Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    Posts
    2,999
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    482
    Cool Clicks

    Default How relevant now is Amir Khan?



    The name I couldn't remember was Julio Diaz

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,948
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    414
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    Sorry, who are we talking about?










    That's how relevant the useless cunt is.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,970
    Mentioned
    1430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2678
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    Khan is still relevant even if it is the tail end of his career.

    Prescott template to beat Khan is the weak chin and any puncher can do it to him including Brook.

    I think Khan can beat Garcia because he is a better boxer with his new trainer Virgil.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,449
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    He knows more than given credit for does our Frankie.
    vendettos.jpg

    This pic was taken during an online post on Sauchiehall Street Glasgow.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,637
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    359
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    He's still a decent fighter that is turning into a gate keeper slowly. I don't think he's relevant at the top of the sport, but I think he's still a named fighter that can make interesting fights.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    Posts
    2,999
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    482
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    He's still a decent fighter that is turning into a gate keeper slowly. I don't think he's relevant at the top of the sport, but I think he's still a named fighter that can make interesting fights.
    I agree his fights are now at a stage were they are predictable.

    We know who he'll beat and we know who he won't.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,501
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    418
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    A very harsh thread on Khan. Looking at 147 Id give him a decent chance of beating all of them. Below are fight news rankings with the chance I give Khan of winning

    1. Keith Thurman 40%
    2. Kell Brook 33%
    3. Danny Garcia 60%
    4. Timothy Bradley 50%
    5. Jessie Vargas 70%
    6. Shawn Porter 40%
    7. Errol Spence 25%

    Considering most of the time these guys fight they are the 90% fav or bigger Id say Khan is very relevant

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    224
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    Insanely talented, couldn't take a punch. He was boxing's answer to the girl with the perfect body and a dog face.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,561
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1021
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    A very harsh thread on Khan. Looking at 147 Id give him a decent chance of beating all of them. Below are fight news rankings with the chance I give Khan of winning

    1. Keith Thurman 40%
    2. Kell Brook 33%
    3. Danny Garcia 60%
    4. Timothy Bradley 50%
    5. Jessie Vargas 70%
    6. Shawn Porter 40%
    7. Errol Spence 25%

    Considering most of the time these guys fight they are the 90% fav or bigger Id say Khan is very relevant
    Well can't argue with those hard numbers can we A 60% chance to beat a guy who starched him in 3-4 rounds? Do you think it's for no reason the guy has never rematched anyone who beat him, or had him badly hurt? Only ones I'd agree with are probably Vargas and Bradley, as those guys aren't extremely likely to hurt him, although even they have enough pop to do it. He has literally a 2% chance of beating Spence as far as I'm concerned, and everyone else on the list would have so much to draw from knowing they only need to get to him at any cost. This is even assuming he hasn't become all the more beatable after the bad KO to Canelo and inactivity.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,184
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    He's wasted all his time moaning that he belongs with the top tier of the sport and settled on a big check that anyone who's half way honest knew would see him ironed out. Last 'big' win was Alexander who then lost to a journeyman and Porter prior. You're either in the mix or content to watch from the bench.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Windsor
    Posts
    844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    852
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    There are probably more people watching this thread than those who would attend or PPV his next fight.

    I thought he was doing a TV show? Keeping up with the Khanishans?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,270
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    372
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    A very harsh thread on Khan. Looking at 147 Id give him a decent chance of beating all of them. Below are fight news rankings with the chance I give Khan of winning

    1. Keith Thurman 40%
    2. Kell Brook 33%
    3. Danny Garcia 60%
    4. Timothy Bradley 50%
    5. Jessie Vargas 70%
    6. Shawn Porter 40%
    7. Errol Spence 25%

    Considering most of the time these guys fight they are the 90% fav or bigger Id say Khan is very relevant
    Well can't argue with those hard numbers can we A 60% chance to beat a guy who starched him in 3-4 rounds? Do you think it's for no reason the guy has never rematched anyone who beat him, or had him badly hurt? Only ones I'd agree with are probably Vargas and Bradley, as those guys aren't extremely likely to hurt him, although even they have enough pop to do it. He has literally a 2% chance of beating Spence as far as I'm concerned, and everyone else on the list would have so much to draw from knowing they only need to get to him at any cost. This is even assuming he hasn't become all the more beatable after the bad KO to Canelo and inactivity.
    2% might even be high. 12 rounds of avoiding Spence. He would have to have suddenly learned defense and suddenly learned not to dive in. I laugh all the time at people that say he would beat Garcia. Garcia nearly knocked him out about 10 times before he hurt him in what, round 3? The very first hook about 10 seconds in missed by like an inch. Not sure how many times Khan needs to dive into a punch before people get what Khan is. He's this eras Zab Judah "if he just", no, he is what he is.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland.
    Posts
    2,999
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    482
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    A very harsh thread on Khan. Looking at 147 Id give him a decent chance of beating all of them. Below are fight news rankings with the chance I give Khan of winning

    1. Keith Thurman 40%
    2. Kell Brook 33%
    3. Danny Garcia 60%
    4. Timothy Bradley 50%
    5. Jessie Vargas 70%
    6. Shawn Porter 40%
    7. Errol Spence 25%

    Considering most of the time these guys fight they are the 90% fav or bigger Id say Khan is very relevant
    @Silkeyjoe

    Utter nonsense

    So you give him 60% chance of beating Garcia who iced him so obviously 60% isn't enough for Khan.

    On that logic you're basically saying he'd lose to the rest as you give them more chance to beat him than Garcia who again, iced him.

    So realistically you're saying Vargas is the only person he would beat and that's fair because Vargas is the worst of the list you posted.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    159
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    Amir Khan is Still relevant he's going to fight with kell brook this year

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,263
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How relevant now is Amir Khan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kevin View Post
    Amir Khan is Still relevant he's going to fight with kell brook this year
    theres your answer right there

    boom!
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 01:40 PM
  2. Is Rocky Marciano relevant today...
    By John Cameron in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-23-2012, 07:29 PM
  3. Amir Khan
    By sun69uk in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 07:27 PM
  4. So what do you think of Amir Khan now then....?
    By smashup in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 09:06 PM
  5. amir khan
    By dennis in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 10:31 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing