Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 20 Puerto rican fighters...

Share/Bookmark
    Arvid_85 Guest

Default Top 20 Puerto rican fighters...

I dont really remember if it was in Worl Boxing or what it was, but a magazine rated the top 20 puerto rican fighters of all-time. Someone who has read the magazine and will just write in the ratings? would be cool to see that. couldn´t get the magazine where i live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 20 Puerto rican fighters...

Don't have a clue what magazine that was but I will give you my top Puerto Rican fighter.

1. Felix Trinidad ( Second favorite fighter ever)
    2. Miguel Cotto
    3. Hector Camancho

I have been watching boxing since 1986 and these are the Puerto Rican fighters I have taken liking to not neccesarily the best even though Trinidad is the Islands best fighter in my opinion, Camancho ended up being a semibust but had his good times. The sky is the limit for Cotto even though I don't see him becoming as big as Trinidad once was, but he should have a productive career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber

Don't have a clue what magazine that was but I will give you my top Puerto Rican fighter.

2. Miguel Cotto
    3. Hector Camancho

I have been watching boxing since 1986 and these are the Puerto Rican fighters I have taken liking to not neccesarily the best even though Trinidad is the Islands best fighter in my opinion, Camancho ended up being a semibust but had his good times. The sky is the limit for Cotto even though I don't see him becoming as big as Trinidad once was, but he should have a productive career.
    Trinidad is the most widely overrated boxer in the history of the sport. Hes been exposed multiple times in his supposed prime, yet he has a massive fanbase. Its not that he has fans thats distubing its that the fans think hes the greatest boxer, which is rather sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hous

2. Miguel Cotto
    3. Hector Camancho

Trinidad is the most widely overrated boxer in the history of the sport. Hes been exposed multiple times in his supposed prime, yet he has a massive fanbase. Its not that he has fans thats distubing its that the fans think hes the greatest boxer, which is rather sad.
    Your a bloody asshole new comer. Everybody is entitled to like whoever the hell they want to like without a bloody idiot like you coming along and being a jerk, join another boxing forum please. Trinidad has a resume like this.

16 WW title defenses (WW record)
    a champion in three different weight classes
    beat 3 gold medal winners
    won mega fights vs many undefeated champins (De La Hoya, Ried, Vargas, etc)
    cleaned out 154 in three fights
    Had a brutal KO at 160 against Joppy despite being undersized
    Has only lost two fights in his career

The only time he lost was 2 fights at a weight he had no excuse being at, due us all a favor and go hang yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2. Miguel Cotto
    3. Hector Camancho

Trinidad is the most widely overrated boxer in the history of the sport.  Hes been exposed multiple times in his supposed prime, yet he has a massive fanbase.  Its not that he has fans thats distubing its that the fans think hes the greatest boxer, which is rather sad.
      Your a bloody asshole new comer. Everybody is entitled to like whoever the hell they want to like without a bloody idiot like you coming along and being a jerk, join another boxing forum please. Trinidad has a resume like this.

The only time he lost was 2 fights at a weight he had no excuse being at, due us all a favor and go hang yourself.
    Dude don't jump on him for having an opinion different then yours.

anyway that said.

I think that Benitez is greater then Trinidad.

But Trinidad is definately top 3.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

2. Miguel Cotto
    3. Hector Camancho

anyway that said.

This comment was directed at me for having Trinidad as my #1 Puerto Rican fighter, so since I defend myself I am jumping on him, that bloody bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2. Miguel Cotto
    3. Hector Camancho

anyway that said.

This comment was directed at me for having Trinidad as my #1 Puerto Rican fighter, so since I defend myself I am jumping on him, that bloody bullshit.
    Are you kidding me? Look at your post compared to his. You got angry over nothing. How can a grown man be that sensitive?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2. Miguel Cotto
    3. Hector Camancho

anyway that said.

Got ya.

Well personally I wouldn't put Tito number 1. Here's my list for top 3

1. Wilfred Benitez
    2. Wilfredo Gomez
    3. Tito Trinidad and Hector Camacho(tied)
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2. Miguel Cotto
    3. Hector Camancho

anyway that said.

Got ya.

Well personally I wouldn't put Tito number 1. Here's my list for top 3

1. Wilfred Benitez
    2. Wilfredo Gomez

3. Tito Trinidad and Hector Camacho(tied)
    Most people have 1 and 2 the same as you do, but I think Trinidad without a doubt was better than Camancho, but I was a Hector fan and I expected alot out of him and his son.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2. Miguel Cotto
    3. Hector Camancho

anyway that said.

I agree Benitez is better, he beat his tougher oppostion but Trinidad was embarrassed when he stepped up to greats like De La Hoya, Hopkins and Winky. Those fights weren't even close.

And calm down, Its just my opinion. Can we discuss boxing without getting personal flames over the inpersonal internet?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO the best Puerto Rican fighters of all time...

1. Carlos Ortiz
    2. Wilfredo Gomez
    3. Felix Trinidad
    4. Wilfred Benitez

*oooppppss!!! modified I just relaized I put Benitez at #2, I meant Wilfredo Gomez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2. Miguel Cotto
    3. Hector Camancho

anyway that said.

I agree Benitez is better, he beat his tougher oppostion but Trinidad was embarrassed when he stepped up to greats like De La Hoya, Hopkins and Winky. Those fights weren't even close.

And calm down, Its just my opinion. Can we discuss boxing without getting personal flames over the inpersonal internet?
    I am personally not a Trinidad fan, but I don't think he is overrated. I do however think he should have had 3 losses rather than 2. I put Trinidad #1, but Cotto is moving up quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like your list Mick

mine in no order.

Jose Torres * great body puncher. a good mix of boxer / puncher was better before he became champion, his drive seemed to be higher early on .

Felix Trinidad * great str8 right hand. he could mop the floor when he had his man hurt

Edwin Rosario * excellent power, nice left hook and str8 right hand that sent many into sandman land.

Miguel Cotto * a work in progress.. But I see greatness already

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    I like your list Mick

mine in no order.

Jose Torres * great body puncher. a good mix of boxer / puncher was better before he became champion, his drive seemed to be higher early on .

Felix Trinidad * great str8 right hand. he could mop the floor when he had his man hurt

Edwin Rosario * excellent power, nice left hook and str8 right hand that sent many into sandman land.

Miguel Cotto * a work in progress.. But I see greatness already
    Torres is up there good one,
    Not quite fond of Rosario though I take nothing from him he was a tough sunna'va bbbbbb..... but this is PR's only sooooo hes probably top 7 or something....

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lords Gym
    I just realized my list was wrong I meant to put Wilfredo Gomez at #2... I just fixed it

Thread Information