Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happen to our famous Grant ? ? ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What happen to our famous Grant ? ? ?

Hello mates ,

U know in the end od 90's all American box fan said that Michael Grant will be our next legend like now by Brock . . .

Grant has really a good record too but after he killed my MCcLine and Guinn his breath go away and dont there anymore on top of heavyweight . . .

Why Grant dont pick a Golota,Fields,Vidoz or Williamson to make a good come back on the top list ? ? ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What happen to our famous Grant ? ? ?

. . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Michael Grant is a very big man and a good athlete but his skill as a boxer is mediocre at best. Almost every time he's run into a good boxer that was big enough or strong enough that he couldn't overpower, he has looked awful. I could see the signs of trouble a lot earlier, even when he was undefeated. He didn't impress me at all as a boxer when he beat Obed Sullivan in May 1998, and then he was behind on all 3 cards to Andrew Golota when Golota quit in the 10th round.

He's a great example of what all the old time boxing experts used to say: it takes more than just size, strength and athletic ability to be a good fighter. You have to learn to box.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Michael commited tactical suicide against Lewis and he was ruined after that . Highly unlucky to break his ankle form the first punch by Mcline then it was sad to see him badly K.o'd by mediocre Guinn .

When he was up and coming he was the "bees knees " If you listened to that idiot Larry Merchant then he was the second coming . I dont know what gave an experienced man that idea but im sure he just wanted to see Lewis lose and let it cloud his rational judgement . But thats a different story .

Grant showed grit to get past Golota but youd like to see a contender get through guys like Saverese abit easier . He looked the part but wasnt a natural fighter at all . Nice religious man though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Grant took up the sport too late, and IMO, he lacked a 'proper' amateur career.

But he got a long way on just being an exceptional athlete. He showed great heart against Golota, and to give credit, kept getting up against Lewis.

After that, it just seemed he had lost the fire in his belly to keep going in the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid

But he got a long way on just being an exceptional athlete. He showed great heart against Golota, and to give credit, kept getting up against Lewis.

After that, it just seemed he had lost the fire in his belly to keep going in the sport.
    Yes that so true . . . But maybe Grant has his chance still be go on top list and maybe be a champ too . . . He dont fight versus a good boxer after he lost to Guinn . . .

But Grant come with a big steps to the heavtweight when he KO Alfred Cole(Who gave to Rahman some trouble),David Izon(Who beat Tua in Olympics),Obed Sullivan,Andrew Golota and a UD by Lou Savarese all fight in 1997 to 1999 . . . He was even at Knockkout Kings 2001 because he fough all this boxers and made a challange fight VS legend Lewis . . .

But after 2001 we never see Grant is a good sahpe again when he lost to my 1 punch VS McCline and to Guinn . . .

I never watch the Guinn fight i think Grant was in front in cards or ? ? ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rahman

Yes that so true . . . But maybe Grant has his chance still be go on top list and maybe be a champ too . . . He dont fight versus a good boxer after he lost to Guinn . . .

But Grant come with a big steps to the heavtweight when he KO Alfred Cole(Who gave to Rahman some trouble),David Izon(Who beat Tua in Olympics),Obed Sullivan,Andrew Golota and a UD by Lou Savarese all fight in 1997 to 1999 . . . He was even at Knockkout Kings 2001 because he fough all this boxers and made a challange fight VS legend Lewis . . .

But after 2001 we never see Grant is a good sahpe again when he lost to my 1 punch VS McCline and to Guinn . . .

Nah , he was getting his ass kicked . Being floored regulary and when the K.O came it was brutal . His whole head snapped back with the force and he fell face first to the canvas . I cant believe he made it to his feet at 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hello mates ,

U know in the end od 90's all American box fan said that Michael Grant will be our next legend like now by Brock . . .

Grant has really a good record too but after he killed my MCcLine and Guinn his breath go away and dont there anymore on top of heavyweight . . .

Why Grant dont pick a Golota,Fields,Vidoz or Williamson to make a good come back on the top list ? ? ?
    I think this was a case in which Grant's management had a flawed fighter and made the most of him. Coming late in the game without a massive amateur background they handpicked his opponents, and then took the chance with Golota and lucked out when Golota quit. I agree with whoever said Grant's kamikazi attack on Lewis was equivalent to fistic suicide. I don't think GRant has a chance in hell of making a mark in this division any more but the division sucks so bad Tyson might have a chance at a title (just kidding).
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JAX ILL MITCH SEND YOU EMAIL TO INSTALL MSN SO WE CAN SET UP THE FIGHT TIME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat
    but the division sucks so bad Tyson might have a chance at a title (just kidding).
    LOL, the division sucks, but even Ingemar Johansson would start as a betting favourite against Mike at the moment!

Maybe even Bruno would fancy his chances in a third Tyson fight, now I am just getting silly, Frank could not beat Tyson, if they had the fight at Mike's funeral

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferTheGreat
    but the division sucks so bad Tyson might have a chance at a title (just kidding).
    LOL, the division sucks, but even Ingemar Johansson would start as a betting favourite against Mike at the moment!

Maybe even Bruno would fancy his chances in a third Tyson fight, now I am just getting silly, Frank could not beat Tyson, if they had the fight at Mike's funeral
    LMAO True
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

grant was a tall "freak" at that time(before the klits and nick). golata had him but quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    JAX ILL MITCH SEND YOU EMAIL TO INSTALL MSN SO WE CAN SET UP THE FIGHT TIME

Oh yea i added u already . . . Just come online . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME

Nah , he was getting his a** kicked . Being floored regulary and when the K.O came it was brutal . His whole head snapped back with the force and he fell face first to the canvas . I cant believe he made it to his feet at 10

If Grant VS Wladimir will fight there would be double KO maybe . . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He sucks! That's what happened.

Thread Information