Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Out Of All The Parody's Done About My Line Of Work This Is One Of My Favorites

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Out Of All The Parody's Done About My Line Of Work This Is One Of My Favorites

As many of you Know I am a Finance director as well as a Sales Manager for a Car dealer and all the jokes and parody's that are out there this one is funny as Fuk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia55JCo3WII

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Out Of All The Parody's Done About My Line Of Work This Is One Of My Favorites

Ha! ah! that shit was funny....

Sadly tho I know the 'used car lot' all to well and learned my lesson the hard way.
    In 1999 I thought I was the shit! and told my god father I didn't need his help to buy I car I could do it all by myself.

Took my ass to a used car lot and the salesman put me together like "a cheap 3 piece suit"
    I walked out of the with 1998 Ford Explorer for about 15,000 (can't remember the exact price now) and the monthly payments of $550 dlls. a month I had the Explo for about 2 years I sware the fucken note where it has the price, balance and all that NEVER fucken changed.
    Why you ask?
    Well I'm pretty sure JT knows right about now why?
    Cause out of the 550 I was sending almost all of it was going to ingterest and only about 50 to 75 dlls where going to the acutal fucken 15,000 that they had sold me the Explo for.

Learned the hardway...

But fuck it! you live and you learn. Now thank god I have the cars I want 2 are payed for and 1 I'm paying now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Out Of All The Parody's Done About My Line Of Work This Is One Of My Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Ha! ah! that S*** was funny....

Sadly tho I know the 'used car lot' all to well and learned my lesson the hard way.
    In 1999 I thought I was the S***! and told my god father I didn't need his help to buy I car I could do it all by myself.

Took my a** to a used car lot and the salesman put me together like "a cheap 3 piece suit"
    I walked out of the with 1998 Ford Explorer for about 15,000 (can't remember the exact price now) and the monthly payments of $550 dlls. a month I had the Explo for about 2 years I sware the fucken note where it has the price, balance and all that NEVER fucken changed.
    Why you ask?
    Cause out of the 550 I was sending almost all of it was going to ingterest and only about 50 to 75 dlls where going to the acutal fucken 15,000 that they had sold me the Explo for.

Learned the hardway...

But F*** it! you live and you learn. Now thank god I have the cars I want 2 are payed for and 1 I'm paying now.
    In our business you got what they call taken over the top They sold you the sizzle not the steak. You drove the car, imagined how you would feel drivin that car, they developed the love and then............... wham clubbed you like a baby seal You got a "Fully protected" loan and bank prefered financing :P

The reality of it all is perception... A deal is made when a consumer feels like the value exceeded the price. You were disclosed fully the terms and condition of the loan, but you felt like you got a good deal so you signed, drove off with a $500 payment thinkin you were the ducks nutz with your new truck.. There is no one really at fault. people come on the lot seeking out a car we demonstrate, negoiate and then fully disclose everything and then after I disclose the terms and conditions I urge you to read and then sign when satisfied... I cant do anything more than that. If I sell you a warranty that costs $950 for $1950 did I do something wrong? Not really I picked up a $1000 and you got extended protection for $30 more a month that will protect you for 7 years against anything that would be devestating to you monetarily if the car suffered a mechanical or electrical breakdown

Just 1 of many examples of the dynamic of my business

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Out Of All The Parody's Done About My Line Of Work This Is One Of My Favorit

JT, i always wondered how car dealerships don't get in trouble for "price discrimination"?

Generally it is illegal.. The grocery store can't sell 1% milk to you for 2.50 and me 1.75.. so how do car dealerships get around that? i'm sure there is some loophole.

Don't know if you'll know the legalities of that, but just curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Out Of All The Parody's Done About My Line Of Work This Is One Of My Favorit

Quote Originally Posted by RP33
    JT, i always wondered how car dealerships don't get in trouble for "price discrimination"?

Generally it is illegal.. The grocery store can't sell 1% milk to you for 2.50 and me 1.75.. so how do car dealerships get around that? i'm sure there is some loophole.

All states are different but the premise is Everything has a MSRP and things are negoiated and Fully disclosed, where as you cant do that with products like milk, not to mention people are free to shop our numbers. Again I dont know the legalities but as long as I fully disclose all terms and conditions I am obyeing the law

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

All states are different but the premise is Everything has a MSRP and things are negoiated and Fully disclosed, where as you cant do that with products like milk, not to mention people are free to shop our numbers. Again I dont know the legalities but as long as I fully disclose all terms and conditions I am obyeing the law
    interesting....

cc, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

interesting....

cc, thanks.

Obviously is more to it but that is the gist, you never lie to anyone and believe it or not and I tell you the truth on this the more money we make on someone the happier they are and bring back family friends etc. Its the arsehole who shops 18 dealers with a pile of consumer reports printouts and invoices blah blah are the ones that are problems, they grind your balls off and allow you to make $100 overall but yey they come back after the transaction and bitch about every little thing.... Funny how that works

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Ha! ah! that S*** was funny....

In 1999 I thought I was the S***! and told my god father I didn't need his help to buy I car I could do it all by myself.

Took my a** to a used car lot and the salesman put me together like "a cheap 3 piece suit"
    Why you ask?

Learned the hardway...

But F*** it! you live and you learn. Now thank god I have the cars I want 2 are payed for and 1 I'm paying now.
    In our business you got what they call taken over the top They sold you the sizzle not the steak. You drove the car, imagined how you would feel drivin that car, they developed the love and then............... wham clubbed you like a baby seal You got a "Fully protected" loan and bank prefered financing :P

The reality of it all is perception... A deal is made when a consumer feels like the value exceeded the price. You were disclosed fully the terms and condition of the loan, but you felt like you got a good deal so you signed, drove off with a $500 payment thinkin you were the ducks nutz with your new truck.. There is no one really at fault. people come on the lot seeking out a car we demonstrate, negoiate and then fully disclose everything and then after I disclose the terms and conditions I urge you to read and then sign when satisfied... I cant do anything more than that. If I sell you a warranty that costs $950 for $1950 did I do something wrong? Not really I picked up a $1000 and you got extended protection for $30 more a month that will protect you for 7 years against anything that would be devestating to you monetarily if the car suffered a mechanical or electrical breakdown

Just 1 of many examples of the dynamic of my business
    Oh! fuck! yeah!
    That fucker bent me over and just drove it straight in...
    Not a good feeling, I don't know how you & WackOff like that sort of stuff.

Thread Information