Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JMM vs. Bradley on now more than ever...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default JMM vs. Bradley on now more than ever...

Been saying it for years that JMM would beat him based on his style and previous performances. I always said he should challenge him and get that 4th title.
    I got bashed by several people saying Bradley would be a whirl wind for JMM.
    Too young and his pressure style would get him the win.

I think no stage of Bradley beats JMM not the Bradley of 3 yrs ago 2 yrs ago or 1 yr ago.
    Even more so after last night JMM must be licking his chops saying bring him on.

I really hope it get's done it will be a glorious day for JMM and just keep adding to his already all time great legacy.

Thoughts on that fight if it happens?

ICB Guest

Default Re: JMM vs. Bradley on now more than ever...

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Been saying it for years that JMM would beat him based on his style and previous performances. I always said he should challenge him and get that 4th title.

I think no stage of Bradley beats JMM not the Bradley of 3 yrs ago 2 yrs ago or 1 yr ago.
    Even more so after last night JMM must be licking his chops saying bring him on.

I really hope it get's done it will be a glorious day for JMM and just keep adding to his already all time great legacy.

I didn't watch Bradley's lastest fight, but i never thought Bradley would beat JMM. I've said before he's a good all rounder but he doesn't do any one thing great. In all honestly im going to go out on a limb and say JMM is a different class to Bradley.

Bradley maybe a good counter puncher but nowhere in JMM's league. JMM does everything better than Bradley pretty much and it wouldn't suprise me if it was a little one sided.

BTW is Timothy Bradley's last fight worth watching ?
    Last edited by ICB; 03-18-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley's last fight is definitely worth watching, I posted some highlights in the main thread

I see more potential of JMM/ Bradley happening now after how Bradley looked last night

I'd favour Marquez
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with you however I do think that it will be very difficult for Marquez to get up mentally for a fight ever again the way he did for Manny. Everything else for him from that 4th fight on is almost anticlimactic.

Its a weird situation from a promotional standpoint also. If Manny's heart is still in it, he no doubt wants another Marquez fight and Marquez's press blurbs saying there is no reason for a 5th fight is imo a smoke screen. He's basically telling Arum that it is he who would demand the 20 million paid to Manny if there was to be a fifth. The pay day for Marquez is simply to big to pass up. Its also puzzling to me that Manny has not demanded a rematch with Bradley which could be made over the phone.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

I didn't watch Bradley's lastest fight, but i never thought Bradley would beat JMM. I've said before he's a good all rounder but he doesn't do any one thing great. In all honestly im going to go out on a limb and say JMM is a different class to Bradley.

Bradley maybe a good counter puncher but nowhere in JMM's league. JMM does everything better than Bradley pretty much and it wouldn't suprise me if it was a little one sided.

BTW is Timothy Bradley's last fight worth watching ?
    @ICB I agree on all your points. JMM does everything better.
    JMM has faced guys like Diaz & Katsidis who have very similar styles to Bradley.

The fight is already being labeled FOTY (so far) and will be a contender by years end.
    It's a good scrap where Ruslan would lose rds but before the end of the rd he would somehow hurt or rock Bradley. It's defintely worth the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Bradley's last fight is definitely worth watching, I posted some highlights in the main thread

I see more potential of JMM/ Bradley happening now after how Bradley looked last night

I'd favour Marquez
    Right on @Galaxy completely agree...
    I'm sure JMM was watching saying "Bring him on"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If anyone uses torrents there is a 597 MB up already
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never been a big Bradley fan so maybe I am not the most objective person to comment but he did show another dimension last night. Against a poor man's Tszyu he struggled at times but showed some real heart and did not resort to head butting his way to a decision. Tszyu was a lot more educated in the way he cut off the ring and dictated the space left for his opponents than Providinikov but Ruslan still managed to hurt Bradley more in close up exchanges than Tim could him. This should have been a breeze for the bulbous headed one but the underdog had tore up the script. If Bradley gets in the ring with Juan he won't have to wait for the end of the 12th to get a decision. He will realise what has happened shortly after regaining consciousness somewhere in the middle rounds.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

ICB Guest

Thanks guys i'll be sure to watch it tomorrow, does anyone else think style wise this could be a very good match up ?

As for the other comment regarding Pacquiao, i don't see why Marquez needs a 5th fight when he's beat Pacquiao 4 times with the last fight being a convincing KO.

Infact i think JMM could mop up both Rios and Bradley.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Thanks guys i'll be sure to watch it tomorrow, does anyone else think style wise this could be a very good match up ?

As for the other comment regarding Pacquiao, i don't see why Marquez needs a 5th fight when he's beat Pacquiao 4 times with the last fight being a convincing KO.

Infact i think JMM could mop up both Rios and Bradley.

Its all about economics. I thought it was a perfect fight for Marquez to retire on.

jon09 Guest

Great match up for sure; I'm going with Bradley in an upset unanimous decision.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With Vada testing?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a simple case of a great fighter (Marquez) beating a good fighter (Bradley)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have respect for Bradley, was going to bat for him when most others were on about the headbutts...the "ducking" Khan, inactivity and straight up being a common bore...but he isn't hanging with Marquez in a firefight. Too physical, too accurate and on another level. Good scrap but JMM stronger down the stretch.

Tim has always had a solid chin and but I do think its showing a crack. His heart will never give. Provo is a good puncher but the level at which Bradley was short circuited time after time is worrisome.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love it, i've gotta believe JMM waxes Bradley's ass, it would be a great fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacman vs Marquez is the fight that should happen (again) . But Marquez vs Bradley would be great also. Funny how nobody (including me) was interested in the 4th Marquez-Manny fight, and now the majority of boxing fans wants to see a fifth fight between them

Thread Information