Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Groves is in a win/win situation here. The kid deserves major props for taking such a big step up at this stage in his career. Such challenges are rare these days to say the least. If he loses it wont hurt his future at all. He gets a nice payday and the loss will be credited to lack of experience. And lets face it he's expected to lose. Froch is the guy with all the pressure here and by the sounds of things he's unraveling a bit. That bodes well for Groves
    ^^^^
    This

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think Adam Booth is gonna pop up around the weigh in and be in Groves corner.
    I also think Froch is so wound up he's gonna lose focus and look for an early ko and lose this on points.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch - Groves to meet on Sky Ringside special

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Groves is in a win/win situation here. The kid deserves major props for taking such a big step up at this stage in his career. Such challenges are rare these days to say the least. If he loses it wont hurt his future at all. He gets a nice payday and the loss will be credited to lack of experience. And lets face it he's expected to lose. Froch is the guy with all the pressure here and by the sounds of things he's unraveling a bit. That bodes well for Groves
    ^^^^
    This
    Shameful trying to steal someone elses thoughts @Greenbeanz. I bet you thought you and @IamInuit were 2 beans in a pod.

I'll get my coat.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I still think Adam Booth is gonna pop up around the weigh in and be in Groves corner.
    I also think Froch is so wound up he's gonna lose focus and look for an early ko and lose this on points.
    Agree with the 'Booth' part, but can't see George winning!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Agree with the 'Booth' part, but can't see George winning!

I think he can outbox Froch but if he stands toe to toe Froch wins by KO.
    This might just come down to who can keep their head. ;-)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People close to the Booth camp and the boxing media keep denying the split is a stunt.

The best thing about that show was seeing Herbie Hide attack Danny Williams at a press conference even though he wasn't fighting him. That's how proper mentals react to a bit of trash talk.

"Are you gonna cry Froch" was as cringeworthy as Carl's facial expressions.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch got owned but talk is cheap.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Honestly, Froch didn't know how to deal with Groves on Ringside there. I think Groves has won this. Froch has taken this too personally, and I can see him boxing the wrong fight just because he's so pissed off and intent on knocking him out. I feel quite certain @Tam Seddon will be changing his sig.

Groves was just trying to get a reaction out of Froch that Froch wasn't willing to give him. He doesn't need to because as soon as they are in the ring Groves won't be able to talk he will just be getting plain knocked out. I really don't like him at all and I don't even see this being close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like the way Groves has conducted himself but I do believe he's doing a good psyche job and he's selling the fight. Carl is old school and I hope he wins because he's been such an amazing pro. I think a lot of people will think Carl being wound up will help George. It may have the opposite effect, look what happened to Bute when Carl started fast.. if he does.
    These are all ifs, whys and I don't mind if I don'ts.. I honestly don't know what to expect from Groves and that's what makes this an interesting fight.. I thought he did well to beat Degale and I was cheering him on in that fight as Degale was such an plonker at the time .. but he looked far from comfortable and maybe he is just following that blueprint as that's his best win to date.
    Bring it on.
    The tension on ringside was genuine.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch was just bizarre in that interview. Maybe it was all show and performance, but he seemed to be going through some kind of mental collapse. It was really weird. Groves, the cocky little undefeated simpleton, and there is Froch, the man who fights everyone, biting on his lip, in an effort to hold himself in. Either that was pantomime or else Froch knows he is getting old and can't bottle it up, or else he is genuinely angry.

All very odd.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Certainly was genuine tension there, its cool that this has split opinion right down the middle too.
    I've been following Froch since way way back and remember getting stick on here when only myself and Tam Seddon used to bang on about him being a future World Champ.
    I have untold respect for Carl and love his fights and his fearless attitude but I get this feeling that Groves has wound him up to a point where he's gonna be wreckless and play right into Groves hands.
    I can also see Groves foolishly having a tear up and getting sparked cold.
    Its a pick em for me this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Froch was just bizarre in that interview. Maybe it was all show and performance, but he seemed to be going through some kind of mental collapse. It was really weird. Groves, the cocky little undefeated simpleton, and there is Froch, the man who fights everyone, biting on his lip, in an effort to hold himself in. Either that was pantomime or else Froch knows he is getting old and can't bottle it up, or else he is genuinely angry.

All very odd.
    I think he's genuinely pissed off.. we'll see fight night if it effects the result. Either way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone got the ringside video from start to finish?
    My sky dish went down in the heavy winds lately so I wasn't able to
    Watch it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is one of those thick cunts that think they're smart when they're clearly not. But not even he's thick enough to all of a sudden mentally unravel after spending the last few years fighting every fucker and his dog in their backyard.

They are selling PPV.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Certainly was genuine tension there, its cool that this has split opinion right down the middle too.
    I've been following Froch since way way back and remember getting stick on here when only myself and Tam Seddon used to bang on about him being a future World Champ.
    I have untold respect for Carl and love his fights and his fearless attitude but I get this feeling that Groves has wound him up to a point where he's gonna be wreckless and play right into Groves hands.
    I can also see Groves foolishly having a tear up and getting sparked cold.
    Its a pick em for me this one.
    Yup.. good analysis.. I'm gonna pick Carl 'cos my brain says he's different class and a true old school warrior. I'm worried for him in this fight tho' ..

Thread Information