Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default World Cup 2022

So who do you think will win the World Cup in Qatar?

With Italy knocked out yesterday it will not be them.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: World Cup 2022

the weather will be a major factor here - evening kick offs don't seem too bad but around 24-25 for daytime kick offs which won't suit us.

We're still missing that key midfielder. I'd fancy us for a run to at least the quarters again then anything can happen but as I get older I think I'm accepting that I may not see a win in my lifetime There's always 2 or 3 better teams each tournament that have the edge on us.

Still imagine being Italian and you're looking at now a minimum of 12 years between being at a world cup - some Italian players entire careers there.

France will be there or there abouts and the weather will suit the south americans more. Belgium will still have a decent team and never discount the Germans no matter how badly they may have played.

Master - thank you for the invaluable analysis of Italy's chances of winning
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The stadiums will be air conditioned so the weather will be fine.

I would rather win a tournament like Italy and fail to get into others because at least you have got something to celebrate.

This thread was for Primo, not you.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh in that case may I suggest you DM him in the future rather than making a public thread.

Will be interesting to see how effective this AC is in the stadiums.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    So who do you think will win the World Cup in Qatar?

With Italy knocked out yesterday it will not be them.

Didn't know this and had to look it up.

Suffice it to say I didn't expect for Italy to get knocked out by "powerhouse" North Macedonia.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember the disappointment in 94. Only time it's happened for us in my lifetime - well OK 74 and 78 but was too young to know.

How does it feel Primo? Not being a twat asking that by the way and rubbing it in. Genuine question

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I remember the disappointment in 94. Only time it's happened for us in my lifetime - well OK 74 and 78 but was too young to know.

How does it feel Primo? Not being a twat asking that by the way and rubbing it in. Genuine question
    In 1994 I blame Graham Taylor not using Ian Wright he was on fire. After the success of 86 and 90 world cup we should have at least qualified.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Answering your question mate, it feels shit. And I disagree with @Master about it being better winning something and then not qualifying .
    After probably never failing to qualify to failing twice on the trot is shameful.
    It almost nullifies winning the euros. They mean nothing now.
    I really couldn’t give 2 shits who wins it now. I might even protest and boycott the whole thing because of Qatar’s human rights record!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree re Qatar and the Saudi grand! prix etc. Shouldn't be happening there especially with all the grief others would be getting.

I also agree re disagreeing with master. I wouldn't want to win something and not qualify for a world Cup. Just being in the tournament and the build up is a great thing. Though ask me again in twenty years if England still haven't won anything and I might have a different answer.

To not qualify twice is unthinkable for a country like Italy.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Italy win tournaments, England have not won since 1966! Those men are legends who probably hate being rolled out each tournament to talk about their win.

Of course I would take a win than not qualifying for a tournament.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

European qualification is the easiest by far and they have the weakest teams.......but they also a lot of the best teams. But unlike in other continents. In Europe the best teams will be in groups with a lot weaker teams. Europe still gets 13 out of the 32 places. That's like what ? 45% ? And even though Italy didn't qualify through the group stage. they still had a second chance but couldn't get past the mighty Macedonia

Watch what Portigal do to Macedonia on Tues just to show Italy that they were knocked out to a very very very average team

To be honest I think the real tragedy is the fact one of currently the two strongest teams in Africa (Senegal and Egypt) are not gonna be there.

Meaning either Salah or Mane won't be at Qatar and given their ages this might be there last chance to be at another world cup (And though Salah played 2 out of the 3 games Egypt played in 2018. He wasn't at his best as Sergio Ramos bust up his shoulder in Champions league final and 4 or 5 weeks isnt really enough time for a dislocated shoulder to properly heal. But bcoz he's Egypt's main man they kinda rushed him in there.)

And Senegal and Egypt won their groups but then they had to go to another phase and play a two legged straight knockout match to go through

And when you consider all the best African players. Play for European teams.

I mean world champs France is really an African team. The only proper French men they have in the team are Hugo LLoris, Oliver Giroud and Benajamin Pavard. Mbappe's father is Cameroom and his mom is Algerian. Most of the other blk French players are from Guinea or Congo. The likes Pogba, Kante, Coman etc. Even white players like Grizeman is German and Benezema is Algerian.

Belgium and Lukaku is Congo. Germany's Leroy Sane is from Senegal. In England Saka is Nigeria. Delle Alli's dad is Nigerian. Probably loads more I left out. What a team Africa would have if they just said "Let's forget our tribal sh*t and borders. Let's be one country, one language, one currency and lets recruit all these Africam players who are kicking ass for European teams and bring em home"

They'd win every world cup from now till the end of time
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 03-28-2022 at 03:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dele Alli and Italy have one thing in common, they are not going to the world cup in 2022.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    European qualification is the easiest by far and they have the weakest teams.......but they also a lot of the best teams. But unlike in other continents. In Europe the best teams will be in groups with a lot weaker teams. Europe still gets 13 out of the 32 places. That's like what ? 45% ? And even though Italy didn't qualify through the group stage. they still had a second chance but couldn't get past the mighty Macedonia

Watch what Portigal do to Macedonia on Tues just to show Italy that they were knocked out to a very very very average team

To be honest I think the real tragedy is the fact one of currently the two strongest teams in Africa (Senegal and Egypt) are not gonna be there.

Meaning either Salah or Mane won't be at Qatar and given their ages this might be there last chance to be at another world cup (And though Salah played 2 out of the 3 games Egypt played in 2018. He wasn't at his best as Sergio Ramos bust up his shoulder in Champions league final and 4 or 5 weeks isnt really enough time for a dislocated shoulder to properly heal. But bcoz he's Egypt's main man they kinda rushed him in there.)

And Senegal and Egypt won their groups but then they had to go to another phase and play a two legged straight knockout match to go through

And when you consider all the best African players. Play for European teams.

I mean world champs France is really an African team. The only proper French men they have in the team are Hugo LLoris, Oliver Giroud and Benajamin Pavard. Mbappe's father is Cameroom and his mom is Algerian. Most of the other blk French players are from Guinea or Congo. The likes Pogba, Kante, Coman etc. Even white players like Grizeman is German and Benezema is Algerian.

Belgium and Lukaku is Congo. Germany's Leroy Sane is from Senegal. In England Saka is Nigeria. Delle Alli's dad is Nigerian. Probably loads more I left out. What a team Africa would have if they just said "Let's forget our tribal sh*t and borders. Let's be one country, one language, one currency and lets recruit all these Africam players who are kicking ass for European teams and bring em home"

They'd win every world cup from now till the end of time
    Wow! So much horseshit in one post, where do I start! When you talk about Boxing, you can tell that you’re really knowledgeable. Whereas when you write about Football, it’s clear you know Jack Shit.

Europe still gets 13 out of the 32 places. That's like what ? 45% ?” - yep, probably. But that probably equates to the amounts of national teams in Europe compared to other regions.
    And even though Italy didn't qualify through the group stage. they still had a second chance but couldn't get past the mighty Macedonia” - Yeah , they had a play off. The other continents have these as well.

Watch what Portigal do to Macedonia on Tues just to show Italy that they were knocked out to a very very very average team” uh, I think they know that. I don’t think anyone has tried to say any different. It is nothing short of a national disaster. That’s why it was a shock.
    To be honest I think the real tragedy is the fact one of currently the two strongest teams in Africa (Senegal and Egypt) are not gonna be there. “

Luck of the draw mate, surely they base seedlings on previous records . So if the get knocked out, they’ve only got themselves to blame.
    And when you consider all the best African players. Play for European teams.” yep. Funnily enough, all the European best players play in Europe AND all the best South American players as well. So what’s your point??

“ I mean world champs France is really an African team. The only proper French men they have in the team are Hugo LLoris, Oliver Giroud and Benajamin Pavard. Mbappe's father is Cameroom and his mom is Algerian. Most of the other blk French players are from Guinea or Congo. The likes Pogba, Kante, Coman etc

Now we’re getting to your point. Can’t miss an opportunity like this, can you ?

Even white players like Grizeman is German” yeah? And? Is Germany part of Africa now as well? 🤷*♂️

“ Belgium and Lukaku is Congo. Germany's Leroy Sane is from Senegal. In England Saka is Nigeria. Delle Alli's dad is Nigerian. Probably loads more I left out.

You probably have. But big deal. Messi, Maradona, Platini, Scifo, Passarella, Bertone, Di Stefano all had Italian ancestry and qualified for Italy. Probably loads more I left out.

“ What a team Africa would have if they just said [I]"Let's forget our tribal sh*t and borders. Let's be one country, one language, one currency and lets recruit all these Africam players who are kicking ass for European teams and bring em home"

Uhm, Africa isn’t a country, it’s a continent. So I’m sure we could say the same about South America or Europe if they were a country.

They'd win every world cup from now till the end of time “ uh, I don’t think so. No African nation has ever come close to winning a World Cup. They’re not the new kids on the block anymore.
    Back in the 80’s Pele said an African nation would win a World Cup by the year 2000. In 82 Cameroon drew with the Champions elect. In 90 , they beat the reigning World champions in the opening game of the tournament.
    In 2002, Senegal did the the same.
    20 years down the line, African football has gone backwards if anything.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey wait... not so fast.

All this talk puts the thought of a "Continental World Cup" in my head (even if only in a fantasy, make-believe type of way ).

How would the different continents fare in a playoff?

Antarctica and Australia are eliminated right off the bat. The former for obvious reasons... and the latter because it's not really fair is it. One country... one continent.

But the rest would make for an interesting tournament... no?

Central American countries would probably be grouped with North America, which would need all the help they could get.

So how would THAT play out? How would you seed them?

I think the top dog spot would be feverishly fought between South America and Europe.

Africa and North America would probably be the next tier, with Asia bringing up the rear.

What say you?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canada are through to this years world cup!

Thread Information