Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner, the fighter that boxing fans hate to love

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Someone needs to remind Jim Lampley and his cheerleaders that when Broner was being billed a "destroyer" against a 81-1 underdog and losing rounds, Mayweather in his 26th fight was annihilating one Diego Corrales.

People don't 'hate' Broner they hate the fact that hes being prematurley annointed in the same mention as proven greats and Champions. Fact is, hes absolutley nothing like Floyd in the ring and even his 'look at me I'm a bad guy' act is forced. "He was tough as a steak".. He can't even get the punchline right. Its a $2 steak Adrien. His act is so transparent that it doesn't come of as real. Haymon needs to get a new writer.

Totally agree with Broner's "bad boy act" looking forced.
    It's like a bad standup comedian, and nothing but a few crickets greeting every bad joke.

But HBO isn't alone in doing the "premature annointing".
    I haven't exactly heard Broner say he doesn't belong up there yet.

And therein lies the danger. He's becoming so full of himself, he's bound to start underestimating future opponents (if he's not doing so already).... and eventually will get dumped on his ass by one of them. Personally, I like watching him fight. I like his aggresiveness.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner is a talented fighter who is following the same recipe that made Floyd successful which is to annoy as many boxing fans as possible that they will pay to see him get knocked out. If Broner can stay at the lower weight he will beat everyone out of sight. His real challenges will be against Rios, Garcia and Khan. We would all love to see him get his ass handed to him against them or should he win he will get our respect and we will become his greatest fans.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the guy is a complete cock, during his ring walk i couldnt decide whether i disliked him or i felt embarrassed for him

what a cock, if anyone else behaved that way you would just laugh and assume they were taking the piss, broner actually thinks he looks cool when he is doing it

he looks a fantastic fighter tho, say what you like about rees but he is a solid lightweight, has the toughness and skills to give virtually any other lightweight or even light welter a tough fight, broner made it look easy tho
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the thread-title. Seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Solid comments here. Thanks for the response guys. I do think some of you misunderstood me a bit though. I said he had a Mayweatheresque attitude OUTSIDE the ring. I'm not comparing him to Floyd inside the ring. Too early for that. His defensive set is similiar to Money in that he tries to hide behind that shoulder, but it will be YEARS before he refines it to Floyds level, if he ever achieves that at all. From a boxing purist standpoint, you simply have to appreciate Floyd more. The skill is there, pinpoint accuracy, possibly the best defense we've ever seen. But, sometimes...SOMETIMES...that makes for boring fights, which is why Floyd has to sell some of his fights with his mouth. Strictly from a casual boxing fans standpoint, if you want to see someone get knocked out LEGITAMITELY (Money/Ortiz..lol), you want to see Broner. Yeah, his stance is wide and that leaves him succeptible to hits...that's what alot of fans want to see...even I do sometimes. Sometimes we just want to see 2 guys beat the living hell out of eachother. It's entertaining. That's why I'm pulling for Broner right now. He's entertaining and he has the skill set...it just needs to be refined. As far as some of you talking about Broner vs. Matthyse...I'm betting that would be a much more entertaining fight than Mayweather/Gruerro.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adrien Broner
    @Brandon_Rios1 a homie stop talking that fuck shit you cool people's but I will beat the fuck out you boy better worry bout your next fight!

Brandon Rios
    @AdrienBroner you won't do shit cuz I m not 4 foot. You was the one open ur mouth n said my name. Fucker n try n come knock this tree down
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 15rounder View Post
    Solid comments here. Thanks for the response guys. I do think some of you misunderstood me a bit though. I said he had a Mayweatheresque attitude OUTSIDE the ring. I'm not comparing him to Floyd inside the ring. Too early for that. His defensive set is similiar to Money in that he tries to hide behind that shoulder, but it will be YEARS before he refines it to Floyds level, if he ever achieves that at all. From a boxing purist standpoint, you simply have to appreciate Floyd more. The skill is there, pinpoint accuracy, possibly the best defense we've ever seen. But, sometimes...SOMETIMES...that makes for boring fights, which is why Floyd has to sell some of his fights with his mouth. Strictly from a casual boxing fans standpoint, if you want to see someone get knocked out LEGITAMITELY (Money/Ortiz..lol), you want to see Broner. Yeah, his stance is wide and that leaves him succeptible to hits...that's what alot of fans want to see...even I do sometimes. Sometimes we just want to see 2 guys beat the living hell out of eachother. It's entertaining. That's why I'm pulling for Broner right now. He's entertaining and he has the skill set...it just needs to be refined. As far as some of you talking about Broner vs. Matthyse...I'm betting that would be a much more entertaining fight than Mayweather/Gruerro.

Great post but I just want to touch a bit on the bold part. I don't think he wants to be like Floyd exactly in the ring. He's more like Benton then Floyd. Floyd fought much like Broner earlier in his career. Broner is a seek and destroy fighter who just employs the shoulder roll with an extra wide flat footed power stance. Every punch he throws is designed to take your head off. Although a good counter puncher I just don't see him moving into Floyds defensive first style at all.Of course getting his bell rang a few times could change that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v...ture=endscreen

Anyone remember this earlier Broner fight?

How'd you score it?
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Adrien Broner
    @Brandon_Rios1 a homie stop talking that fuck shit you cool people's but I will beat the fuck out you boy better worry bout your next fight!

Brandon Rios
    @AdrienBroner you won't do shit cuz I m not 4 foot. You was the one open ur mouth n said my name. Fucker n try n come knock this tree down
    I like how these Arum fighters yap away towards GBP fighters knowing full well the fight will never be made. Rio's boxing IQ is about a high as his thug mentality IQ. It's about 30 and it takes 31 to bark.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Someone needs to remind Jim Lampley and his cheerleaders that when Broner was being billed a "destroyer" against a 81-1 underdog and losing rounds, Mayweather in his 26th fight was annihilating one Diego Corrales.

People don't 'hate' Broner they hate the fact that hes being prematurley annointed in the same mention as proven greats and Champions. Fact is, hes absolutley nothing like Floyd in the ring and even his 'look at me I'm a bad guy' act is forced. "He was tough as a steak".. He can't even get the punchline right. Its a $2 steak Adrien. His act is so transparent that it doesn't come of as real. Haymon needs to get a new writer.

Totally agree with Broner's "bad boy act" looking forced.
    It's like a bad standup comedian, and nothing but a few crickets greeting every bad joke.

But HBO isn't alone in doing the "premature annointing".
    I haven't exactly heard Broner say he doesn't belong up there yet.

And therein lies the danger. He's becoming so full of himself, he's bound to start underestimating future opponents (if he's not doing so already).... and eventually will get dumped on his ass by one of them. Personally, I like watching him fight. I like his aggresiveness.
    I like Broner fights too, it's all the BS that irritates me. I wish the dude would stop touching his face all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Adrien Broner

Brandon Rios
    I like how these Arum fighters yap away towards GBP fighters knowing full well the fight will never be made. Rio's boxing IQ is about a high as his thug mentality IQ. It's about 30 and it takes 31 to bark.
    Usually I'd agree, but Broner is the one who hasn't kept Rios' name out of his mouth.

You don't call out Guerrero and back out on camera.
    You don't call out Rios and comeback with, "I respect you a a fighter, but"

Thread Information