Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Garcia is the naturally bigger fighter. And the more rounded fighter. He doesn't hit as hard as Matthyse. But he does possess good power. And I think he has the better chin.
    Those are some of the factors that make garcia the winner!

Come on danny.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't wait for this fight , I am expecting a war!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Garcia vs Lucas Mattysse

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Garcia is the naturally bigger fighter. And the more rounded fighter. He doesn't hit as hard as Matthyse. But he does possess good power. And I think he has the better chin.

Come on danny.
    Garcia winning will not be an upset. I'm surprised so many are going against him. It's a 50-50 fight

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on danny.
    Garcia winning will not be an upset. I'm surprised so many are going against him. It's a 50-50 fight
    Either they hate his dad or they just think garcia is overated.

Garcia has achieved so much but still seems to me a bit green and theres lots he will improve on during and after this victory.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia is an overachiever. He's always in great shape, has heart, skills and power.

Its easy to forget OLD Morales was outboxing him in their 1st match, until Garcia's power bailed him out.

Khan was outboxing him as well until Garcia landed those big shots.

I think power will be the deciding factor in this match as well, but it won't be Garcia's power punches that win the fight.

Matthysse is a man on a mission and he's going to stop Garcia, or at least drop him a couple of times en route to a decision victory.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I make it 50/50 too.

Danny's ability to punch with his opponent will keep Lucas honest for the first half of the fight but then I suspect Danny is a bit of a late fader and so the question for me is if he will fold under pressure before Lucas' chin cracks.

Danny has to remember to straighten up that right hand becuase when he varies the right hand, it all starts to look a bit special.

@erics44 yeah I had Lucas winning the Devon fight but also I wouldn't complain about the Judah fight.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 09-11-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on danny.
    Agree. It is a 50/50 fight. In my opinion, the reason that people are picking against him is that he struggled somewhat against Judah in his last fight. He also struggled against Morales in their first fight and lost all the rounds against Khan before catching him and changing the course of the fight. Basically, he looks beatable.

In contrast, Matthysse is coming off an explosive dominating win over Lamont Peterson. Many people picked him to beat Lamont, but no one thought he would do it in three rounds. Then you have Judah saying Matthysse is the biggest puncher he's ever faced, and having faced both of them, saying Matthysse will stop Garcia.

Garcia might have the decided advantage in hand speed and that could play a big role. He also looks bigger than Matthysse. I bet Garcia outweighs Matthysse by 5 pounds or more on fight night.

This is also a Mayweather card, and even if both guys are Haymon-signed, Garcia is more Mayweather's people. Matthysse has been on the raw end of two decisions in the past too. I can see that same thing happening here. Matthysse winning the fight, but losing in a debatable decision. Who are the judges?

Neither of these guys has ever hit the floor as a professional. In my opinion, it might come down to who gets touched first.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Count me amongst those who have this as a pick 'em. Matthysse has the edge in power and experience, but there is an air about Garcia that makes me think he is a special fighter. This feels a lot like the build-up to the Pavlik-Miranda fight where we saw a hyped up power-puncher get taken apart by a bigger, more skilled opponent.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Come on danny.
    Agree. It is a 50/50 fight. In my opinion, the reason that people are picking against him is that he struggled somewhat against Judah in his last fight. He also struggled against Morales in their first fight and lost all the rounds against Khan before catching him and changing the course of the fight. Basically, he looks beatable.

In contrast, Matthysse is coming off an explosive dominating win over Lamont Peterson. Many people picked him to beat Lamont, but no one thought he would do it in three rounds. Then you have Judah saying Matthysse is the biggest puncher he's ever faced, and having faced both of them, saying Matthysse will stop Garcia.

Garcia might have the decided advantage in hand speed and that could play a big role. He also looks bigger than Matthysse. I bet Garcia outweighs Matthysse by 5 pounds or more on fight night.

This is also a Mayweather card, and even if both guys are Haymon-signed, Garcia is more Mayweather's people. Matthysse has been on the raw end of two decisions in the past too. I can see that same thing happening here. Matthysse winning the fight, but losing in a debatable decision. Who are the judges?

Neither of these guys has ever hit the floor as a professional. In my opinion, it might come down to who gets touched first.
    The judges are Robert Hoyle, Glenn Trowbridge and Juergen Langos. Two Vegas judges. And a Germen one. Tony Weeks is the ref

You're right in that neither one has been down. But Matthysse is the only one I seen get some what hurt before. Against Vivian Harris. Garcia took some shots in the Judah fight. But I don't think he was really all that hurt

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Count me amongst those who have this as a pick 'em. Matthysse has the edge in power and experience, but there is an air about Garcia that makes me think he is a special fighter. This feels a lot like the build-up to the Pavlik-Miranda fight where we saw a hyped up power-puncher get taken apart by a bigger, more skilled opponent.
    Lucas is nothing like miranda, miranda couldn't box for shit! Lucas is a good enough boxer puncher that he should have got the decisions in both his losses, both of whom are some dam good boxers. I mean miranda was as crude as they come to compare lucas to that is doing him a big disservice.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Lucas is nothing like miranda, miranda couldn't box for shit! Lucas is a good enough boxer puncher that he should have got the decisions in both his losses, both of whom are some dam good boxers. I mean miranda was as crude as they come to compare lucas to that is doing him a big disservice.
    I'm not really comparing the fighters, just the general feeling in the build up. At that time, Miranda was thought of as a murderous puncher who everyone was ducking and Pavlik was seen by many to be a sacrificial lamb. However, like Garcia, he was bigger than his opponent and a better boxer. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the same result here, though I hope I am wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I'm not really comparing the fighters, just the general feeling in the build up. At that time, Miranda was thought of as a murderous puncher who everyone was ducking and Pavlik was seen by many to be a sacrificial lamb. However, like Garcia, he was bigger than his opponent and a better boxer. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the same result here, though I hope I am wrong.
    As I said before I think garcia has had a bit of luck and lucas hasn't and hell be more up for this than danny. Also I don't remember many people looking at pavlik as the sacrificial lamb but instead anticipating a crazy war but maybe my memory's off

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the peterson fight never happened what would be your honest view on matthysse?

Would he still be this monster?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the peterson fight never happened what would be your honest view on matthysse?

Would he still be this monster?
    I been high on matthyse for a few years the peterson fight has nothing to do with it, and never described him as a monster myself, so yeah i'd still think he's a bad man. I just think lucas credentials are a bit better and has had the better preparation thru his fights for this. but these are all opinions right now and maybe ill be shocked Saturday and danny kos lucas but I just don't see it happening.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reason I'm picking Lucas is simply because I haven' t seen Garcia really outbox anyone aside of Judah maybe and..well Judah wasn't never a pure boxer as much as he was a fast guy who threw hard punches.

So in essence you have a power puncher who's patient against a slightly less powerful puncher who's more active and goes off balance less often. I can see a case for both fighters winning however Danny does not have sublime defense and well remember how Sweete Pete said he doesn't care of god throws punch because he can duck it? Lucas isn't god but my god you don't want to have his punches testing your chin.

My pick: Lucas Mathysse.

Thread Information