Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Whose fault is it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So if AJ v Fury doesn’t happen, whose fault is it?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So if AJ v Fury doesn’t happen, whose fault is it?

I know there’s already a thread about the fight, but this is more about the bullshit, politics , call it what you like.
    There’s gonna be a few different opinions I reckon.
    I genuinely don’t have a firm belief one way or another to be honest, so I’m intrigued to hear what people think.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 05-19-2021 at 09:34 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So if AJ v Fury doesn’t happen, whose fault is it?

Fury for not paying Wilder the step a side money.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's an option missing - Boxing's
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad state of affairs if an alphabet sponsored judge calls it, and within days £20m is being talked about as step aside money. Firstly you would think that the promoters could pay enough to the right legal eagles to negotiate fight/rematch clauses, secondly with figures like £20M floating around for a mickey mouse alphabet like the WBO it makes you wonder how much the boys split it. I dare say that Wilder will be happy with this step aside, minus the judges bung, because he will never get another big money fight, because he couldn't box kippers!

Sorry to sit on the fence

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury. Apparently dominating and beating Wilder literally senseless just wasn't wide enough. Some of it is on us too being led to the trough with date, site and this court anchor all up in the air still. Knew Usyk was mandatory and there was talk of dropping it or not. And that Saudi money was blinding across the board. But leave it to boxing to lack the knack to move along and build to in-demand match ups. Truth is AJ has earned it back. Fury has earned it back. Wilder not so much but 'tell it the judge' . Either way Wilder wins the lottery with another guarantee.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Don King was running boxing or he was number 1 promoter this fight would be done.

Say what you want about him. He got the fights over the line. He didn't fk about. Look at his legacy. Look at his history. He made sure fighters fought in their prime.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just read several people on other social media insisting that this is somehow AJ's fault and is an example of him 'pulling a sly one to avoid fighting Fury'.

Beyond mental.

A bit like all the people who for years called Fury 'a useless pikey' now insisting he is the people's champion and claiming Joshua is a racist manufactured product.

Seriously cringe-worthy.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No option for Uncle Bob then? (:

In the last 48hrs he has said

"We're not paying Wilder to step aside," Arum told Mark Kriegel of ESPN. "It's better to get rid of him and go about our business. We can make the Fury-Joshua fight for November or December."

And also

Bob Arum calls the arbitrators ruling on Fury-Wilder a "preposterous decision." Says the plan is to move ahead with Fury-Joshua in August and try to sell Wilder on facing the winner in November/December.

This is after him claiming the AJ/Fury fight was 'a mirage' and the Hearn was trying to squeeze the last big money fight out of AJ before the matchroom/Sky contracts run out and really it was a way to squirm out of facing Usyk.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't mind if it is delayed.

I am supposed to be getting married on the 14th and could do without the expense and hassle of sorting out a projector and screen.

It should also be in the UK, but that is about as likely as me having my elbows on the ring apron.

For Fury one minute it has nothing to do with the money, then it's all about the money, then it has nothing to do with the money again.

When it does happen, don't forget the guy who struggled with Mcdermott is still wide open to the uppercut he hit himself with, one of the best shots in AJ's arsenal.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Seriously?? Would you pay someone 20 million step aside money when he'd hijacked you last minute. Fuck I would.

You'd like to think theyd drop the belts and fight to be called the best and kick the bodies in the bollocks. I know it won't happen but it should. The titles will soon be fragmented regardless anyway
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Seriously?? Would you pay someone 20 million step aside money when he'd hijacked you last minute. Fuck I would.

You'd like to think theyd drop the belts and fight to be called the best and kick the bodies in the bollocks. I know it won't happen but it should. The titles will soon be fragmented regardless anyway
    Becoming undisputed heavyweight champion rarely happens, especially now with the high number of alphabet bodies that exist. It is a once in a generation opportunity which needs to be grabbed and may never happen again for both fighters.

I blamed AJ himself for not agreeing to unify and become undisputed when he had a chance against Wilder which allowed Fury to come from the wilderness to get the shot. AJ paid a fortune to Charles Martin because he knew it would be worth it.

Fury should negotiate hard with Wilder but ultimately pay him off. I am sure Wilder wants no part of Fury anyway.

Once you become undisputed champion you can drop the titles anyway so whatever Wilder agrees to accept will be worth it.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...rtan-ntp-feeds
    Last edited by Master; 05-20-2021 at 11:41 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I don't mind if it is delayed.

I am supposed to be getting married on the 14th and could do without the expense and hassle of sorting out a projector and screen.

It should also be in the UK, but that is about as likely as me having my elbows on the ring apron.

For Fury one minute it has nothing to do with the money, then it's all about the money, then it has nothing to do with the money again.

When it does happen, don't forget the guy who struggled with Mcdermott is still wide open to the uppercut he hit himself with, one of the best shots in AJ's arsenal.
    congratulations

I got married the day before the fa cup final between united and arsenal, was a sticking point in the marriage negotiations, she ended up agreeing to the honeymoon starting the day after the game as long as I didn't go out and get hammered for the game
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Team Fury, for apparently thinking they didn’t have to honour a cast iron contract already in place to fight Wilder.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is to blame for opening his trap prematurely. Everyone knew the arbitration was casting a shadow over the fight but the party line is that Bob assured people that it wasn't an issue. At worst a financial reprimand.

We're all used to fights not materialising. People get upset for all sorts of reasons at the 11th hour. Ring too small/big, gloves not right, want more money, failed dope tests. That's also shit, but we begrudgingly accept it as part and parcel of this thing we love.

This fight was huge news. Huge not only because an undisputed heavyweight champion of the World is the holy grail. But because people have been having a shit time and something amazing to look forward to was a real shot in the arm. It was also an opportunity for boxing to show that it could get it's shit together and put the best versus the best in the flagship division and give the fans exactly what they want. It was everything.

If Fury keeps his gob shut. This shit show is still a shit show, but it's not half as bad.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    ​Team Fury, for apparently thinking they didn’t have to honour a cast iron contract already in place to fight Wilder.
    They've got form here. Same thing happened with the Wlad/Glazkov fights. They thought they could go ahead and fight Wlad. They were wrong and got tucked up by Glazkov/Duva. They won't learn.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information