Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Teddy Atlas

The guy is smart and he makes sense, most if the time and I mean logically not linguistically, we all know that's not the case,,,,, however,,,,,, his antics are unnecessary. We know teddy, the judges are clowns for the most part, there's nothing anyone can do about it. Maybe that's why he's never ??arrived on hbo or showtime.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Teddy Atlas

Quote Originally Posted by DannyV297 View Post
    The guy is smart and he makes sense, most if the time and I mean logically not linguistically, we all know that's not the case,,,,, however,,,,,, his antics are unnecessary. We know teddy, the judges are clowns for the most part, there's nothing anyone can do about it. Maybe that's why he's never ??arrived on hbo or showtime.

Reading your opening statement it's a wonder that you aren't on HBO or Showtime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm just saying, you can't act like a maniac and have those networks even think about putting you ringside.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was dead on about the Provodnikov fight that's for sure.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    He was dead on about the Provodnikov fight that's for sure.
    I thought so too. I was surprised when they read that score

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its not terrible to have a passionate manic railing against corruption. I mean shit, Gus Johnson and Mauro ranallo made it to hbo and Showtime Any pundit who bashes his own network on a live telecast and refuses to drink the kool aid gets a salute and a free bottle of aspirin for the A.M in my book. At least Teddy knows the sport

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Atlas is a passionate guy for sure, absolutely no question about that. It's obvious to me he wants to move to the big time, but not enough to curb his mouth.
    He knows boxing, it might take him an extra 500 words to get his point across but he makes sense if you don't tune him out, prematurely.
    His analogies, scenarios, metaphors or whatever you want to call them are hard to take sometimes but I just think of all the people he is pissing off and laugh my ass off, most of the time.
    Last night, he out did himself when he was talking about Algieri fighting with only one eye. Teddy wanted to say cyclops but said eyeclops instead. He corrected himself right away.
    My friend was foaming at the mouth and calling Teddy a dumdass but I was laughing my ass off and loving Teddy for being Teddy.
    It doesn't matter what you think about Atlas, he loves boxing and can't or won't stop pointing or yelling about boxing's faults as he sees them.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Atlas is a passionate guy for sure, absolutely no question about that. It's obvious to me he wants to move to the big time, but not enough to curb his mouth.
    He knows boxing, it might take him an extra 500 words to get his point across but he makes sense if you don't tune him out, prematurely.
    His analogies, scenarios, metaphors or whatever you want to call them are hard to take sometimes but I just think of all the people he is pissing off and laugh my ass off, most of the time.
    Last night, he out did himself when he was talking about Algieri fighting with only one eye. Teddy wanted to say cyclops but said eyeclops instead. He corrected himself right away.
    My friend was foaming at the mouth and calling Teddy a dumdass but I was laughing my ass off and loving Teddy for being Teddy.
    It doesn't matter what you think about Atlas, he loves boxing and can't or won't stop pointing or yelling about boxing's faults as he sees them.
    Eyeclops I missed that card except a quick flip through and Teddy talking about surviving vs boxing and that some off air fight was a judging travesty. Teddy is the crazy uncle and we all have one, or in some cases are one ourselves

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teddy is great for boxing as he won't sugar coat anything. If the big labels want commentators who nod and say things in unison then let them have it, but I find HBO in particular to be an ear sore all too often with in house cronyism. Atlas, for better or worse, wears it on his sleeve and won't appease for the sake of it. I respect him a lot for that and even forgive him his predictions. The one that pisses me off these days is Lampley who seems to think he is the man these days rather than just the exciting sounding one that holds together the other 'experts'. Now, he's always bossing his opinion, but it's usually gibberish.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he's a nut job, he likes putting a gun to peoples heads in my eye's, that's someone
    not playing with a full deck.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe so, but does he offer insight as a commentator and does he provide interest? I think he has that in abundance and he has training history too. Many have done silly things in the past and especially when young, but he is older and does a good job IMO.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Maybe so, but does he offer insight as a commentator and does he provide interest? I think he has that in abundance and he has training history too. Many have done silly things in the past and especially when young, but he is older and does a good job IMO.
    Yes. The gun incident was 30 years ago and warranted against a deviant mean bastard named mike Tyson.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Yes. The gun incident was 30 years ago and warranted against a deviant mean bastard named mike Tyson.
    And Tyson himself has admitted that he was mental for many years. Yet Tyson is God and Atlas the devil for some! Wise up chumps, Atlas has been much better for boxing analysis. Tyson being clean is a relatively new product. Tyson gave nothing to boxing for decades, Atlas strode on with his analysis and ultimately it worked.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like atlas other than his analogies, with him youre at least getting the truth and not some network hogwash

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teddy's like the old veteran pitcher. His fastball isn't overpowering anymore, but he somehow manages to paint the corners with curveballs and sliders. Once in awhile he'll throw in a changeup to keep the opponent honest.

Or is it like the tide? He comes in... he goes out. But somehow he's always present. No, no, no... it's like the chess player. He'll cautiously parry his opponents defense until he figures out his moves. Then he'll suddenly strike at the weak spot, hoping to catch his opponent off guard.

Thread Information