Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shawn Porter vs. Andre Berto

Shawn Porter vs. Andre Berto is on April 22, 2017 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.

It has on the under card, showtime will be showing it @Spicoli @Alpha

Jermell Charlo vs. Charles Hatley

Amanda Serrano vs. Dahiana Santana
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shawn Porter vs. Andre Berto

Decent card. Porter and Charlo should record routine wins I think.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea not a terrible card. Both seem like straightforward fights to call but should have their moments. If Berto has still clung to a somewhat improved form from that bad stretch, he should at least hit Porter with what always was a nasty uppercut, and the way Porter bullrushes in, who knows. Hatley looked pretty good and an awkward switch hitter who can dig against Mundine, I don't know much else about him really. Odd that he hasn't fought since then, that definitely can't help him. Still, weekend with no other big fights on, I'll take it.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Yea not a terrible card. Both seem like straightforward fights to call but should have their moments. If Berto has still clung to a somewhat improved form from that bad stretch, he should at least hit Porter with what always was a nasty uppercut, and the way Porter bullrushes in, who knows. Hatley looked pretty good and an awkward switch hitter who can dig against Mundine, I don't know much else about him really. Odd that he hasn't fought since then, that definitely can't help him. Still, weekend with no other big fights on, I'll take it.
    Yeah I read he had come of (knee) surgery 2 months prior to his 1st loss. He said he should have never fought as the Dr told him to stay off for a year. Who knows how much weight that really holds? He did look alright against Mundine and has an extended amateur background. I think he has been sitting on his mandatory hence the layoff. Also heard he had signed with King, King got him the title shot and now he is suing King. That's an odd one.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The purses for this fight are insane. Berto is making 1.2 million while Porter is making 1 million. First off, how is berto making more than Porter? Second, how is berto making so much? He was never that good and has been past his best for some years now. He deserves maybe 100k. Why would HBO pay him that much?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    The purses for this fight are insane. Berto is making 1.2 million while Porter is making 1 million. First off, how is berto making more than Porter? Second, how is berto making so much? He was never that good and has been past his best for some years now. He deserves maybe 100k. Why would HBO pay him that much?
    That is crazy. I've said before that Berto must have some dirt on some of the higher ups.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely the only card going imo. Killing me knowing Valdez and Ramirez are both in decent scraps but at mockery cost of $50 ppv. Arum might as well be shooting both of them in the lead foot and putting them on milk cartons. Have to slap PBC on the arse here compared to their other fodder and missing dates lately. Porter and Berto match up very nicely as both lead with the shoulders, chin and heart. Berto quicker and may Judah style Porter early but Porter is the fresher with more natural physicality and his short boxing, jab, gets overlooked. Charlo and Hatley top notch but expect the skill gap to widen as it goes in Charlos favor.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty easy fight for Porter imo.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Definitely the only card going imo. Killing me knowing Valdez and Ramirez are both in decent scraps but at mockery cost of $50 ppv. Arum might as well be shooting both of them in the lead foot and putting them on milk cartons. Have to slap PBC on the arse here compared to their other fodder and missing dates lately. Porter and Berto match up very nicely as both lead with the shoulders, chin and heart. Berto quicker and may Judah style Porter early but Porter is the fresher with more natural physicality and his short boxing, jab, gets overlooked. Charlo and Hatley top notch but expect the skill gap to widen as it goes in Charlos favor.
    I don't get why the Valdez card is PPV either. Some good fighters on it but I would absolutely never pay for it.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    That is crazy. I've said before that Berto must have some dirt on some of the higher ups.
    At least he is fighting after his Floyd fight most fighters disappear after losing to Floyd collecting the cash

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like who? I can't think of one fighter that retired after losing to Floyd in many years, save for Maidana. I'm worried the syphilis is nearing late stages @walrus , take the antibiotics ffs.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watch it p4pking otherwise walrus will unfriend you.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like who? I can't think of one fighter that retired after losing to Floyd in many years, save for Maidana. I'm worried the syphilis is nearing late stages @walrus , take the antibiotics ffs.
    Dude remember how long Garcia disappeared. A few others but I can't remember names right now because you pissed me off. @p4pking now that I have pledged not to be mean to master you may become my new punching bag

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Dude remember how long Garcia disappeared. A few others but I can't remember names right now because you pissed me off. @p4pking now that I have pledged not to be mean to master you may become my new punching bag
    Garcia? Floyd has never fought any Garcia, take your meds boy. If you mean Guerrero he was out about a year, as lots of fighters are at that stage in the game, he's still had a few big fights since then. Unless your old punching bag is one you mount a huge dildo on the side of and bend over for, I find that last bit somewhat unlikely.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This rbr between you two is better than what I am watching currently.

Thread Information