Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kimbo Slice against the likes of David Haye/James Toney in a bare-knuckle fight

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kimbo Slice against the likes of David Haye/James Toney in a bare-knuckle fight

Can Slice hang with these two in a straight up fist fight??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kimbo Slice against the likes of David Haye/James Toney in a bare-knuckle fight

David haye fights ?!!! And the other guy i won't even mention. He already has three people telling him he should keep fighting. And that is three too many.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kimbo Slice against the likes of David Haye/James Toney in a bare-knuckle fight

This throwback fighter, James Toney, has been losing that weight ( currently 217 ) and almost back to his 03 form.. It could be a wishful thinking on my part but I think he could still make some noise if he's not drained.. seriously, when was the last time he weighed 217.. the weight alone shows us that he's at least serious again..

He's gunning for Tarver and Bhops and I wouldn't count him out.. especially against Tarver..

War Toney!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If a former great like Toney shares a boxing ring or a taxi cab ride for that matter with a glorified circus creation like Kimbo it will make his laydown affair with Randy Colture look like a serious solid professional event after all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye's skill and power would demolish him and so would Toney's . Slice was a street fighter, these 2 are professional fighters that reached the very top of the hardest sport of all to reach the top of.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Haye's skill and power would demolish him and so would Toney's . Slice was a street fighter, these 2 are professional fighters that reached the very top of the hardest sport of all to reach the top of.
    And not even a particularly good one
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    This throwback fighter, James Toney, has been losing that weight ( currently 217 ) and almost back to his 03 form.. It could be a wishful thinking on my part but I think he could still make some noise if he's not drained.. seriously, when was the last time he weighed 217.. the weight alone shows us that he's at least serious again..

He's gunning for Tarver and Bhops and I wouldn't count him out.. especially against Tarver..

War Toney!!!!!!!
    Toney's probably taking some illegal substances to drop the weight off. It's not like he hasn't popped pills before.

Toney at this point has no discipline ( has been a problem for a long time) and would have no chance against the likes of Tarver or Hopkins.

It was only a few years back, he was totally outboxed by Samuel Peter. yeah Samuel "Who Ness" Peter.

I can't even imagine how bad he would look in the ring now.

Toney should retire. He's doing his legacy no good at this point.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post

War Toney!!!!!!!
    Toney's probably taking some illegal substances to drop the weight off. It's not like he hasn't popped pills before.

Toney at this point has no discipline ( has been a problem for a long time) and would have no chance against the likes of Tarver or Hopkins.

It was only a few years back, he was totally outboxed by Samuel Peter. yeah Samuel "Who Ness" Peter.

Toney's legacy has been sealed long time ago so whatever he does from this point on is an extra point and it doesn't effect his legacy in any way..

Totally outboxed by Peter?? That's an overstatement and the rematch shouldnt have happened anyways because Toney clearly won the first fight..

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all honesty, who knows. Slice is no doubt a circus freak but at the same time a bareknuckle street fight is a hell of a lot different than boxing. Not to say a really good HW wouldn't tune him up, but Toney hasn't been close to that for 5+ years now and his style wouldn't do him any favours outside the ring. David Haye you have to figure could easily knock Kimbo flat out, and probably would. Still a chance he would be gunshy bareknuckle in a parking lot though. If you let anything at all besides clean punching slide anything could happen. Toney especially strikes me as a guy who would probably just get bullrushed to the ground a lot of the time in a real fight, these days at least.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    In all honesty, who knows. Slice is no doubt a circus freak but at the same time a bareknuckle street fight is a hell of a lot different than boxing. Not to say a really good HW wouldn't tune him up, but Toney hasn't been close to that for 5+ years now and his style wouldn't do him any favours outside the ring. David Haye you have to figure could easily knock Kimbo flat out, and probably would. Still a chance he would be gunshy bareknuckle in a parking lot though. If you let anything at all besides clean punching slide anything could happen. Toney especially strikes me as a guy who would probably just get bullrushed to the ground a lot of the time in a real fight, these days at least.
    We are assuming this bare knuckle fight would be all stand up and throwing hands, which is the way Kimbo did it back when he was fighting on the internet in street brawls. The rules were no taking it to the ground, all stand up using your fists.

In that situation, Kimbo would not stand a chance of even hitting Toney, and if by some freak chance he did hit Toney, it wouldn't do much besides piss James off. Toney or Haye easily KO Kimbo in a bare knuckle boxing match.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really hate watching bare knuckle fights even on video, so don't know what kind of realistic chance Kimbo would have against anyone I guess. Just strictly going by his physique though it's hard to imagine he wouldn't have a chance against Toney in an anything goes kind of scrap was my point. James is so top heavy and off balance sometimes it's funny to watch him these days. Of course he'd beat up a street fighter if you only allow punchers thrown though, not sure why this thread was even made if thats the question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kimbo slice is NOT a world class fighter like the other two guys. He is just a guy who has a cool look and gets alot of publicity. Whether gloves or not, he has to be matched very very carefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post

War Toney!!!!!!!

Toney's legacy has been sealed long time ago so whatever he does from this point on is an extra point and it doesn't effect his legacy in any way..

Totally outboxed by Peter?? That's an overstatement and the rematch shouldnt have happened anyways because Toney clearly won the first fight..
    Toney is a great and his legacy is sealed but he's not doing himself any favors at this point.

I thought Toney won the first fight also but that doesn't take any from the fact that there was a rematch and Toney was beaten clearly imo, certainly from what i remember anyway.

Thread Information