530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vasyl Lomachenko is P4P #1

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    But this thread is about the opinion that Loma is p4p #1, and to those of us who consider a pro career something more than 9 fights, we respectfully disagree. That's not to say Loma won't be p4p #1 worthy soon... but anointing him now is a slap in the face to those fighters who have proven themselves over the course of a more significant number of fights. And........... since p4p is mythical and strictly about opinion... even us "dullards" are entitled to ours.
    Is it about quantity or quality of fights If a fighter walked out of the amateurs and clearly beat Loma, Mikey Garcia, and Terrance Crawford in his first three fights, would you REALLY not consider him due to insufficient quantity

Ok that's probably not gonna happen.

But let's say it did. With a resume like that, if we're talking Loma, Garcia, and Crawford at their very best, it's almost impossible not to put the guy up there near the top. But p4p # 1 with only 3 professional fights? C'mon. Lots of things happen over the course of a pro career. It's only with a little mileage that you can prove how good you are at: overcoming serious adversity, overcoming bad days, getting tagged and coming back to win, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi Alpha welcome back to the thread.

Ok, you mentioned Mickey Walker challenging Harry Greb at middleweight. But note that Walker had several fights near the MW weight immediately preceding this fight. He went back down after Greb as you say, then eventually continued moving up all the way to LHW. Probably a sign of someone needing to grow into his frame. Carmen Basilio campaigned most of his career at WW, moved up to MW, albeit a small one... and stayed there. Same with Griffith. Let's wait and see what happens with Brook. Maybe it's that he picked on the wrong MW to try and make the move up. The thing with Brook is he skipped 154 and went straight to 160... a very tall order.
    No shame in losing to a top guy. I don't think it means he couldn't be just as tough a challenge as other contenders at that weight. We'll have to weight and see what happens with his career.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    But this thread is about the opinion that Loma is p4p #1, and to those of us who consider a pro career something more than 9 fights, we respectfully disagree. That's not to say Loma won't be p4p #1 worthy soon... but anointing him now is a slap in the face to those fighters who have proven themselves over the course of a more significant number of fights. And........... since p4p is mythical and strictly about opinion... even us "dullards" are entitled to ours.
    Is it about quantity or quality of fights If a fighter walked out of the amateurs and clearly beat Loma, Mikey Garcia, and Terrance Crawford in his first three fights, would you REALLY not consider him due to insufficient quantity
    If a guy beat those guys it would be hard to dispute. At the moment it's a matter of other fighters doing better things so far in my opinion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's recap some of your boxing nuggets of wisdom:

1. You have a lifelong obsession that JMM ducked Naz. You've devoted pages and pages of boyish-adulation-driven nonsense trying to back up that bogus claim.

2. You practically consider Brook a bonafide MW because he jumped up two divisions for one fight and got beat down by GGG. Then jumped right back down. We all love Brook, but do not wear the same rose-tinted glasses you wear, and are thus grounded in reality. You use bogus numbers and "back them up" with your infantile "Fact".

3. You declare that Lomachenko is the world's # p4p for no other good reason, but because you say so. Anyone who doesn't share your opinion is an imbecile and a dullard. Meanwhile, it is pointed out that you're a moron, and you take offense.

There's more, but you get the point.
    Don't worry though. I'll always be around to set you straight.
    Feel free to have a pop at me but don't accuse me of saying things i've never said.

1. Provide evidence of me calling anyone an idiot for giving an opinion about P4P? I called Master an idiot for saying "Golovkin let Brook do better against him." I fully stand by it. I'm the one being told they're "wrong" for expressing an OPINION about a fantasy scenario. I called you a dullard for accusing me of arguing a point I never even made. Even when you were SHOWN that I never made the point you still brought it up. So you're either utterly thick or an arsehole. Or both.

2. Provide the "bogus numbers" and "facts" i've posted?

If you don't provide evidence or apologise there's gonna be consequences. Fact.
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-19-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

1. You have a lifelong obsession that JMM ducked Naz. You've devoted pages and pages of boyish-adulation-driven nonsense trying to back up that bogus claim.

2. You practically consider Brook a bonafide MW because he jumped up two divisions for one fight and got beat down by GGG. Then jumped right back down. We all love Brook, but do not wear the same rose-tinted glasses you wear, and are thus grounded in reality. You use bogus numbers and "back them up" with your infantile "Fact".

3. You declare that Lomachenko is the world's # p4p for no other good reason, but because you say so. Anyone who doesn't share your opinion is an imbecile and a dullard. Meanwhile, it is pointed out that you're a moron, and you take offense.

Feel free to have a pop at me but don't accuse me of saying things i've never said.

1. Provide evidence of me calling anyone an idiot for giving an opinion about P4P? I called Master an idiot for saying "Golovkin let Brook do better against him." I fully stand by it. I'm the one being told they're "wrong" for expressing an OPINION about a fantasy scenario. I called you a dullard for accusing me of arguing a point I never even made. Even when you were SHOWN that I never made the point you still brought it up. So you're either utterly thick or an arsehole. Or both.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before you used your mod privileges in a manner in which they're not meant to be used.

If you're allowed to do that freely then maybe this isn't the place I thought it was.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

p4p number 1? lomachenko wouldn't even get into my top 5 !

my p4p list would be

1 canelo alvarez
    2 andre ward
    3 wladimir klitschko
    4 tony bellew
    5 adonis stevenson

then lomachenko at number 6 :S.....................................

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I knew it would only be a matter of time before you used your mod privileges in a manner in which they're not meant to be used.

If you're allowed to do that freely then maybe this isn't the place I thought it was.
    we get privileges . I can't even get ten percent off one of those snazzy Saddo coffee mugs. Alright who's holding out . He may be just referring to changing your name to Twinkie and asking for pointed details rather than bashing you with that mythical blue machine of oppression?

As normal p4p talk turns into a shat show, it's like trying to hold water firmly in your hand. Impossible to reach conclusion but all the talk I wonder..now say a non p4p guy beats a p4p, does that automatically mean he's p4p in sport or more reasonably proving himself top in that division? Also doesn't how a guy tops a p4p fighter mean more than the actual win. Out fighting and out skilling a guy has to mean more than the random hard KO shot?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

my p4p list would be

1 canelo alvarez
    2 andre ward
    3 wladimir klitschko
    4 tony bellew
    5 adonis stevenson

Canelo??
    Adonis??!??

Oh wait..... I just saw the flag.

Still, c'mon man. You left off Kov and Chocolatito. Ward I would have to grudgingly agree with off his win over Kov.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on @TitoFan you seem like a pretty decent dude. What did @Fenster do to piss you off? We all get passionate about boxing at times and I'm not sure if your just trying to be funny. Being around to set Fenster straight makes me think you are. We have all probably made outrageous claims about certain boxers at one time or another. Nothing that you listed as Fenster's wisdom is deplorable. I think Hamed avoided Marquez but it's no big deal. I don't remember Fenster saying that he thought Brook was a bonafide middleweight. Also Fenster and I disagreed on Loma as #1 but were able to debate each others case respectfully. Bro you're to good to let these little things get to you. I might not know the whole story here but we are all fans and we are bound to butt heads now and then. At the end of the day it's not really that important.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my p4p list would be

1 canelo alvarez
    2 andre ward
    3 wladimir klitschko
    4 tony bellew
    5 adonis stevenson

I know P4P is mythical but really?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NOTHING!!! NADA!!! ZILCH!!! ZERO EVIDENCE to back up anything you've claimed.

STOP LYING ABOUT ME!!!

Say what you want but DO NOT LIE!!!

Mod privileges? You fucking coward. Change your pants.

There'll be no more discussion in this thread about anything other than the topic. If you continue to post anything that's not related to the topic it will get deleted. Thanks.

Mod Fenster.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

my p4p list would be

1 canelo alvarez
    2 andre ward
    3 wladimir klitschko
    4 tony bellew
    5 adonis stevenson

Yeah Bellew is at least two places too low.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my p4p list would be

1 canelo alvarez
    2 andre ward
    3 wladimir klitschko
    4 tony bellew
    5 adonis stevenson

Yeah Bellew is at least two places too low.
    And no sign of Wilder?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guys I listed didn't work their way up. There are many others as well like Mares or Spinks, Armstrong went from 126 to 147. Napoles is probably more in line with Brook as he went back to 147. The thing is most guys who move up and try to come back down again seem to suffer. Think Jones Jr for example. The question was how can a fighter be a tougher challenge than contenders/ex champions at the weight the champion fights at. @Master may have been talking about Brook but I think @Fenster and myself have given examples that this could in fact be the case. With Brook we may never know as he might not ever get back to 160 but I think he would be at least 50/ 50 with some of the guys that have challenged GGG. As history has shown many of the best welterweights have been competitive at 160.

Hi Alpha, Yes I was talking about Brook and only Brook.

Fenster has dug a hole for himself and he continues digging. To start showing me the scores of the fight between GGG v Brook is desperate. I said GGG hurt him early and as a result knew it was a matter of time before he would stop him. Brook had an injury in the fight caused by GGG and he was quite rightly making distress signals throughout the fight after his eye socket was dented.

Unless you are now ross, I do not have to take the punches and be in the ring to know that they were not having an affect on GGG. I can see that they were not and GGG said himself that Brook should stay at welterweight.

Easy fight and if GGG could keep fighting these welterweights and making big money he would.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the entire discussion I've never once judged Brook as a middleweight, only his performance against Golovkin in relation to Geale, Rubio, Wade, Monroe and Murray. He didn't fight Golovkin weighing 147, he weighed 160. His weight is IRRELEVANT to my argument. However, as he weighed 160 he was a verified middleweight for that particular contest. The past, present and future are utterly irrelevant, only what happened on the night. I don't care about "what ifs" only "what happened."

Repeat - I have only judged Brook's performance in relation to Geale, Rubio, Wade, Monroe and Murray (The 5 fighters @Master chose).

The "official" scores are integral to the argument. To have success in a boxing match you need to land blows, to win rounds you need to be more impressive than your opponent in any particular three minutes.

So even if you claim "the punches didn't hurt," or "GGG let Brook punch him" they still REGISTERED far more successfully than Geale, Rubio, Wade, Monroe and Murray's did - hence Brook WON ROUNDS.

No holes. No digging. It's called SOUND REASONING. Whether you think it or not (thankfully most forum members are not having problems understanding the point) it has more substance than "Brook did better because Golovkin let him." "Brook didn't deserve the fight," "Brook only fought cos Eubank didn't," "Geale wasn't at his best," etc. All of which are moot points regarding this discussion.
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-19-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my p4p list would be

1 canelo alvarez
    2 andre ward
    3 wladimir klitschko
    4 tony bellew
    5 adonis stevenson

I know it's just silly. I have the Loch Ness Monster at number 4 above Bellew.

Thread Information