Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ryan: Another case of hype preceding reality

Seems like a growing M.O. in boxing lately.

1. Young, handsome kid who the media takes a liking to. If he speaks English, so much the better.

2. Anoint him as the next coming of (fill in the blank with some ATG).

3. Give him crowns... call him King... and encourage his wanting to fight exhibitions after 10 pro fights against veteran, aging ATGs.

4. Excuse his avoiding tough, dangerous competition... lest he suffer an early KO loss and derail the plans. Remember... it's all about that "0". No matter how bloated or artificial it is.

5. Begin p4p talk. Never mind the hundreds of other boxers who are coming up the hard way and have earned whatever ranking they have. They're not anointed.

6. Put him under GBP. DLH may have given up fishnet stockings... but he's had ample practice creating divas from the get-go.

7. Get him WBC protection. Go see the Godfather (Sulaiman).

8. Make him Instagram king. Gotta appeal to all the casuals who wouldn't know how to spell Joe Louis and instead call him Joe Lewis.

9. Begin talking Hollywood. (Hey... it's never too early).

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ryan: Another case of hype preceding reality

I know it is early days but I think he is the real deal in terms of being potentially world class.

The fact that he has used social media is a positive things and I prefer real boxers doing it than you tubers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i prefer king ry over jake paul
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where is he of late? Can't remember him fighting for ages
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Where is he of late? Can't remember him fighting for ages
    Think he was suffering from stress and mental illness. Taking some time off.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kids on a first name basis has to say something about hype . He and Joseph Diaz will probably get done soon and pretty decent fight. Diaz took and beat the guy in Fortuna that Garcia pulled out against and maybe 135 will get it's stuff together and we see winner fight Haney? I liked him v Campbell flaws and all. His chin hangs there like a wind chime but he took arguably his first big show shot and climbed off the deck to score brutal finish. Tonight he may be training and eating steaks with Canelo but hopefully he's back before years end.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

And I prefer Ryan over Charlie Zelenoff. But that's really beside the point, isn't it.

You look up Jake Paul and it's YouTuber first, social media personality 2nd, and professional boxer 3rd. Not exactly an appealing resume to any serious boxing fan.

Fact remains that Ryan has yet to do jack in boxing... but the media continues fawning over him.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

And I prefer Ryan over Charlie Zelenoff. But that's really beside the point, isn't it.

You look up Jake Paul and it's YouTuber first, social media personality 2nd, and professional boxer 3rd. Not exactly an appealing resume to any serious boxing fan.

Fact remains that Ryan has yet to do jack in boxing... but the media continues fawning over him.
    i thought the point was hype proceeding reality. jake paul is headlining boxing cards. i thought knocking out luke was pretty good
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought the point was hype proceeding reality. jake paul is headlining boxing cards. i thought knocking out luke was pretty good

jake paul is headlining boxing cards Just goes to show how f*cked up boxing is nowadays. Divas and social media stars pass for heroes today.

i thought knocking out luke was pretty good Oh sure. One pretty good fight and he's talking fighting exhibitions with Pacquiao. Hey... but at least he's big on Instagram, eh?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jake paul is headlining boxing cards Just goes to show how f*cked up boxing is nowadays. Divas and social media stars pass for heroes today.

i thought knocking out luke was pretty good Oh sure. One pretty good fight and he's talking fighting exhibitions with Pacquiao. Hey... but at least he's big on Instagram, eh?
    knocking out luke is more than yet to do jack in boxing

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To a millennial such as yourself it might be... because to you, one fight already defines a career. But to the rest of us, who do know about boxing... it classifies as having "yet to do jack in boxing."

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To a millennial such as yourself it might be... because to you, one fight already defines a career. But to the rest of us, who do know about boxing... it classifies as having "yet to do jack in boxing."

Hope this helps.
    where did i say one fight already defines a career chico bean? you're starting with the lies again & making up shit. knocking out an olympic gold medalist, two time world title challenger. something loma & jorge couldn't do was a pretty good win & already more than yet to do jack in boxing

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope this helps.
    where did i say one fight already defines a career chico bean? you're starting with the lies again & making up shit. knocking out an olympic gold medalist, two time world title challenger. something loma & jorge couldn't do was a pretty good win & already more than yet to do jack in boxing

You're angry again.

Not my fault YDKSAB, and rate Ryan on one "pretty good" fight.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope this helps.

You're angry again.

just highlighting you lying & making things up chico bean. where do i rate him? it was a pretty good win

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope this helps.

You're angry again.

just highlighting you lying & making things up chico bean. where do i rate him? it was a pretty good win

Back to the point. It's about hype precending reality. One "pretty good fight" does not warrant the hype Ryan has been getting.

Saying he hasn't done "jack" in boxing... since this must be explained to you kindergarten style... is a way to put his accomplishments against others in comparative terms.

It's actually my fault for assuming your pea brain can grasp concepts like "comparative" and perspective.

If you're going to take everything that is said literally... you're even more stupid than I thought.

Thread Information