Thread: Ricky Hatton apparently making an annoucnment on future in 3 days

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Hatton apparently making an annoucnment on future in 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I think the Hatton people are just throwing Paulie's name out there. If he does come back he'll fight somebody he can beat at the MEN and then if the fight shows he's got anything left he'll think about fighting somebody like Paulie.
    Who would he fight before/instead of Malinaggi? Someone like Theophane maybe?
    Nobody British. Some foreign has-been fossil. Lovemore N'Dou or somebody like that. Maybe not N'Dou as the British board probably wouldn't license him. Some ancient lightweight or 140 pounder to fight Ricky at 147.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    Hatton on the 14th of august:

He looks well.
    He does, I can't see a single herpes sore.
    Last edited by AdamGB; 08-23-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    Hatton on the 14th of august:

He looks well.
    He does, I can't see a single herpes sore.
    Ricky is scraping the barrel with his choice of comeback opponent there

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/08/paulie-malignaggi-refutes-ricky-hatton.html?m=1

I respect Paulie you know, comes across in the best way possible here.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Until I hear it from his mouth, this is merely a Hamed style 'I like to be talked about' ego stroke
    The only ego stroking I can detect here is from @TitoFan liking your comment. Has Ricky said openly that he is coming back?

It's called projection. People prejudge the personality of others and then project there own biased prejudices onto them. You don't like him, Titofan doesn't like him ,therefore you both deem it arrogant of him to get in shape and stoke talk of a comeback, despite the fact that he has not announced anything.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/08/paulie-malignaggi-refutes-ricky-hatton.html?m=1

I respect Paulie you know, comes across in the best way possible here.
    World Boxing News: Paulie Malignaggi refutes Ricky Hatton claims, remains optimistic
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Until I hear it from his mouth, this is merely a Hamed style 'I like to be talked about' ego stroke
    The only ego stroking I can detect here is from @TitoFan liking your comment. Has Ricky said openly that he is coming back?

It's called projection. People prejudge the personality of others and then project there own biased prejudices onto them. You don't like him, Titofan doesn't like him ,therefore you both deem it arrogant of him to get in shape and stoke talk of a comeback, despite the fact that he has not announced anything.
    So basically I have formed an opinion of him and his come back and I am sharing it... Nowt gets passed you does it?!

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

So basically I have formed an opinion of him and his come back and I am sharing it... Nowt gets passed you does it?!
    No you already had a predetermined opinion of him and have inadvertently revealed that by talking about his ego as though you yourself do not posses such a thing. He is an entertainer of course he likes to be talked about, that does not mean he would struggle to get back into shape merely for the pleasure of hearing people talk about him? He could never box again and people would still talk about him. You just don't like him. You are entitled to your opinion.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course I have an ego... Everybody does? It's one of the components of the phsyche.

Some are bigger than others and some need more attention. What's your point?

How am I prejudging the guy? He's been in the public spotlight for YEARS, so I've had years to form an opinion. It's not like I just heard of the guy and jumped to a conclusion.

Are you under the impression I've said he can 't get in shape? Why can't he?

I'll treat hatton getting in shape as hatton getting in shape and until he makes an actual announcement? ('in 3 days'... and counting) I will treat any hint or tease he makes about a comeback the same way I do Naseem Hamed.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course I have an ego... Everybody does? It's one of the components of the phsyche.

Some are bigger than others and some need more attention. What's your point?

How am I prejudging the guy? He's been in the public spotlight for YEARS, so I've had years to form an opinion. It's not like I just heard of the guy and jumped to a conclusion.

Are you under the impression I've said he can 't get in shape? Why can't he?

I'll treat hatton getting in shape as hatton getting in shape and until he makes an actual announcement? ('in 3 days'... and counting) I will treat any hint or tease he makes about a comeback the same way I do Naseem Hamed.
    Naz was always fat after he retired, it was embarrassing for him when he said he would come back when he looked the size of a whale.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll give you that.

Being under 15 stone makes it less absurd... But until I hear something concrete than Hatton getting healthier is no more than that.

I've heard rumours before and I've seen him on talk shows looking fat and talking about comebacks in the past, if I hadn't then maybe I'd give the rumours now a bit more credence.

Thread Information