Thread: Prime Vitali went toe-to-toe with OLD Lennox and got his a@$# kicked

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Vitali went toe-to-toe with OLD Lennox and got his a@$# kicked

Lewis was going to smash Vitali to bits.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prime Vitali went toe-to-toe with OLD Lennox and got his a@$# kicked

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Lewis was going to smash Vitali to bits.
    didn't look like that at all, and there's a good reason why Lewis retired right after and recently said it'd take 100 million to get him even interested in a rematch

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

klitoris was at the end of his stamina and Lewis the Lummox was just getting into it. 2nd Wind City, whereas the klits have no 2nd wind. Ever. Lennox would have knocked klitoris into Press Row by the 9th round at most with one of those monster uppercuts. Too bad they stopped it. Really too bad.

Even a 38 year old whipped a prime klitoris. What does that tell ya @El Kabong you whack job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*Lennox never fought again... that should tell u who won.

*the cut on Vitali's eye came from a thumb... the fight should've been a no contest,at best.

*Lennox held and hit Vitali like 8 times in a row in round 5... ridiculous what they let Lennox get away with.

*Vitali is this active, beating everyone and anyone in sight.. Lennox, who knows where he is.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    klitoris was at the end of his stamina and Lewis the Lummox was just getting into it. 2nd Wind City, whereas the klits have no 2nd wind. Ever. Lennox would have knocked klitoris into Press Row by the 9th round at most with one of those monster uppercuts. Too bad they stopped it. Really too bad.

Even a 38 year old whipped a prime klitoris. What does that tell ya @El Kabong you whack job.
    All that tells me that you're a sad beaten man....it's ok bud, just settle down honey....there there

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

All that tells me that you're a sad beaten man....it's ok bud, just settle down honey....there there
    I gotta say one of my favorite things to read about here is Kabongs posts about Wlad. I don't like Wlad, but I like Kabong

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The real issue in this fight was that they sucked; there was zero in the way of boxing skill. Yeah, I know short notice...That doesn't matter if you know how to fight and are a professional. What does it take to prepare for an opponent? THE FIRST ROUND, for a true pro; these guys were and are glorified amateurs.
    To be so tired after a couple rounds, like Lewis? A PRO can get in and do 10 because he is a boxing professional. Vitali was eating those flush uppercuts again and again- a 'pro' would turn his shoulder and quit leaning in- and a few more would have finished him.
    The night of the fight, I turned to my friend (he had sparred with Emile Griffith and spent considerable time around Liston) and said "Joe Louis is turning in his grave." It was a shameful night; like Arcel said, get two guys that cannot box and it'll be one hell of a fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a helluva good fight, you can pile If's and maybes on anything but those two let it hang out in a way at THE top level we have grown to miss greatly.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    That was a helluva good fight, you can pile If's and maybes on anything but those two let it hang out in a way at THE top level we have grown to miss greatly.
    Yeah, people just aren't content to appreciate a great scrap I guess. It's a shame. GREAT fight, gutsy performance on both parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that age has to do a huge invisible part, do you think that more than 5% of the baseball players hit 50 homeruns at age 38 years old and bat 324? no!, they probably avg 252 and hit like 15 if they are extremely good (and they don't even get punched in the face for decades)

in the current age of advanced nutrition and training that has produced so many old good boxers, but anyways, not everybody possess all the longevity that others do

now for practically all but not all boxers, it affects a lot more that what people see, in not
    just 1 aspect like timing but a lot more ones, as many boxers are similar to many others in level, the difference is so little that if there is a little bad training or slipup or whatever and you lose the match

And about the match between lewis and klitschko, it was very even but I think that Klitschko would have won, although maybe not in their primes, both are very good boxers for my tastes of not being addicted to 50 raw hard punches with no defence per round with shoes cemented to the floor

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Old?

Lennox Lewis was age 37 when he fought Vitali. That the same age Wladimir Klitschko is now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was a great fight yet it still seemingly pissed off half the people by being non technical and what not, we are a fickle bunch.
    Last edited by armin; 10-24-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschkos AND Lyle suck.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I gotta say one of my favorite things to read about here is Kabongs posts about Wlad. I don't like Wlad, but I like Kabong
    If Wlad fought with half the intensity in which Kabong posts about him, nobody would ever believe he wasn't bursting with A side meth and he would've had Povetkin out of there in a round. Fact.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look Lewis was 38 but was far from shot also he is like in the top ten greats heavy's on the top half of the list i would say. Why is it a shame to lose by a cut to that man of all people he is a atg and as far as the Brown Bomber goes turning in his grave i just laugh. Bomber during his prime years i remember him not being able to avoid a right hand by a old vet him self only he got a rematch. If he got in the ring with Lewis he would get squashed and i wonder if people would still call him great after. I don't get all hate from you Brock your idol beat bums and shot fighters his whole career and you idolize the man and Rock was great guy on all but lets be real here. Vatli getting knocked out the man has never even seen the canvas in how many fights now and you think he going to get kncoked out i mean come dude.
    Last edited by Mr140; 10-24-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Thread Information