Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Mitch Mitchell (Jimi Hendrix Experience)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Mitch Mitchell (Jimi Hendrix Experience)

Fuck me this is cool!!
    Just seen this on an old old "acquaintance" of this very site Mr Curtis Mcormicks fbook page.
    Who remembers Curtis? @Saddo 😎

https://youtu.be/Iuy-10Ejck4

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Mitch Mitchell (Jimi Hendrix Experienc

That’s terrific. I like Clapton’s playing a lot, he sounded better early days before he stuck to a strat, IMO.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Mitch Mitchell (Jimi Hendrix Experienc

That is a good performance. It's a shame the Beatles themselves didn't really play much of their prime material in a live setting.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dRwq9HrkTI0

The above isn’t the above mentioned guys. I have a video of Lennon and then playing but Yoko ono jumps up and makes weird noises so I never watched the complete show

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that the only song? I remember back in the day buying videos of Hendrix, Cream, Stones etc, you'd get an excerpt of a coming together like that which was bloody annoying.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a video of them playing in Toronto I think it was. Yoko ono was in a bag on the stage, a bit into the set she came out and was making horrible noises. It truly ruined it for me. It was a great show till she pooped out are there copies available where ono didn’t ruin it

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    That is a good performance. It's a shame the Beatles themselves didn't really play much of their prime material in a live setting.
    They couldn't, the fans were just too loud....I'm amazed that Elvis and James Brown were able to have live events recorded so cleanly because their fans went just as nuts.

@walrus you ever heard this?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh I’ve seen that to. The one I’m talking about she didn’t even have a conga she popped up out of a bag and and did all those funny noises eeeeeewwwwweeeee type things

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I need more of that in my life that was great.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I need more of that in my life that was great.
    Count the stars in this one @Spicoli

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stage of greats. Why does it seem we have no great collaborations and just jams today? Event about the music not egos. Someone tells me 'hey Aerosmith is playing' so I make the mistake of turning the channel and I see Steven Tyler and some homeless looking dude named Post malone dressed like he's a member of TLC on stage. Showing my geezer but bigger case of music mostly being shat today really.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl perkins, George Harrison and friends

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x_T8mRnqCwE

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It can get a bit tedious and self indulgent when you have so many 'Legends' sharing a stage. Particularly when it is in tribute to one of the musical establishment that has kicked off this mortal coil. That said I swear Jeff Lynne can self harmonise and Prince just knocks all the twiddly metal Malmsteen GIT attendees into a purple cocked hat here

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw prince a couple of years before he died, he is Extremely overlooked as a guitar player I think.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I saw prince a couple of years before he died, he is Extremely overlooked as a guitar player I think.
    Not just guitar

Thread Information