardo Cordoba who falls to six. Dunne’s entry forces Daniel Ponce DeLeon, Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym, Jhonny Gonzalez and Rendall Munroe all to drop one spot each to seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth respectively.

Jr. FLYWEIGHT:
    Brahim Asloum (last ranked ninth) exits due to inactivity. Hugo Cazares moves up one place to ninth, leaving number ten vacant.

STRAWWEIGHT:
    Katsunari Takayama (ninth last time) has been removed to the pool as he has been campaigning at higher weights and has not been active at this weight. Nkosinathi Joyi moves up from tenth to ninth, which creates a vacancy at number 10.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we should try to have at least 3 fighters in each pool at a time.

I would request that the winner of Albert Sosnowski and Francesco Pianeta on 4/4/09 enters the pool at heavyweight.

Thread Information