Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Klitschko edges closer - December 2016

Respect to Wlad, who is a class act, but GO JOSHUA!

It is time for a new and far more exciting era!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well ok, this is awesome . Polar opposites in careers and all on the line. Do wonder about rust and even long term motivation of Wlad but even with that this is a monumental experience step up for Joshua. Reeks of a classic transition of eras should AJ win.

Luis Ortiz on the undercard...looking for winner :x

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's all over the Internet this is a done deal and will be at the MEN Arena in Manchester on Dec 10th

Exclusive: IBO confirm Joshua v Klitschko sanction request would be approved | World Boxing News

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I was Wlad management I would stay away from this fight. Joshua is too strong and faster than Wlad at this time in his career. Wlad should just retire. The division is better than it has been in years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua willing to step up.

Played to him considering his lack of experience.

And that Wlads only advantage over him, coupled with his dedication to train.

I'd say Joshua should fight a couple more fights, but here we are. Exciting.
    Last edited by sanatogen; 10-17-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    It does make me laugh that Klitschko v Joshua is seen as a big deal and exciting whereas no one seemed interested in Fury v Klitschko 2.

Ooh! Ooh! I'll answer that!

No one was interested in Fury-Wlad 2 because the original version was probably the WORST HEAVYWEIGHT FIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!

The fact that Wlad losing was the result I wanted more than anything does not make the fight any less nauseating.

Wlad broke some kind of world record for his utter lack of punches thrown... and Fury didn't exactly set the ring on fire.

Now that Fury has publicly imploded, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Wlad in the ring again, although needless to say I'll be rooting for AJ.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It does make me laugh that Klitschko v Joshua is seen as a big deal and exciting whereas no one seemed interested in Fury v Klitschko 2.

Ooh! Ooh! I'll answer that!

No one was interested in Fury-Wlad 2 because the original version was probably the WORST HEAVYWEIGHT FIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!

The fact that Wlad losing was the result I wanted more than anything does not make the fight any less nauseating.

Wlad broke some kind of world record for his utter lack of punches thrown... and Fury didn't exactly set the ring on fire.

Now that Fury has publicly imploded, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Wlad in the ring again, although needless to say I'll be rooting for AJ.
    Think I agree with that, tactics are tactics but a grab'n clutch fest was never gonna get big numbers for a return. Joshua (or Vlad come to that) needs to get long hurtful jabs in. The danger is Vlad grabbing and mauling his way to an unsatisfactory points win.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury v Wlad was one of the worst HW title fights since Tyson v Boneclutcher , so why has the public taken to Joshua v Wlad and showed no interest in Fury v Wlad 2 ?
    Simple really people like fighter with KO power in the HW division , watching a lumbering light punching fighter fiddle his way to a win , with the punch output of an asthmatic grandmother in a yawn fest isn't exciting.
    Wlad is at the end of his career and needs to prove he isn't shot ( I personally think he is ) , Joshua if he tucks in his chin should win by KO.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the moment I'm backing Klit to win, experience over youth and all that, if he can get behind his jab then he can make it a difficult night for AJ.
    I think AJ may be a bit too one dimensional, Fury was off the cuff and forced Klit into constantly assessing and thinking about what he was doing.
    Plus Klit still has a lot of power and as we saw in the White fight AJ was hurt quite badly.

As others have said, it all depends on Klit being shot or not.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wlad smashes Joshua

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep - echoing everyone else, if Wlad still has it he wins this for me behind the jab and frustrates the inexperienced AJ.

Winner to fight Bellew.....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Fury v Wlad was one of the worst HW title fights since Tyson v Boneclutcher , so why has the public taken to Joshua v Wlad and showed no interest in Fury v Wlad 2 ?
    Simple really people like fighter with KO power in the HW division , watching a lumbering light punching fighter fiddle his way to a win , with the punch output of an asthmatic grandmother in a yawn fest isn't exciting.
    Wlad is at the end of his career and needs to prove he isn't shot ( I personally think he is ) , Joshua if he tucks in his chin should win by KO.
    Fury v Klitschko 2 was about as anticipated as Mayweather v Pacquiao 2 for the same reason. It's a foregone conclusion. Klitschko and Pacquiao were bviously going to lose to the superior fighters again.

Whereas they could both still do well against the lesser fighters of the division.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury v Klitschko 2 was about as anticipated as Mayweather v Pacquiao 2 for the same reason. It's a foregone conclusion. Klitschko and Pacquiao were bviously going to lose to the superior fighters again.

Whereas they could both still do well against the lesser fighters of the division.
    Only thing is that it wasn't really a foregone conclusion was it, Klit had a much better chance second time round than Manny did.
    There were things Klit could have changed in the second fight whereas I don't think Manny could have done a fat lot to change the outcome.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Only thing is that it wasn't really a foregone conclusion was it, Klit had a much better chance second time round than Manny did.
    There were things Klit could have changed in the second fight whereas I don't think Manny could have done a fat lot to change the outcome.
    What was Klitschko going to change? Throwing more punches which everyone accepts would get him hurt like he did a few times late in the first fight when he tried to open up. A Tyson win was a foregone conclusion.

Dont forget this was Tysons biggest test. He is still young and getting better and the experience he got here would have raised his skill level further.

Mayweather was at the end of a long career and will not be getting any better and neither will have Pacqiuao.

Looking at opinion here I'm right that most people will think Wladimir has more of a chance against Joshua than he does against Fury.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think and fully expect AJ to win this by KO pretty early, no way he's gonna let Wlad hug him to death as Hearn will ensure the ref is fair.

This is rumoured to be at the MEN in Manchester so Wlad instantly loses all of his cheating advantages that he tried against Fury (The Gloves, The bouncy castle ring, Platform shoes at the weigh in to appear the same size as Fury etc) and let's be honest here the smart money says Wlad used these same cheating tactics for years and years defending in Germany simply because he could get away with it.

Fury proved that when you take away those cheating advantages Wlad was so used to he was nothing and that for me was a definite sign that Wlad is weak mentally.

Wlad will be well out of his comfort zone if it is infact at the MEN Arena and under massive pressure as it's the last role of the dice which means he's gonna have to let his hands go for once which will simply allow AJ to counter him with huge fast right handers which will be the KO punch.

On the other hand they have sparred in the past so maybe Wlad got the better of AJ in that spar and thinks he has an easy nights work?

Intriguing fight and there's no way this is anything but a "proper" fight

AJ by KO well inside the distance for me though.
    Last edited by smashup; 10-17-2016 at 11:03 PM.

Thread Information