Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford v David Avanesyan 10/12/23

Errol Spence’s next fight may be against Jaron Ennis or Eimantas Stanionis as mandatory challengers push for their shot after Terence Crawford talks collapsed

Errol Spence is now being chased down by two mandatory challengers after failing to finalise a fight with Terence Crawford.

Spence is the WBA, WBC and IBF welterweight world champion and was deep in talks for an undisputed showdown with WBO champion Crawford this year.

However, due to issues at contract stages after the pair had agreed terms, they will not be facing one another next.

Instead of working with Spence’s advisor Al Haymon, Crawford has now announced a fight with David Avanesyan on December 10 under a different company.

As a result, Spence’s next fight is up in the air.

He has two outstanding mandatory challengers who are now pushing for their opportunities.

First is Lithuania’s Eimantas Stanionis, 28, who holds the lesser WBA ‘regular’ belt and so is in line for the legitimate WBA champion Spence.

Stanionis is 14-0 (9 KOs) and has petitioned the WBA to order Spence to fight him next.

“I have the first right to fight with Spence,” Stanionis said on social media.

“If he does not fight or forfeit the WBA ‘super’ champion title, there will be no WBA super duper champion and only the one I have will remain.”

The second challenger is IBF mandatory Jaron Ennis, who won a final eliminator in May to earn his shot.

The 25-year-old American is highly rated as one of the sport’s future stars and already holds a record of 29-0 (27 KOs).

Derrick ‘Bozy’ Ennis, Jaron’s father, trainer and manager told YSM Sports Media: “Look how long it’s been, Spence ain’t done none of them mandatories. We sent a petition to [the IBF] already.”

Time will tell which opponent Spence has to take next, though it’s known that there is also a possibility he could move up in weight, seemingly killing the chances of a Crawford fight for good.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...ence-crawford/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to see Spence fight Ennis I have to say. Maybe it'll be a Passing of the Torch moment.
    on the minus side, I'm pretty certain that after that , Spence goes up to LMW and the Crawford fight is gone forever.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Spence is going to fight with Ennis. Especially if everything took that long to drag out with Bud. If he does, I'll give him a lot more credit than I have been. Of course Spence has the time to make the fight and train accordingly. The thing about Bud telling PBC he was fighting before the end of the year became a catalyst for them trying to bend him over. PBC drags it out on negotiations, So bud has a short camp due to a self imposed deadline, while spence has been drawing up strategy and planning training camp the entire time and Buds been hanging on their say so. Bud say i don't need you to make money, i can fight... that guy over there... Spence says.. "pfft whos that guy, you can't make money fighting that guy.... you'll be back..." In the meantime... do I fight Ennis or same myself the risk and the wear n' tear by fighting... another version of 'that guy'? He's already said hes not fight thurman, So if he moves up, Ennis, Stanionis, Thurman are left on the table for Bud along with Buds Mandatory, Ortiz.

If Spence moves up, Ennis Fighting Ortiz clears up the rankings a lot. Bud still needs a fight that crosses him over and gives him Parity at the negotiating table. Ugas or Thurman maybe but Thurman needs a showcase first and Bud would be back to square one... dealing with PBC.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Keith Thurman still relevant? What has he done in the last 5 years?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Is Keith Thurman still relevant? What has he done in the last 5 years?
    Cut his hair an nursed injuries. Probably not relevant but ranked 1 for one of the belts. That's why he needs a showcase or Crawford gains nothing by beating him. By going straight to ortiz or ennis, he won't be calling the shots against either of them yet as he would if he would if he made a statement to thought the casuals. I thought that would have been his fight with brook. But the khan/retirement presumably puts a damper on that.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingscene.com/ennis-ib...spence--169935

"Ennis (IBF), Stanionis (WBA) Petition To Enforce Mandatory Title Shot Against Spence"

And apparently the WBC will soon follow suit by naming Thurman as IT'S mandatory for Spence. All the #1's are clamoring for Spence's belts.

Meanwhile, Crawford is defending against #6 ranked (WBO) David Avanesyan.

Everytime I read more info regarding the desired clash between Spence and Crawford... it just makes me more and more disappointed in Crawford.

Assuming Crawford gets by Avanesyan and Spence gets by whoever he picks next (I wonder if the other orgs will strip him for doing that)..... DAMN... I hope Crawford-Spence is somewhere on the horizon.

If not.. it's Bud's fault.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

"Ennis (IBF), Stanionis (WBA) Petition To Enforce Mandatory Title Shot Against Spence"

And apparently the WBC will soon follow suit by naming Thurman as IT'S mandatory for Spence. All the #1's are clamoring for Spence's belts.

Everytime I read more info regarding the desired clash between Spence and Crawford... it just makes me more and more disappointed in Crawford.

Assuming Crawford gets by Avanesyan and Spence gets by whoever he picks next (I wonder if the other orgs will strip him for doing that)..... DAMN... I hope Crawford-Spence is somewhere on the horizon.

Maybe it is Bud's fault, I don't know , so at the moment , I'm going with @greynotsoold's post that there's blame on both sides.
    But let's say they both get past their next opponents and Spence goes up to Super Welterweight meaning the fight is gone forever . (which is what I think will happen.)
    Does it then become Spence's fault as he's moving out of the division to avoid him ? just asking.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it is Bud's fault, I don't know , so at the moment , I'm going with @greynotsoold's post that there's blame on both sides.
    But let's say they both get past their next opponents and Spence goes up to Super Welterweight meaning the fight is gone forever . (which is what I think will happen.)
    Does it then become Spence's fault as he's moving out of the division to avoid him ? just asking.

Fair question and I'll give you my honest opinion.

No. It's not Spence's fault... and I'll explain why.

Spence has already said he's a bit big for 147, and has given ample notice that at some point he plans to move up. There's nothing that should keep him from doing that by adhering to Crawford's obviously relaxed time schedule. In other words, it seems like Crawford (who I'd argue needs the big fight more than Spence) has taken his sweet ass time in trying to secure this showdown with Spence. Why should Spence dance to Crawford's tune? He holds all but one of the belts... he's fought more credible opposition than Bud at 147... and it's Bud who's the (relative) "newcomer" to the division. It's Bud who's been criticized for wasting his prime years not making the big fights (realizing also his past issues with TR). Now here he comes... picking the #6 contender as his next fight... while the #1's in the other orgs are all clamoring to be the next Spence opponent.

Again... I like Bud... but this process has soured me a little on him.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair question and I'll give you my honest opinion.

No. It's not Spence's fault... and I'll explain why.

Spence has already said he's a bit big for 147, and has given ample notice that at some point he plans to move up. There's nothing that should keep him from doing that by adhering to Crawford's obviously relaxed time schedule. In other words, it seems like Crawford (who I'd argue needs the big fight more than Spence) has taken his sweet ass time in trying to secure this showdown with Spence. Why should Spence dance to Crawford's tune? He holds all but one of the belts... he's fought more credible opposition than Bud at 147... and it's Bud who's the (relative) "newcomer" to the division. It's Bud who's been criticized for wasting his prime years not making the big fights (realizing also his past issues with TR). Now here he comes... picking the #6 contender as his next fight... while the #1's in the other orgs are all clamoring to be the next Spence opponent.

Again... I like Bud... but this process has soured me a little on him.
    Great answer to be fair. I still don’t know enough about the situation to say it’s anybody’s fault, but at the same time, I wouldn’t / couldn’t argue with a word you’ve said.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TRUTH Terence Crawford explains how Errol Spence Jr’s manager, Al Haymon, caused negotiations to collapse for undisputed clash

Terence Crawford has explained why negotiations for a highly-anticipated undisputed clash with Errol Spence Jr collapsed.

The pair seemed on a collision course, having reportedly agreed terms in September, but now negotiations have gone in a similar direction to that of the proposed Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua fight.

This became clear when Crawford announced he would be defending his WBO title against welterweight contender, David Avanesyan, on December 10, following an offer from new streaming service BLK Prime.

This caused frustration to boil among boxing fans who blamed Crawford for choosing to fight Avanesyan instead of Spence Jr, but now he has taken to Instagram live to explain his side of the story.

According to Crawford, Spence Jr’s manager, Al Haymon, is the real culprit behind the collapse in negotiations, having barred his fighter from taking a deal with $25 million guaranteed.

“Al’s a good dude, Al’s a charming guy and he’s a cool dude,” Crawford said. “I kind of like talking to him, but at the same time, Spence is Al’s guy, I’m not.

“We’re just going back and forth about the numbers. I have two companies that reach out to me that wanted to give me and Spence $25 million guaranteed.

“So, a real guy like myself, I called Spence. He had to go back and ask Al for permission and he didn’t call me back, so I proposed it to Al.

“Al told me, straight up, ‘I’m not letting anybody touch this fight.’

“I’m the only one that was taking all the risks, I told them ‘alright cool, I’ll take no guarantee, I’ll take the lesser end of the money, whatever it is you want, I’ll take it,’ because that’s how much confidence I got that I’m gonna beat that man.

“Even though I know that I was getting f***** in the long run, I just wanted a little transparency. Of course I want to see if the numbers add up to what they telling me.

“I never was offered a guarantee, not once, I never was given anything, but ‘here you want this fight, we gonna f*** you and then you got what you want.’

“So, you mad at me for taking a fight with a tough opponent for a bigger purse, a guarantee that I wasn’t even gonna get. You crazy in the head.

“You expect me to be disrespected, ran over, stepped on and just sit there and take it, that’s crazy.”

Crawford went on to reveal that after his fight with Avanesyan, if he is successful, he still plans to make a fight with Spence Jr, but we will just have to wait and see.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...se-undisputed/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty feeble undercard put forth for an inaugural show. Arni Khegai vs Eduardo Baez. Steven Nelson and few early prospects in squash matches. Oh and Cris Cyborg makes her pro debut vs some 0-2 gal that has not fought in 7 years. Because that's what we need more of on current PPVs .

Looks like Teo Lopez vs Sandor Martin it is that night.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    TRUTH Terence Crawford explains how Errol Spence Jr’s manager, Al Haymon, caused negotiations to collapse for undisputed clash

Terence Crawford has explained why negotiations for a highly-anticipated undisputed clash with Errol Spence Jr collapsed.

The pair seemed on a collision course, having reportedly agreed terms in September, but now negotiations have gone in a similar direction to that of the proposed Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua fight.

This became clear when Crawford announced he would be defending his WBO title against welterweight contender, David Avanesyan, on December 10, following an offer from new streaming service BLK Prime.

This caused frustration to boil among boxing fans who blamed Crawford for choosing to fight Avanesyan instead of Spence Jr, but now he has taken to Instagram live to explain his side of the story.

According to Crawford, Spence Jr’s manager, Al Haymon, is the real culprit behind the collapse in negotiations, having barred his fighter from taking a deal with $25 million guaranteed.

“Al’s a good dude, Al’s a charming guy and he’s a cool dude,” Crawford said. “I kind of like talking to him, but at the same time, Spence is Al’s guy, I’m not.

“We’re just going back and forth about the numbers. I have two companies that reach out to me that wanted to give me and Spence $25 million guaranteed.

“So, a real guy like myself, I called Spence. He had to go back and ask Al for permission and he didn’t call me back, so I proposed it to Al.

“I’m the only one that was taking all the risks, I told them ‘alright cool, I’ll take no guarantee, I’ll take the lesser end of the money, whatever it is you want, I’ll take it,’ because that’s how much confidence I got that I’m gonna beat that man.

“Even though I know that I was getting f***** in the long run, I just wanted a little transparency. Of course I want to see if the numbers add up to what they telling me.

“I never was offered a guarantee, not once, I never was given anything, but ‘here you want this fight, we gonna f*** you and then you got what you want.’

“So, you mad at me for taking a fight with a tough opponent for a bigger purse, a guarantee that I wasn’t even gonna get. You crazy in the head.

“You expect me to be disrespected, ran over, stepped on and just sit there and take it, that’s crazy.”

Crawford went on to reveal that after his fight with Avanesyan, if he is successful, he still plans to make a fight with Spence Jr, but we will just have to wait and see.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...se-undisputed/
    F Bud, I was a fan but he is lying through his f’n teeth. He was offered a 5 million dollar guarantee, he said he wanted 22. Espinoza upped it to 7, he gratiously(sarcasm) came down to 20. Espinoza went up to a last offer of 10 and Bud said he wouldn’t go below 15. So when he says he was never offered a guarantee, know for absolute certain that’s a f’n lie.

But we go on from here, have you noticed the fight he made at the exact guarantee he was offered for Spence but Spence would have made him more on the backend has had no promotion? That’s because the kiddy company he signed with gave in to the same absurd demand he gave to Al. This scumbag liar wanted right of refusal for all expenses. It’s absurd.

I was a fan for years and years but what is unacceptable is openly and blatantly lying. F that dirtbag. His career is forever tainted for the BS he has pulled here. He can count his money and insult the fans all he wishes. Anyone that cares to look into this knows this dirtbag is lying. He NEVER AGREED TO ANYTHING or there would be a fight. Because Spence was in

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

has david arrive in the u.s. yet?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meanwhile, Terence Crawford has unexpectedly said that he wants his undisputed welterweight clash with fellow American Errol Spence Jr to take place in the UK.

“I wouldn’t mind going to London to do it,” Crawford told Thaboxingvoice.

“You’re gonna make more, trust me, 100%. The UK support boxing more than the US.

“When Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua fight in the UK, they draw 60,000 in a stadium.”

"Al’s a good dude, Al’s a charming guy and he’s a cool dude,” Crawford said on Instagram live. “I kind of like talking to him, but at the same time, Spence is Al’s guy, I’m not.

“We’re just going back and forth about the numbers. I have two companies that reach out to me that wanted to give me and Spence $25million guaranteed.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...-fight-london/

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How do you know this lying dirtbag is lying again, he’s talking. Says he just wanted to look at the numbers, another f’n lie. The Muhammad Ali act guarantees he can see the numbers. He lies to the ignorant because the ignorant will believe it

Thread Information