530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Ad hominem attacks. Pathetic.

He has certainly regressed into the worst kind of troll.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi Miles . Thanks for the dislike. Never thought you cared so much.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alpha you can't even agree on what the 'Official Narrative' is. Your are misquoting something from the 1800's that does not even refer to the earths curvature.

Alpha doesn't give a shit about actual flights into space, real math and science dealing with scale, differences between night and day and how a rotating spherical shape is the only way to explain it, hundreds of thousands of flights around the world by countless people, etc. When it's brought up to him, he ignores it.

Alpha looks at water in a glass, sees it's flat, and figures the Earth is flat. Oh.... and calls it "science." You bring up real science... he keeps babbling about the damn glass.

Not content with denying real science, he denies every important historical event of significance.

To anyone who disagrees, he lobs insults, because that's what trolls do.

Pity the poor children who almost have to put up with that shit.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha ! Genius Miles you then disliked my post about your dislike.

So Miles, less of this and more of this eh?

I posted a Thom Yorke / Radiohead thing on the music thread specifically for you the other day and then you crawled back and disliked the tune below it

Anyway hello
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Alpha's not a troll, he comes here because he's a boxing fan, he just happens to have some quirky opinions about non-boxing stuff. He responded to being laughed at by laughing at what he perceives as blind ignorance.

It's clearly just as frustrating for him as it is you.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Alpha's not a troll, he comes here because he's a boxing fan, he just happens to have some quirky opinions about non-boxing stuff. He responded to being laughed at by laughing at what he perceives as blind ignorance.

It's clearly just as frustrating for him as it is you.
    Come on man ..' quirky opinions ' ?

I love his boxing posts and am more than happy for anyone to have even the most diametrically opposite opinion but when you then refuse to debate that opinion and resort to calling people schills, muppets, saying their life must be a mess they are chumps etc and then bring up Gandalfs racist Bell curve IQ nonsense you can't really pretend you are wanting to share an opinion or engage in a debate anymore. When you then complain about people actually having the temerity to disagree with really offensive bullshit like the Jews gassed themselves and lets all feel sorryfor the SS, you may not be a troll but you are hardly just a regular Saddo poster sharing an opinion. You are poking people with a stick and then moaning when they tell you it is not a good look.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/9/1...ony-flat-earth

This article seeks to explain the apparent, recent surge in flat Earth theorists. I found the following excerpts interesting:

"Also, the feeling of reading about a conspiracy theory is kind of like the sensation of watching Mr. Robot, says Mark Fenster, an expert in government transparency at the University of Florida law school and author of Conspiracy Theories: Secrets and Power in American Culture. That show, and the thrillers and mystery novels that preceded it, play with the idea that “you have a certain set of understandings and beliefs that you are taught and that you believe are true, but in fact, if you actually look closely at them and understand the truth of the matter, those beliefs are proven to be false. That is — in a fictional universe — extremely enticing and extremely exciting. It can be a source of fun.”
    As for people who actually believe in flat Earth theory, Fenster says, you can’t really change their minds with photographic evidence or mathematical proof of a round Earth. To believe in a theory like this one, you have to go way, way past the normal threshold for questioning expertise and “hierarchies of intellectual knowledge.” It’s fun for us to have our perceptions pulled apart in fictional thrillers and mysteries, but we consider a narrative satisfying only when it also offers a way to put things back together. People who believe in flat Earth have already decided that the world around them can’t possibly be what it seems, and so a conspiracy theory becomes “a nice way of efficiently explaining what would otherwise be a confounding world,” Fenster says.

The flat Earth theory is spreading online, and it’s hard to tell where the joke begins or ends."

Admittedly, it IS difficult to tell where the joke begins or ends. When encountering a flat Earth theorist, it's normal to initially think it's a joke. If someone tells you 9/11 was faked, or that the Holocaust didn't happen, you tend to take him/her more seriously, because they're questioning historical events. You may not agree and get into arguments, but it's easier to take them seriously. But a flat Earther is tougher to initially take seriously. The normal reaction is "You're joking.... right?" Once you've established the person is serious, that's when the arguing begins. But the initial reaction might involve ridicule, which is what angers flat Earthers. Alpha tried to be equanimous in the beginning of this flat Earth argument, but has quickly regressed into hurling insults.

Here's another interesting excerpt from the article:

"Schimkowitz understands that flat Earth trutherism isn’t as immediately dangerous as climate change denialism or the anti-vaccine backlash, but that doesn’t mean it’s totally harmless. “I think it is important to maintain a level of concern about [conspiracy theorists],” he says. “They do things that harm society as a whole, like negate or dilute scientific reason. That’s something that’s having profound impact on everyone. Looking at climate change denialism, that comes from just doubting the idea of expertise as a whole. Conspiracy theorists attack expertise.”

Though Schimkowitz is speaking only to his experience with conspiracy theories on 4chan and Reddit, sociologist Ted Goertzel, who specializes in researching scientific conspiracy theories at Rutgers, told me almost the exact same thing. The basic goal of a conspiracy theorist, he says, isn’t usually to prove that one specific theory is true or false, but “to prove that nothing is provable, that all assertions are arbitrary.” He, too, sees an obvious case study in the recent election cycle, arguing that this is the type of thinking that leads people to believe that absolutely everything is “arbitrary and manipulative,” and that anything they don’t agree with is “fake news.”"

So to the argument that flat Earthers are generally harmless, there is the counter argument that they aren't totally harmless. They're compared to climate change deniers, and are correctly called out as "attacking expertise." Expertise which is, as opposed to many theorists themselves, achieved through long years of scientific studies and experimentation.

I still think it's a psychological malfunction.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and in case you did not notice. I started this thread because he refused to and very early in it expressed dismay that he had apparently been threatened.

And Alphs's avatar ?

I am sure it is just a coincidence ...Not

but it is the flag of the National Fascist party under Mussolini

So he knows exactly what he is doing and all the talk of being rare as Unicorns is bullshit.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit off topic but his whole thing has me thinking about boxing itself. Think about it..who among us can actually touch the sport prior to the 60's or 50's? Everything is edited film footage, newspaper articles in random press from generation to generation, record books and historians. We once actually praised and valued learning 'history'. Harry Greb..was he even a real boxer . Raise your hand if you've actually seen fight footage? Any snippet of fight footage . Yet he's a great. And who trusts the old fight films prior to our first hand experiences. This is why so many act like boxing started on their day of birth maybe .

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is a good point you raise Spicoli, but I am talking science in here at the moment.

Tito continues to say science this and science that, so I'll just post this once again so we are all in agreement:

This can also serve as a response to Smash, I'm guessing that you didn't watch the vid I posted regarding the debunking of that Hawkins PBS how? The one where they are trying to treat people as stupid. Anything he did in regards to the natural sciences, where the experiments or phenomena can be observed and completed in the natural world, I'm cool with. Outside of that it just pseudoscience, assumptions, assertions, formulas and equations. And as pointed out above, formal science is only a tool, it's not empirical science.

I find it hilarious how triggered these other 2 clowns got after I threw some of the insults back their way. Remember, I tried to remain civil, while continually receiving insults. So suck it up cupcakes. The Zionist shill complains about not debating, sorry Beanz, I was happy to have a discussion at first, you started with the insults, so that's where the discussion ended for me. And Tito refers to me as a troll after his constant insults, this imbecile is deluded.

Now Beanz you say the 8 inches per mile squared measurement is wrong, I agree, because the earth doesn't curve. But what you posted is a misrepresentation of what I said. I said that is the official narrative for the curvature, from any point on a sphere. So from any point it has to curve away, geometry dictates this. So tell me, how much does the earth curve in inches over a 1 mile distance?

And why is the guy in your image looking down? Shouldn't he be looking straight ahead, you know out towards the horizon.

I also note that you failed to reply to my question about the surface of the water in your previous link. Are you claiming the surface of that water not to be flat (level)?

Also to my avatar image, it's called a Fasces, and I am interested in the symbol because it seems to appear all over the place throughout history, right back to antiquity. Again you are making incorrect assumptions, proving yourself a complete buffoon:

So buckle up snowflakes because the fun is just beginning. And again, I'm still waiting on something quantifiable for this fantasy globe earth you have been sold.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://theconversation.com/how-to-re...p-though-95160

"How to reason with flat earthers (it may not help though)"

Good read. One of the underlying points being that #1 you shouldn't attempt to convince a Flat Earther.

But what I get from the article is that when push comes to shove, the onus is on the Flat Earthers to PROVE the Earth is flat. Not with cockamamie, wannabe "science" experiments.

Doesn't matter how many times our resident Bozo Alpha cuts and pastes the same science definitions from Wikipedia.

Presenting faulty "proofs" and rejecting the millions of existing actual "proofs" and testimony of others..... WHO HAVE ACTUALLY FLOWN INTO SPACE.... doesn't cut it as far as proving the Earth is flat.

In any argument with a Flat Earther, they will demand that YOU prove to them the Earth isn't flat.

But the burden of proof is still on Flat Earthers like our resident clown Alpha, regardless of how offensive he now chooses to be.

Again..... pity the children who have no say-so in what their father is shoving down their throats.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Find one insult Alpha? Find one example of an ad hominem attack. You have a habit of just saying stuff and then assuming everyone but you is dumb. I don't make that mistake, i have no idea who is on the other side of a keyboard but the likelihood of a holocaust denier having a Fascist symbol as their avatar and then claiming it to be a coincidence are pretty slim odds.

You can't debate. You bring up stuff it gets roundly debunked and then you move the goal posts. You are seemingly incapable of accepting the fact that anyone could have any kind of expertise or more knowledge on any subject but you. And yet here you are quoting the encyclopedia Britannica from the 1800s and pretending that is why people believe the earth is not flat. You can't even face the evidence in the face. People are extending their hands to help you climb out of your pit of self defeating ignorance and you are telling them to fuck off as you dig deeper down

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How the HELL did you photoshop that postage stamp, Beanz??

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://theconversation.com/how-to-re...p-though-95160

"How to reason with flat earthers (it may not help though)"

Good read. One of the underlying points being that #1 you shouldn't attempt to convince a Flat Earther.

But what I get from the article is that when push comes to shove, the onus is on the Flat Earthers to PROVE the Earth is flat. Not with cockamamie, wannabe "science" experiments.

Doesn't matter how many times our resident Bozo Alpha cuts and pastes the same science definitions from Wikipedia.

Presenting faulty "proofs" and rejecting the millions of existing actual "proofs" and testimony of others..... WHO HAVE ACTUALLY FLOWN INTO SPACE.... doesn't cut it as far as proving the Earth is flat.

In any argument with a Flat Earther, they will demand that YOU prove to them the Earth isn't flat.

But the burden of proof is still on Flat Earthers like our resident clown Alpha, regardless of how offensive he now chooses to be.

Again..... pity the children who have no say-so in what their father is shoving down their throats.
    So give me 1 piece of scientific proof that you think proves the globe.

I'm not the one claiming the earth is a globe. I am disputing that fact based on real science. So the claims of a globe need to be proved with actual real science, otherwise they are not real, just assumptions, assertions, formulas and equations.

The fact that you keep mentioning space shows that you haven't any idea of what you are talking about. Watch the last vid I posted, it will explain the lie you have been sold. And if you disagree, then all you need to do is prove a practical experiment that shows how you can have a higher pressure, beside a lower pressure, without the higher pressure moving into the lower one without a barrier of some sort. So be easy, so prove it.

You are making assumptions here Tito, I explain to my kids what I know to be true based on real natural science, it's up to them to research further and decide for themselves. I don't force anything on them. I'm not sure if you have kids, but I'm sure you would force your beliefs in god on them as if it is a proven fact. See the difference? I know the difference between a belief and a proven fact.

Find one insult Alpha? Find one example of an ad hominem attack. You have a habit of just saying stuff and then assuming everyone but you is dumb. I don't make that mistake, i have no idea who is on the other side of a keyboard but the likelihood of a holocaust denier having a Fascist symbol as their avatar and then claiming it to be a coincidence are pretty slim odds.

You can't debate. You bring up stuff it gets roundly debunked and then you move the goal posts. You are seemingly incapable of accepting the fact that anyone could have any kind of expertise or more knowledge on any subject but you. And yet here you are quoting the encyclopedia Britannica from the 1800s and pretending that is why people believe the earth is not flat. You can't even face the evidence in the face. People are extending their hands to help you climb out of your pit of self defeating ignorance and you are telling them to fuck off as you dig deeper down

I am saying we have been deceived, with programming and indoctrination.

I've told you why I have that avatar, it goes back well before any of the crap you are referring to. But believe want you want.

You haven't debunked a thing yet.

Are you claiming thee water in the image of your link is not flat (level)?

How much is the earth curving in inches per mile? It has to be curving genius, if it's a sphere. I didn't say that's why people know the earth is flat. They know it's flat because of the tangible, quantifiable substances in this reality.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the fact that anyone could have any kind of expertise or more knowledge on any subject but you", every globe denier knows the heliocentric model and it's claims inside out, we have to. That doesn't mean others have not researched it as well. But if they have they will see through all the holes, and the facts that it is not based on actual science.

Still nothing quantifiable?
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information