1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Help with head movement [Recovered From July 28, 2004]

Help with head movement

Quote Originally Posted by bexy
    Do any of you have any good drills to help head movement and slipping. Im getting fed up of trying to be elusive the hard way. My nose is suffering...ha ha.

I've tried so many things but constant movement eludes me...ha ha

It so amazing when you watch others. For example, in many of the Mike Tyson documentaries you can see guys in the background (Cus D'Amato trained) all slipping and training different drills and movement techniques. I was just wondering if any of this information had disseminated down to us humble punchbags?
    Quote Originally Posted by stigrayos
    Ya, it sure would be nice, i know it will take mostly practice in the ring, but are their any excersices a body could do?
    Andre?

Now listening to: Barra Macneils, Northern lights
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    You know when you put the rope up that goes across the room? That helps head movement a bit, the combo bag always helps head movement too...you hit it a couple of times then move your head...that's all I know
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    Aside from neck stretches and basic head movment for avoidance ;
    Your head will follow your feet:
    Your head will follow your knee bends and ankle slips.
    You know if your standing straight footed and you simply flick both your heels out to one side ,so your like in a side stance (you have just slipped a straight jab)..(it will be comming close to your nose, but you have avioded the direct force) and your in a position ; with body movement to back it up ..to make them pay with a swing or a hook.

I just mentioned that because its soo easy to overcommit when trying for elusive head movment and getting caught out or walking into their second shot .

So you have know what it is you want to achieve before you take off! Or you'll pay for it; Like getting in a car and not knowing where your heading.

A good start .
    You have to move away from their lead arm to the outside of it, if possible, so your going away from their rear arm as well.
    IF you have the oppertunity to land on the outside of their lead arm and you are square shouldered! You have two fists against their none at that point for a second only.
    If you shoot your shots over and under their elbow point as they react to you then you have added control.

To practice head movment in mobility, you have to stretch all leg and hip area muscles so that you can land you ass onto your heel with your other leg out straight along the ground with out touching the ground with any gloves and change from leg to leg. This can only be achieved after practicing still leg stretches like holding the splits with your chest down at your knee level or having one leg outstretched and lowering your body down slowly so you can grab around your heel with first one then both hands while you are square shouldered.
    Once your used to it you can put up a guard and even punch around while you hold the stretch down there.

Next is skipping while going into different stances staying light on your feet.

Then you join up the whole three and you have great head movment.

A great way to aviod trouble or a hard shot comming at you because you have been caught out of position; is to pull your lead leg back behind your rear leg(so you have swithed stance). This gets you out of range and places you to the outside of his lead arm as you have gone on a 45% angle . IF in doubt ,do it twice and you back into your usual natural stance and you have gone out of range twice and forced them to rethink and remove.
    You can then be sneaky once you practice it and half move out of range and slide to outside taking control of the lead arm via the elbow and catching them as they come in with a rip to the inside as you rear foot lands ;whatever you like really,you have to be in controll though so have to know what you want or where you want him and you to go before you set off.
    Quote Originally Posted by stigrayos
    thanks andre, i will read this a few times and practice spinning heels and punching, etc. dayum, 5 minutes in a ring with you would train me more than 20 years of training by myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bexy
    Thanks man. Ive had a lot of good tips on this topic recently. Ill try it all out. Thanks bundles.

Yours

Billy
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Help with head movement [Recovered From July 28, 2004]

try this it really helped me out: when your in the ring pick out something that is in a good view for you and while you are sparring or fighting try keepin an eye on it as in keep looking at it almost every 2 seconds and every body else will just think you aru usin your movement!! it does work for me

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by million dolla babii
    try this it really helped me out: when your in the ring pick out something that is in a good view for you and while you are sparring or fighting try keepin an eye on it as in keep looking at it almost every 2 seconds and every body else will just think you aru usin your movement!! it does work for me
    I know this was probably posted some time ago and I seriously worry for this person's safety since it was posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't even understand what he doing, sounds just like getting hit in the head is all he'll be doing with that.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

keep your eye on the prize.and dont lose your head lol

Thread Information