Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default No Nonsense Talk: GGG-Canelo

Ok so GGG looked less than invincible during his recent beating of Kell Brook.
    Meanwhile, Canelo put the predictable beating on a game, but hopelessly outgunned Liam Smith.

GGG looks less than what he is..... Canelo looks more than what he is.

Enough talking (and marinating).
    Time to get this fight done............ at 160 pounds.

Enough of this "I ain't big enough" bullcrap.
    Everyone on Planet Earth knows Canelo is a full-fledged 160 pounder.

That he can squeeze himself into 154 for one fight is besides the point.
    His body structure is pure middleweight. He even walks around at 170-something and beyond.

Let's quit with the bullSHIT and get this fight done, BEFORE Golovkin keeps aging.

A-side excuses can be summarily thrown out the window.
    Canelo wants greatness?
    Let him go out and get it.
    Enough of this diva bullshit. Cotto got raked over the coals for it... and he could pull the size card if he wanted to.
    Canelo CAN'T.

Me?
    I'm dying to see GGG knock the freckles off Canelo's face.
    Let's hope if happens before Gennady goes on Medicare.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really care about the GGG fight a ton anymore. Canelo is a good fighter and has so many good options at light middle and middle. He just isn't fighting them right now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How crazy would it be if Brook KO Canelo in his next fight?..then what?!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Meanwhile, Canelo put the predictable beating on a game, but hopelessly outgunned Liam Smith.

His body structure is pure middleweight. He even walks around at 170-something and beyond.

Let's quit with the bullSHIT and get this fight done, BEFORE Golovkin keeps aging.

Canelo wants greatness?
    Enough of this diva bullshit. Cotto got raked over the coals for it... and he could pull the size card if he wanted to.
    Canelo CAN'T.

Me?
    Agreed.

Cotto and his weight is a mystery..is he even fighting anymore.?

Let's not forget that cotto performed well against canelo and never looked like a shot fighter to me.

On the GGG vs Canelo fight,
    GGG should just agree to everything to get this fight made for September 2017 (if it's at 160)...if he wins, just imagine from a business standpoint where his stock would be...huuuge.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No Nonsense Talk: GGG-Canelo

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Canelo wants greatness?
    Canelo CAN'T.

Me?
    Agreed.

Cotto and his weight is a mystery..is he even fighting anymore.?

Let's not forget that cotto performed well against canelo and never looked like a shot fighter to me.

On the GGG vs Canelo fight,
    GGG should just agree to everything to get this fight made for September 2017 (if it's at 160)...if he wins, just imagine from a business standpoint where his stock would be...huuuge.

They're throwing some names around for Cotto, but... IMO, a combination of age and mileage has put Cotto close to the end of a storied career. At some point, he's going to have to consider it calling it a day. He did VERY well against Canelo, but... why wait till your performance goes way down and you stink up the ring in order to retire?

GGG-Canelo? I just wish the public and the press would put pressure on Canelo and his team to make this fight happen. AND... I hope GGG doesn't cave and goes down to 154. He's a middleweight, just like Canelo. I think GGG eats Canelo alive at 160. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Canelo come in HEAVIER than Golovkin on fight night.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto is still a big name..that should be brooks next fight if he leaves the title at 147..spence would be a low pay/dangerous fight for him.

Canelo has never been knocked out or really beaten up on the verge of a tko (I think) so there's another edge to him that might rise to the occasion under the GGG onslaught.

I just don't see canelo moving up if he beats GGG at 160 for a loooong time, so GGG winning would be more exciting to 168 or catchweight mix at light heavy..

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Cotto is still a big name..that should be brooks next fight if he leaves the title at 147..spence would be a low pay/dangerous fight for him.

Canelo has never been knocked out or really beaten up on the verge of a tko (I think) so there's another edge to him that might rise to the occasion under the GGG onslaught.

I just don't see canelo moving up if he beats GGG at 160 for a loooong time, so GGG winning would be more exciting to 168 or catchweight mix at light heavy..

Canelo went on to win the fight, but.........

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG would hurt Canelo badly.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gutted for Smith he gave his best efforts and it wasn't enough. Canelo looked massive compared to smith physically, he looked like a 175 fighter. Canelo showed he was a different level to smith but smith has showed us he can mix it with the best at 154. He will be back soon I hope, there's a lot of good fights left for Smith.

I'm reading today that they offered Golovkin $10 million what the fuck is that about? Canelo won't stay at 154 not after struggling to make the weight like that and how big he was after it. De la Hoya pisses me off, canelo needs to fight him by next September I reckon. Two more fights maturing to 160 against a good name like Jacobs or Saunders.

Canelo did look good last night but if golovkin was punching him like Liam was it would have been a different story. I think it's the best possible fight to be made on the planet right now though really and they really would have a brilliant tear up. I think golovkin would be too much for him though.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't see the problem with the 10 million offer. People keep talking about percentages but it isn't about percentage it's about getting paid. How is an offer of 5 times your career high too low?

Besides, the offer isn't just 10 million. It's 10 million and the big stage that increases future earnings. That's 2 years of money and 2 years worth of promotion.

Take it, whip that ass and fight all PPVs the rest of your career.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I really don't see the problem with the 10 million offer. People keep talking about percentages but it isn't about percentage it's about getting paid. How is an offer of 5 times your career high too low?

Besides, the offer isn't just 10 million. It's 10 million and the big stage that increases future earnings. That's 2 years of money and 2 years worth of promotion.

That fight will generate a lot more than $10 million for canelo and Golovkin will have all of the belts. I bet Golovkin would have made nearly the same fighting Brook! I would laugh at the offer if I was Golovkin.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be a terrible manager because I wouldn't concede a single inch, day or dime to Canelos lil traveling circus. Everyone with an ounce of gray matter knows Alvarez ran him mouth and then ran away. Let him focus on his new mandatory Andrade who I think has a decent chance to beat him. He needs to make up his mind and pick a division. Grow up, go up or grow quiet. Golovkin can do time with Jacobs or Saunders and do what a champion does, clean your house out. Waiting around for bubble boy diva who is only waiting for you to grow old is just playing the fool.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'd be a terrible manager because I wouldn't concede a single inch, day or dime to Canelos lil traveling circus. Everyone with an ounce of gray matter knows Alvarez ran him mouth and then ran away. Let him focus on his new mandatory Andrade who I think has a decent chance to beat him. He needs to make up his mind and pick a division. Grow up, go up or grow quiet. Golovkin can do time with Jacobs or Saunders and do what a champion does, clean your house out. Waiting around for bubble boy diva who is only waiting for you to grow old is just playing the fool.
    I think Canelo would fight GGG before Andrade. At least with GGG he gets paid.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Canelo would fight GGG before Andrade. At least with GGG he gets paid.
    I really hope so. Why else bounce back and forth divisions. Respect to Smith but it doesn't matter to the marketability of a GGG fight if Howdy Doody beat up Smith or just sat on his sofa for months. Andrade reflects of a Trout-Mayweather-Lara style and GBP is all about big profit low risk. He'll vacate or take a middleweight soft touch in December and we hope to god it's not a Monroe Jr.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem with the 10 million offer is that we don't actually know what the offer was

10 million to fight at 160 in Vegas? no problem
    10 million to fight at 155 in Texas? get to fuck

GGG is the champion and Canelo is the challenger, it doesn't matter what spin you put on it that is the fact, I was pissed off when Smith came down to the ring first the other day, regardless of status Smith was the champion.

Canelo has a major problem with self entitlement, you could probably go back and lay the blame of that on GBP, if he wants the middleweight belts he has to fight at the correct weight.

Of course I am saying this and not knowing if the contract stipulated a catch weight or not but I would assume it did.

Thread Information