Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Francisco Panchito Bojado... What happened?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Francisco Panchito Bojado... What happened?

He was such a hot prospect. But he just fluttered. Why did he peter out?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Francisco Panchito Bojado... What happened?

He met Harry Simon and got married
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, early on, the dude looked terrific, you could see the talent when he was 19 and 20 years old.

Then at 21, he stepped up in class a bit against a faded Jesse James Leija, supposed to be a good test for prospect Bojado, but instead he found himself in deep against Leija, and that was that. Split decision loss, Bojado didn't fight for a few years after.

Next thing, he's in the news in a high speed chase, getting shot by police, going to jail.

He had the physical tools, but psychologically,he didn't have it to be a World Class professional fighter. Lack of discipline and dedication. Boxing is open world-wide competition,the Great truth-teller, it's a weeding out process from the beginning, culling those that don't make the grade. Cruel stuff,eh? Lots of broken dreams, broken Hearts, and broken bodies strewn about in Boxing.

The end.

El Kabong Guest

I never once saw the class people were saying he had

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess the flash and combinations deceived people (such as myself ) because it was against low-level fighters.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude had quick, nasty hands from what I remember but I guess not the mental fortitude to be a champ.

Huge bust-a-roonie.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Yep, early on, the dude looked terrific, you could see the talent when he was 19 and 20 years old.

Then at 21, he stepped up in class a bit against a faded Jesse James Leija, supposed to be a good test for prospect Bojado, but instead he found himself in deep against Leija, and that was that. Split decision loss, Bojado didn't fight for a few years after.

Next thing, he's in the news in a high speed chase, getting shot by police, going to jail.

He had the physical tools, but psychologically,he didn't have it to be a World Class professional fighter. Lack of discipline and dedication. Boxing is open world-wide competition,the Great truth-teller, it's a weeding out process from the beginning, culling those that don't make the grade. Cruel stuff,eh? Lots of broken dreams, broken Hearts, and broken bodies strewn about in Boxing.

The end.
    Good synopsis.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the same time, I often wonder what part match-making plays into all of this. Are there guys who became great fighters that could have ended up in the "bust" column if they weren't brought along perfectly? Could a bust like Bojado have become a great fighter if he was put in with guys that were good match ups for him, that would help him progress as a fighter without killing his confidence and hype by giving him a loss?

Floyd Mayweather had a lot of trouble in his second pro fight vs 1-1 southpaw Reggie Sanders (who went on to amass a record of 12-47 to date). It was obviously bad matchmaking as Floyd wasn't ready for a southpaw at that stage in his career. What if Reggie Sanders got the nod? Could Floyd have handled dropping a fight at that young, that early in his career? Maybe his will and desire would have faded and he would have went on to mediocrity, and his name would have came up with guys like Bojado, who had so much promise and then went on to nothing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The cream always rises to the top.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    At the same time, I often wonder what part match-making plays into all of this. Are there guys who became great fighters that could have ended up in the "bust" column if they weren't brought along perfectly? Could a bust like Bojado have become a great fighter if he was put in with guys that were good match ups for him, that would help him progress as a fighter without killing his confidence and hype by giving him a loss?

Floyd Mayweather had a lot of trouble in his second pro fight vs 1-1 southpaw Reggie Sanders (who went on to amass a record of 12-47 to date). It was obviously bad matchmaking as Floyd wasn't ready for a southpaw at that stage in his career. What if Reggie Sanders got the nod? Could Floyd have handled dropping a fight at that young, that early in his career? Maybe his will and desire would have faded and he would have went on to mediocrity, and his name would have came up with guys like Bojado, who had so much promise and then went on to nothing.
    Could be. Be Leija was someone that Bojado should have beaten and beaten soundly. Everyone who was someone beat Leija.... everyone who wasn't all that faded. Leija was the great test back in the day, sorta like how Monte Barrett and Bert Cooper were. You had to beat them...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He read his own headlines. All concerned got way too ahead of themselves and forgot time was on his side. Kid had extreme reflexes but you had writers, media and trainers falling into Teen idol think with the comparisons to 'the next De La Hoya' etc. This happens all the time. We all want the next big superstar but promising Ponchito never really made it out of toddlers & tiaras. Leija educated him at the tail end and would have always been too much for the best version of Bojado we did manage to see. We spend more time looking at who young guns remind us of, or what we do not have when we need to be concentrating on who, or what, he is actually bulldozing across the ring to make him appear that way.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i do think that it was good match making which made him seem better than he was. he looked average when he stepped up at all in class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is one of the biggest wastes of potential in my opinion. I remember when he started training with Floyd Sr. I thought he was going to start handing out beat downs.

Had to be a lack of discipline.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he was young and still had puppy fat all over him. I figured with his style cause he showed a tight measured approach to breaking someone down; I thought if he went all out and got all fit and worked on getting harder through fights like Leiga he would have been formidable.
    But I think he thought he had it made already so remained lazy.He could of got better prepared instead of going the taco route.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Starting out 9-0 9 kOs had everyone drooling
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Thread Information