Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Khan fill out to 147 in the future?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Could Khan fill out to 147 in the future?

with such a big frame and a lot of money making fights does anybody else think that he could/would make the move? Im still not sold on his chin, but you can see a lot of work has been done on his defence. Does anybody else think he could do this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Could Khan fill out to 147 in the future?

he's got the attack to give any one a gud fight... His chin is more than questionable...
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree, i want to see him against a strong 140 challenger first who packs power, if Khan can get through this test without being exposed again, I think he does have the tools to cause any fighter problems. I would love to see him fight Hatton though, I think this is a must see fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he will, and I also think his chin will improve a lot as he does. It did for Oscar and Hearns as they moved up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you look at the frames and Pac fights at 140+. Khan can go as high as 154 IMO.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    I think he will, and I also think his chin will improve a lot as he does. It did for Oscar and Hearns as they moved up.
    Oscar never had a bad chin. There's a difference between flash knock downs and getting knocked the fukk out like Con did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Oscar never had a bad chin. There's a difference between flash knock downs and getting knocked the fukk out like Con did

the barrera and kotelnik fights have conclusively proven his learnt his lesson and wont make the same naive mistake again while under roach. Khans got the framework and physique to eventually become a very good 147pounder.

His ring abilitys are second to none and on his day he can beat anyone in this sport perhaps barring floyd. The questions about his chin though is still there.

For some reason when khan takes a clean punch he seems to think he can get out of the way of any further crossfire by moving his feet as much as possible which still suggests he can be hurt by very ordinary punches.

Over the next few years if khan can find himself a good solid jab i see no reason why his style cant make him a multi weight world champion. He certainly has the heart for the sport, the technique is there. But is the chin??
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good shout Tom !

I dont see no reason why he carnt, in the last couple of years he has filled out quite abit, no reason to think he wont continue to in the next few years. He certainly has the frame to allow himself to move up in weight, guess we have to wait and see how he does at 140 in the coming years.

As he is currently with Roach and sparring with Manny it will interesting to see if their paths will cross in the next couple of years

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Exactly, Oscar had one of the greatest chins of the modern era in boxing. He had a few early flash knockdowns but was never hurt and the only times he was stopped was to a body shot and then an accumulation of shots against Pac. He never really looked like being hurt off Pac by one single shot though like what he did to Hatton.

As for Khan he is only 22 and yes I think he can go as high as 154 eventually but whether his chin can hold up is a total different matter that only time could tell. I say probably not but if he can keep improving his defence then maybe he can get by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has shit power, the only way he is going to make it at the very top is to become a defensive master, in truth he gets ktfo by most guys who have a dig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan's power isn't that bad, or wasn't before he started fighting his technique he uses now. Before he used to sit down on his punches more, and get caught while doing it, now he is fighting like he used to in the amateurs more, get in and get out but don't commit to anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan's power isn't that bad, or wasn't before he started fighting his technique he uses now. Before he used to sit down on his punches more, and get caught while doing it, now he is fighting like he used to in the amateurs more, get in and get out but don't commit to anything.
    Yes but to be fair to Skel, he makes a good point about Khans power because he has not had the power to finish anyone that is world title level, even a blinded Barrera (who admittedly has a solid chin but is quite a bit naturally smaller) walked through all Khans shots and was still firing back. His notable KO's are against the likes of Michael Gomez!! So until he can start knocking big names out or even down then I think i'll agree he is not a big puncher.

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can you imagine what would happen if a big hard-punching welter hit him flush on the chin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khans power is average, as shown at world level so far he hasnt even had anyone in trouble or hurt Barrera a natural Featherweight said he cant punch for shit, Kotelnik didnt look bothered for one second.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Can you imagine what would happen if a big hard-punching welter hit him flush on the chin?
    Timber?

Thread Information