Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In what other sport would this be even CLOSE to being acceptable??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default In what other sport would this be even CLOSE to being acceptable??

Boxing is the sport of one shitty decision after another. It's the norm, rather than the exception. Judges protect networks' favorite fighters, especially the undefeated ones. Nationalism plays a big part in judges decisions. Sometimes the gap between judges in the same fight is HUGE.... but other times they're mysteriously exactly the same in their scores.

....... and like the sick puppies we boxing fans are, we just keep coming back for more.

This is pathetic. Kellerman, Lampley, and Roy were taking turns deep-throating Ward. Ward got dropped in the 2nd, hurt in the 1st, manhandled totally in the 1st half of the fight..... and Kovalev continued pressing the attack in the 2nd half of the fight, even if he lost a couple of rounds. He was the aggressor throughout. But Ward is undefeated, the American fighting in U.S. soil, self-proclaimed S.O.G...... and was fighting a Russian, FFS. I'm surprised the cards came in so fast. Usually they take a while to fudge them.

Boxing is ruined by these pathetic decisions. In what other sport is this even close to being acceptable?!?!?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pissed too.Close, but clear win for Kovalev.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In what other sport would this be even CLOSE to being acceptable??

That was a shocking robbery had kov wining by 4 points fight wasn't even close

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are going to be generous it could have been a draw.
    Ward did not take the title from Crusher.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How could it have been a draw though? If you give each guy 6 rounds, Ward loses due to the knockdown. If it was possible to give Ward 7 by going with him every round that was close(and a few were extremely), the fact that all 3 judges would do that still suggests they had a favorite imo. There was certainly no possible way to have Ward winning by any wider margin, whereas nobody could have complained if you had Kov up as many as 4 points. I'll have to rewatch this tomorrow.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all need to watch it again and mark each round.

Either way, Ward stepped up to the weight, got knocked down and still won the fight..perhaps we all missed something..I will watch it again after work and see if the judges took into account the inside body work and elusiveness of Ward to pinch the win.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see how it was a clear win.. I also dunno what you mean by Lederman deepthroating ward as he had it wide to Kov.

I scored it 116-111 to ward.

I couldn't make an argument for Kov winning....

AND BEFORE YOU go all menstrual.. I don't like ward.. check this site, I've never said a good thing about him.

His style annoys me and he's boring

I wanted Kov to win but he just didn't do enough after round 6. Ward dominated the later rounds so fair decision.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 11-21-2016 at 01:26 AM.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey no problem. Obviously some people will see it that way. They're in the minority, though. I don't buy the "Ward dominated the last 6 rounds" argument. It's not like Kovalev went away. He continued pressing the attack, and was the aggressor throughout. Ward did a lot of grappling, like he always does, and Kovalev responded in kind. Not saying Ward didn't connect some good shots but really.... He got knocked down in the 2nd and hurt in the 1st from a jab. To me, Kovalev won the first 6 rounds in a landslide, and Ward made it closer in the 2nd half of the fight. But no way he won. No way.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Hey no problem. Obviously some people will see it that way. They're in the minority, though. I don't buy the "Ward dominated the last 6 rounds" argument. It's not like Kovalev went away. He continued pressing the attack, and was the aggressor throughout. Ward did a lot of grappling, like he always does, and Kovalev responded in kind. Not saying Ward didn't connect some good shots but really.... He got knocked down in the 2nd and hurt in the 1st from a jab. To me, Kovalev won the first 6 rounds in a landslide, and Ward made it closer in the 2nd half of the fight. But no way he won. No way.
    I agree that rounds 3, 4, 5 and 6 won this fight!

I scored them mainly to Ward and others to Kov. On my card had I scored those 4 rounds to Kov he wins the fight so yeah it was close.

Round 7 to 12 ward was winning the fight with jabs and body shots and my issue with Kov is he missed a lot.

A lot of people score punches not many look at the amount of times fighters miss.

Close but not by any means controversial.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 11-21-2016 at 01:25 AM.
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    We all need to watch it again and mark each round.

Either way, Ward stepped up to the weight, got knocked down and still won the fight..perhaps we all missed something..I will watch it again after work and see if the judges took into account the inside body work and elusiveness of Ward to pinch the win.

I think it was either a draw or I gave it to ward. Alot of those punches from kov to ward during the second half of the fight were either misses or glancing blows. Ward was destroying Kov's body and dodging the shit outta his punches. Every punch Kov threw lampley was like oh another punch lands for KOv. Even if he missed, Lampley was on Kov's dick.

Rematch would be perfect, I still see ward winning

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 7-5 for Kovalev, and with the KD that's 115-111. I could even see it being 6-6 with Kovalev getting the 114-113 nod.

But I'm going to have to go back and watch it again to see where Ward won 7 rounds, because I really wasn't expecting that at all.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    I had it 7-5 for Kovalev, and with the KD that's 115-111. I could even see it being 6-6 with Kovalev getting the 114-113 nod.

But I'm going to have to go back and watch it again to see where Ward won 7 rounds, because I really wasn't expecting that at all.
    Watch how Ward picks him off and works the body from rounds 7 to 12.

Also watch how much Kov misses
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

The bodywork that Ward put in was what pulled the fight that much closer for me, I can accept the decision either way.
    If all 3 judges would have gave it to Kov at 114-113 would you think that was unfair? I know earlier on you said you gave it to Ward by about 5 points didn't you?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

I saw that and gave Ward several rounds for doing just that.

But I believe Kovalev rallied back in the later rounds and won 10 and 12.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing is the sport of one shitty decision after another. It's the norm, rather than the exception. Judges protect networks' favorite fighters, especially the undefeated ones. Nationalism plays a big part in judges decisions. Sometimes the gap between judges in the same fight is HUGE.... but other times they're mysteriously exactly the same in their scores.
    ....... and like the sick puppies we boxing fans are, we just keep coming back for more.

This is pathetic. Kellerman, Lampley, and Roy were taking turns deep-throating Ward. Ward got dropped in the 2nd, hurt in the 1st, manhandled totally in the 1st half of the fight..... and Kovalev continued pressing the attack in the 2nd half of the fight, even if he lost a couple of rounds. He was the aggressor throughout. But Ward is undefeated, the American fighting in U.S. soil, self-proclaimed S.O.G...... and was fighting a Russian, FFS. I'm surprised the cards came in so fast. Usually they take a while to fudge them.

Boxing is ruined by these pathetic decisions. In what other sport is this even close to being acceptable?!?!?
    It was nowhere near a robbery. The Hooker Vs Perez fight prior, now that was a robbery.

I thought the UK sky sports commentators were very biased towards Ward. That's why I ALWAYS like to watch big close fights that go to scorecards twice, second time with the sound off.

With the sound off - I had it 114-113 in Ward's favour. I score fights minute by minute

So 10-9, 10-10, 10-9 then tally up who won the round.

But it could have went either way. I think people are confusing pressure for points. Sure Kovalev put the pressure on (although not as much second time round) but you don't get points for pressure. Kova was made to miss A-LOT. Kovalev needed a Manny Steward (RIP) in there saying stuff like this.

All in all like a lot these hyped up fights, they fail deliver. EG - Money Vs Pac Man. De La Hoya - Trinidad but there will be rematch though.
    Last edited by denilson200; 11-21-2016 at 03:02 AM.

Thread Information