Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  74
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Some years later I watched the final SB drive 49ers vs Bengals. Talk about a game where Joe Superman Montana looked like Clark Klent!!

They had the coach miked up...and after the 1st play of the last drive the coach stated "damn....he's going to do it to me again"

Joe was so regular that game...ok he kinda sucked!!! and the last drive clark kent found his phonebooth- got into his cape..and saved the day. In a small way- that is exactly what Brady did this past weekend.

He did it to them.

again!!!! Never-ever give a GOAT one more chance.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep... to me, Montana was the GOAT before Brady came along. His throw to Dwight Clark in the back of the end zone to beat the Cowboys in an NFC championship game ('82 I think) was the direct cause of the highest vertical jump (along with Clark) that I've ever accomplished in my lifetime. As a lifelong Cowboy-hater, I became an instant fan of Montana.

But Brady has surpassed all of that. Think about it. He wins 6 rings in 20 years with the Pats. He goes to TB and immediately wins a Super Bowl with THEM. The Pats don't even make the playoffs. To put the cherry on top... he goes to NE last week for a long awaited homecoming... and pulls out a victory (pretty or not so pretty... he won). In doing so, he BREAKS the career yardage record of one Drew Brees, who just happened to be a commentator at the game.

I don't think even Holllywood could write a script like that.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I started warming to Brady when he kept getting called for cheating, taking heat for whatever Billacheck did.. So he goes to Tampa no spygate no deflate gate, yet he picked up a ring and chucked the trophy to a different boat, that sir is not a reason to go after Tom Brady. But that was all he gave them. Player haters made me a Brady man!!!!!

I do wish he could have won it with Randy Moss. But with or without he wins because he has an aura I think that is similar to Michael Jordan. They literally make their teammates believe they can do better.

Side note- again. My first guitar teacher did that to me. Without him, i played average, but when he backed me on rythm? Man, I take the guitar behind the back, played with my teeth! He was my Michael Brady/Tom Jordan all in one!

Thats how great Brady is to me, he makes everyone rise to their occasion. Win the big one again...not sure how he'd take that as a means to keep playing until he looks human an entire season.
    That's the last question. he has answered everything but-will he know when it is time?

You called it on rams, looking good 4-1.

Not sure of the Dolphins so I am going with Bucs for the win this weekend.
    Bengals Packers both 3-1...not sure just going with the Pack as a Rodgers fan.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh my....no rodgers?

Can't see Pac doing much without Rodgers who is the only quarterback in history to throw for 400 career touchdowns before hitting 100 interceptions.

7-1 is a mean record. Not sure what the 2nd half will bring and how long he is out for.

The Bucs looked pretty bad last game, but considering they are 6-2, anyone can have a bad game or two...and still be formiddable.

Not sure who plays for the Lions 0-8 or the Dolphins 1-7. But we can pretty much sum up their playoff chances were done by 1/2 way through the season.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey @SlimTrae

How are you liking all this parity in the NFL this year? I'm loving it myself. No sooner does the ESPN bandwagon attach itself to one team, when that team immediately gets derailed by some inferior team... and it's on to the next bandwagon.

I know you're a Packers fan, so you must be sitting pretty with the way the season is going right now. Rodgers is as sharp as ever... and the Packer defense has improved incredibly. Right now it seems it's between the Pack and the Cardinals for top dog position in the NFC.

My own Steelers are playing at "paper-bag-over-the-head" level, getting blown out by little brother Cincinnati in an embarrassing loss. They might very well be the worst team in the division right now.

But I have a fantasy scenario to share with you.

The Buccaneers, although far from invincible, are chugging along in 1st place in the NFC South. On the other side, the Patriots are coming into form behind the genius of old man Belichick.

How COOL WOULD IT BE to have a Super Bowl showdown between the coach GOAT and the quarterback GOAT, who won all those SB rings together??

I think it would be worthy of a Hollywood script... and far and away the MOST WATCHED Super Bowl in the history of the sport.

I'm kinda rooting for it.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My amazement is currently the Lions.
    I just looked up the QB stats to compare to Rodgers.
    6 ints for Goff vs 4 for Rodgers.
    Not bad, yet, there is a 600 yard disparity in passing.
    23 tds vs 10 tds.

RB wise, no difference really the leading for:
    Pack's A. Jones 133 caries for 564 yards just 3 tds
    Lions A. Smith 140 caries for 555 yards has 4 tds.

Lions lead in takeaways Oruwaires 5(ints) to Packs 2 (ints) per Amos corner vs safety.

I guess 600 yards seperated between Rodgers and Goff is signficant, 28-- vs 2200...but outside that, amazing how one team has 9 wins and the other 0 hahahaaa

They should call it a day- Detroit can't win a division let alone a SB. Just move to another city.

Rodgers numbers seem average compared to Brady breathing down Car's next 3400 passing Damn!!!
    Detroit's Oruwaries is ranked 5th on takeaways.
    Rodgers ranked 11th overall to Brady ranked 2nd. Tom is just complete MasterBack. Aint no Quarter no half, is a Complete Back with those numbers.....
    ...at that age. He's Bernard Hopkins only with a cool & humble demeanor!

Even more amazing to me is how Detroit is winless, yet their QB aint in last place. 5 others stink worse than his numbers.

Now Pitt's BIg Ben is playing like an old guy, yet his numbers aren't that much less than Rodgers 6ints vs 4int. 300 yard disparity in passing, yet Ben per ESPN is ranked 16th. At first I wasnt sure what you meant by Steelers as of lately, ok, I see they're on a 3 game losing streak placing them 5-5.
    To me that is where they are always at midseason!!! Squeezing into playoff around 10-6 or 9-7 I thought was standard for them, but then again I haven't been a full time NFL fan in about a decade 1/2.

Patriots at 8-4? Pretty good and that would be a helluva ending If Rodgers doesnt get the pack there, then I am cool with that showdown!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess you didn't see the Steeler-Bengal game today, then. Being 5-5 just doesn't describe getting shellacked 41-10 by the Bengals.

Detroit... meh. They're perennially bad. I even forget they're in the league.

Pittsburgh is going nowhere, so I guess seeing the Pats making a deep run wouldn't be all that bad. They'll probably trip up against either the Chiefs or Ravens (can't stand them) in the AFC... but right now they seem to have an ok probably path to the SB.

Tampa Bay's biggest hurdles in making the SB would be your Packers and the Cardinals.

A part of me is still hoping for a Brady-Belichick showdown. I'd call it the GOAT Super Bowl.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw the score -41-10, not the game. One sided. Again, My perspective is that good season or so-so Steelers is a hot/cold team. Rarely do they play an entire season the same. Somewhere they will look better or worse, but rarely are they on a consistent trajctory to a winning season.

All I want is an Aaron Rodgers SB. I think there is a possibilty Detroit will beat Green Bay. Say what? They meet last game. Big chance they will rest their starters thats why!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be happy if the Steelers finish at .500 or just above.
    But.....

Ben Roethlisberger is about 500 years old in NFL years.
    The defense resembles a torn sieve.
    The running game couldn't gain 100 yards breaking out of a wet paper bag.

The recent Steelers may well have been a "puttering around to a 9-7 season" kind of team.

But this is a proud franchise with a winning tradition... and seasons like this one hurt Pittsburgh more than it would hurt say... a Detroit, for instance.

Former Steeler, now sports analyst Ryan Clark pretty much said as much in ESPN over the last few days. These aren't your "usual" Steelers.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can I blame Rodgers failure due to taking ivermectin? JK!!!!!

13-10 Wow, How does one of the most profficient QB's in the history of the game, choke so bad in playoffs? One SB win in his 1st major year and jack nada since.

Playoff run vs 49ers Rodger is 0-4 I guess they can say I OWN YOU!
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/aaron...b0b7eb1cd5f639

Well Rams-Bucs should be a good one. Bills-Chiefs I havent seen much of either team as well as Bengals who won.

Rodgers loses on the final play via botched special teams followed up by a field goal. I'm rooting for Brady now that my #1 fizzled out...again.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    I'm rooting for Brady now that my #1 fizzled out...again.
    Well there's always next year ....

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    I'm rooting for Brady now that my #1 fizzled out...again.
    Well there's always next year ....
    Well i SP ke too soon, extra time on the way, LA bet on the over for fumbles i think.

And again i speak too soon la get a good pass for a long gain and spike the ball with 4 seconds left and surely can't miss this field goal, they're not green bay after all....and he does it, fun ending

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Close game alert, pitch invader dressed in red disturbs the game at the two minute warning in kansas... 4th and 13 for buffalo who were 5 down and old buffalo bill goes and gets a touchdown..then the gits go for the 3 points and it's looking unlikely and the quarter back git makes the pass..so buffalo 3 up with 1.54 left..everyone has three timeouts left.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bloody ell, great ending to the game, I'm no NFL expert so either Great attacking or terrible defending or both :S... Kansas go up and scorea td on the first drive with a 60 yarder leaving a minute left then buffalo go and score a TD right back leaving 13 seconds :S Kansas go and score the field goal with 3 seconds left and off to extra time we go. Wild ending, Kansas score the TD in extra time so game over, seems a bit unfair that buffalo didn't get the chance to answer that but they just couldn't stop Kansas on three drives.
    Last edited by palmerq; 01-24-2022 at 03:56 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we just witnessed one of the greatest NFL playoff weekends ever! All games down to the last minute.

I was rooting for Brady myself... but man, he just had too many obstacles to overcome. Minus two of his best receivers. O-line banged up. It didn't help that the Rams have probably the most ferocious D-line in football, what between Aaron Donald and Von Miller. I was shocked that Brady was able to engineer a comeback from being down 27-3. But then, that's Brady for you.

In the Wild Card weekend I got all my predictions right. THIS weekend I crashed and burned.

For next weekend I've got the Rams and the Chiefs. Felt bad for Josh Allen, man. That guy played well enough to win... but Patrick Mahomes was on the other side, so...

Thread Information