Default Re: End of year awards 2019

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

don't worry, puerto rico will have another decent fighter sooner or later, nowhere as great as canelo, but at least decent
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah. We don't have the Hollywood-WBC-Mafia-GBP connections to manufacture bring along a star of that magnitude.

Nor do we have the athletic commissions in our back pocket that hand out slaps on the wrist for PED-cheating scum.

Nor do we have the shady judge connections to constantly steal fights from opponents.

The list goes on but why belabor the point? It's like..................

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Nah. We don't have the Hollywood-WBC-Mafia-GBP connections to manufacture bring along a star of that magnitude.

Nor do we have the athletic commissions in our back pocket that hand out slaps on the wrist for PED-cheating scum.

Nor do we have the shady judge connections to constantly steal fights from opponents.

The list goes on but why belabor the point? It's like..................
    nah, you just don't have guys skilled enough or with enough heart to be a star of that magnitude yet

canelo just fights the fights. if you have a problem with the commisions, judges then take it up with them. canelo is just in there throwing and taking punches against some of the top names of this generations. all great have bad calls on their records. i am disappointed with the failed drug tests, but he served his time, others weren't even punished, and has continued his career
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah, we're fresh out of stars right now.... these things are cyclical you know

i can assure you though that when we do get one he won't be coddled, protected, fed bums for 40 fights, kept away from dangerous opponents, and have legions of blind fans who DKSAB.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i can assure you though that when we do get one he won't be coddled, protected, fed bums for 40 fights, kept away from dangerous opponents, and have legions of blind fans who DKSAB.
    that's why i said yet

remember canelo turned pro young so much of his early fights were development. he has fought a who's who in recent years. who would you be happy for him to fight next? say top three choices

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo and Chavez Jr were both manufactured, but Canelo just actually had talent.

Before now though, what other Mexican fighter has been so coddled?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Canelo and Chavez Jr were both manufactured, but Canelo just actually had talent.

was jacobs shot? did canelo ruin ggg after the first fight, canelo had to take a catchweight to fight floyd, was lara shot? what about trout? lots of coddling going on there, not

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one.

Well.... actually JCC Sr. did fight 40-some bums to kick off his career (a typical practice down yonder).

But after that he swept through a who's who list of fighters and actually EARNED his fame.

He did seem a bit obsessed with reaching 100 wins though..... and fought a few more tomato cans along the way. But it's hard to begrudge him that.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

was jacobs shot? did canelo ruin ggg after the first fight, canelo had to take a catchweight to fight floyd, was lara shot? what about trout? lots of coddling going on there, not
    I’ve already had this discussion with you. If you want my thoughts, go check our other discussion about it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that's why i said yet

remember canelo turned pro young so much of his early fights were development. he has fought a who's who in recent years. who would you be happy for him to fight next? say top three choices

I'll give you one in each division.

Beterbiev.

If Canelo wasn't the division-skipping pussy he is.... he'd go for Beterbiev. None of this "lame zebra picking off" nonsense if you want fans to take you seriously. If you gonna play that game, stay the hell away from 175.

Callum Smith.

Who does Canelo target at 168? Not the guy boxing fans want him to fight. Not the decent punching, big boy Callum Smith. But rather powder-puff punching Billy Joe Saunders. Meanwhile, someone like Smith just gets deafening silence.

Jermall Charlo.

Why doesn't Charlo's name ever come up? And please spare me this "oh Charlo has other commitments" B.S. Charlo is a heavy hitter who could easily derail the Canelo golden goose express.

Answer me this question... WHEN has Canelo ever ventured outside the friendly confines of Vegas/ Southern California (heavily Mexican)/ Texas (heavily Mexican) for a fight?? I'll end the suspense. ONCE.

Once in his whole bleeping career. When he went to New York to challenge the "dangerous" Rocky Fielding. Another deer in headlights with a trinket just waiting to be picked up.

I've respected many bonafide Mexican boxing stars in their day. Finito Lopez, MAB, even JCC Sr. But how Canelo's skipping and hopping through weight divisions, avoiding the dangerous opponents, is admired by anyone..... is anybody's guess.

But hey..... you've got the WBC churning out make-believe belts for him nearly on a daily basis.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve already had this discussion with you. If you want my thoughts, go check our other discussion about it.
    it was a reply to yourself and titofan, sorry for trying to spark some interest and discussion on a forum. keep dancing for me

that's why i said yet

I'll give you one in each division.

Beterbiev.

If Canelo wasn't the division-skipping pussy he is.... he'd go for Beterbiev. None of this "lame zebra picking off" nonsense if you want fans to take you seriously. If you gonna play that game, stay the hell away from 175.

Callum Smith.

Who does Canelo target at 168? Not the guy boxing fans want him to fight. Not the decent punching, big boy Callum Smith. But rather powder-puff punching Billy Joe Saunders. Meanwhile, someone like Smith just gets deafening silence.

Jermall Charlo.

Why doesn't Charlo's name ever come up? And please spare me this "oh Charlo has other commitments" B.S. Charlo is a heavy hitter who could easily derail the Canelo golden goose express.

Answer me this question... WHEN has Canelo ever ventured outside the friendly confines of Vegas/ Southern California (heavily Mexican)/ Texas (heavily Mexican) for a fight?? I'll end the suspense. ONCE.

Once in his whole bleeping career. When he went to New York to challenge the "dangerous" Rocky Fielding. Another deer in headlights with a trinket just waiting to be picked up.

I've respected many bonafide Mexican boxing stars in their day. Finito Lopez, MAB, even JCC Sr. But how Canelo's skipping and hopping through weight divisions, avoiding the dangerous opponents, is admired by anyone..... is anybody's guess.

But hey..... you've got the WBC churning out make-believe belts for him nearly on a daily basis.
    beterbiev, so are you holding all the top guys at 160 to the same standards? i would like to see the fight but can already see some fans criticising or making excuses if canelo won that beterbiev was too old, he is 35 now

callum got an early christmas gift against ryder, i would like to see the fight but don't really see it as much of a challenge, and again some fans will bitch, same as they would if he rightly chose ryder

jermall, has been offered a fight with andrade and had sergiy d as his number one, also almost got upset by matt korobov and hasn't really done anything at middle. i would like to see the fight but again i fear we would see the same excuses when canelo laid him out, korobov and trout already exposed him, what had jermall done at middleweight and so on

how often did floyd travel overseas? once a fighter gets into this type of position they rightly or wrongly gain some advantages, a fighter still needs to step through the ropes, risk his life and fight, every fighter wants an advantage, if given one do you really think they will refuse it? this is the real world

i never stated that fielding was dangerous and never named him as an opponent i thought was quality, canelo did travel though and fighters don't tend to fight top opponents back to back to back these days

no other middleweights are putting their hand up to face kov, even now

the belts are irrelevant

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

beterbiev, so are you holding all the top guys at 160 to the same standards?

This one is too easy. Answer: No. Why? Because none of the other top guys at 160 are pot-shotting lame zebras at higher divisions, only to go scurrying back to safety. Honestly..... you should've thought out your question better before asking it.

how often did floyd travel overseas? once a fighter gets into this type of position they rightly or wrongly gain some advantages, a fighter still needs to step through the ropes, risk his life and fight, every fighter wants an advantage, if given one do you really think they will refuse it? this is the real world

You're killing me here, man. Floyd?? That is the example you're going to bring here? Floyd?? Your overall argument is beyond weak, I'm afraid. There have been PLENTY of fighters who have not limited their careers to places where they're going to get obvious breaks, such as shady corrupt bought judges (ie: CJ Ross).... slap on the wrist punishments.... and all the obvious advantages Canelo will use to make sure he's playing with a stacked deck. And we haven't even touched on the weight games he plays. He'll never have my respect until he fights someone who's not either a) woefully undersized, b) over-the-hill, c) fatally flawed and exposed, d) woefully inferior, or e) lacking the power to knock over a house of cards. Wanting advantages might be the "real world", but in boxing you fight who they put in front of you, regardless of what the damn computer says about your chances.

callum got an early christmas gift against ryder, i would like to see the fight but don't really see it as much of a challenge, and again some fans will bitch, same as they would if he rightly chose ryder

jermall, has been offered a fight with andrade and had sergiy d as his number one, also almost got upset by matt korobov and hasn't really done anything at middle. i would like to see the fight but again i fear we would see the same excuses when canelo laid him out, korobov and trout already exposed him, what had jermall done at middleweight and so on

Blah, blah, blah. Say what you will about Callum and Jermall. Point is Canelo won't seek them out, because they're THREATS. Team Canelo will not allow threats to possibly upend their grandiose master plan with the Ginger One. Canelo picks and chooses his targets ultra-carefully and if you don't see that as plain as day......... I'm afraid I can't help you.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look man, I get it that you're a Canelo fan. He's a great fighter, not saying he's not. His fights are always exciting, because he's the type of guy who will bring it. But all the HYPE built up around him. All the advantages afforded him in every which way and form. The way his career has always been carefully orchestrated from the beginning. The way he skips up and down divisions to pick out the weak deer from the herd. The games he plays with catchweights. The way he avoided GGG for years by saying he wasn't a 160-pounder, trying to drag GGG to 154, only to show up and fight JCC Jr. at 170. The way he never leaves Vegas or Mexico to fight, where he knows he's got the judges in his pocket. The way he was exposed as a PED-cheat and got a slap on the wrist. Etc, etc, etc, etc.

This is not the way it used to be. I love stars who are genuine stars. Who have earned their way to the top.... winning some.... losing some. Not some coddled bozo who cherry picks and cheats.

Canelo is a manufactured star, because boxing wanted it that way.

That's why I'll always say..... f*ck Ginger.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

beterbiev, so are you holding all the top guys at 160 to the same standards?

This one is too easy. Answer: No. Why? Because none of the other top guys at 160 are pot-shotting lame zebras at higher divisions, only to go scurrying back to safety. Honestly..... you should've thought out your question better before asking it.

You're killing me here, man. Floyd?? That is the example you're going to bring here? Floyd?? Your overall argument is beyond weak, I'm afraid. There have been PLENTY of fighters who have not limited their careers to places where they're going to get obvious breaks, such as shady corrupt bought judges (ie: CJ Ross).... slap on the wrist punishments.... and all the obvious advantages Canelo will use to make sure he's playing with a stacked deck. And we haven't even touched on the weight games he plays. He'll never have my respect until he fights someone who's not either a) woefully undersized, b) over-the-hill, c) fatally flawed and exposed, d) woefully inferior, or e) lacking the power to knock over a house of cards. Wanting advantages might be the "real world", but in boxing you fight who they put in front of you, regardless of what the damn computer says about your chances.

Blah, blah, blah. Say what you will about Callum and Jermall. Point is Canelo won't seek them out, because they're THREATS. Team Canelo will not allow threats to possibly upend their grandiose master plan with the Ginger One. Canelo picks and chooses his targets ultra-carefully and if you don't see that as plain as day......... I'm afraid I can't help you.
    i don't see ay other middleweights hurrying to fight kov, canelo has only had one fight there, how long have artur, and bivol gvozdyk been light heavies? they never fought kov, but you criticize canelo after one fight there, seems fair

lots of fighters get criticized for not travelling, if you have issues with the judges or commissions take it up with them, canelo just fights the fights. many fighters who reach a certain level play weight games of some kind, i don't agree with it but it is part of boxing, and opponents to have to accept them. were lara, trout, ggg, jacobs undersized? was ggg only over-the-hill after the first canelo fight? were trout, floyd, lara, ggg and jacobs fatally flawed and exposed or woefully inferior? granted some of them may have lacked power but boxing is not all about power. canelo does fight who is put infront of him

you see callum and jermall as threats, i see them as easy pickings. i can almost guarantee that if canelo fought each one after the other next and toppled them both you would use some of the excuses i mentioned to sully canelo's victories. hell if canelo chose to fight callum's daddy ryder next, you would probably lose your shit

remember this is a business and dazn may want to bring in some much needed cash, a fight in japan against murata would do that easy, it is a reason they also wanted ggg to fight murata in japan. canelo probably has some sway with the opponents he wants to fight but the guys signing the cheques also have influence

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information