Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wlad Klit scared to death of Briggs? who wins, and why??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wlad Klit scared to death of Briggs? who wins, and why??

His problem aside from never really destroying a top ten fighter is that he wants it all on the shortcut now. Just saw his interview where he didn't want anything to do with Fury after Chisora fell out Was it officially offered? What better way than to stalk a Fury presser and throw Croc shoes at him..can you imagine that pre fight rubber room show with those two gimmick kings? Briggs is living off the longest 15 minutes for a heavyweight in recent memory career. Seriously, I've watched him since he turned pro in his Jiffy Pop popcorn look and having "Tyson like power" dropped in his intro . Sorry man, but he sucks and he always has. We need to get off the pipe

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's turned down Fury because didn't wanna be seen as a journeyman and he did agree to fight Chaegaev when it seemed that Oquendo pussied out but he stepped up.

That's good progress, I mean Chagaevs about top 20-15 in all rankings and Fury is top ten in all.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    He's turned down Fury because didn't wanna be seen as a journeyman and he did agree to fight Chaegaev when it seemed that Oquendo pussied out but he stepped up.

That's good progress, I mean Chagaevs about top 20-15 in all rankings and Fury is top ten in all.
    He has to actually fight the guys for it to be considered progress A journeyman is exactly what he is unless he proves otherwise, and if he isn't willing to fight anyone half decent aside from Wlad he may as well hang them up. More likely the reason he'd have been willing to step in against Chagaev and not Fury was that his fancied his chances a lot more, knowing Chagaev is also past it and out of shape. And don't get me wrong, I don't think Fury is very good, Briggs would have a great punchers chance there. Just it's the type of opportunity he needs to take if he's serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Briggs tends to get out boxed a lot with higher level opponents. Fury would be very capable of out boxing him. Briggs has power but always seemed to have difficulty delivering it effectively when necessary.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please... Briggs is an old man after one last payday...

Just because he looks superficially fit, doesn't mean he's not an old man. What's under the hood?...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad isn't scared of Briggs in my opinion. Briggs is a big guy but Wlad is too mobile, fast, strong, and good for Briggs. Shannon doesn't last 7 rounds.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this what we're reduced to? Briggs?

I want to see Wlad dropped or at least challenged as much as anybody... but Briggs?
    The guy's 42 years old, and never really stepped up to the plate with all the hopes everybody had for him.
    He'll do like a lot of others. The first time he tastes Wlad's leather, he goes into a defensive shell.
    When he DOES try to make a fight of it.... Wlad will smother his ass and perform the wrestling moves he's mastered so well.
    Wlad isn't scared of Briggs.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    yeh yeh, I know. Vitali did this and that to briggs , and briggs hasnt fought anyone decent in a while! but dont you think the man has enough credentials to get this fight given his record, the shape he is in, and the guys he's fought in the past? 1. shannon is in the best shape of his career, and seems to have beat his asthma issues. 2. he is killing the guys he's been fighting. 3. look at wlad klits opponents, leapai?? cmon!! its not much better!! i coulda put up a better fight than leapai.
    4. wlad is not vitali!!! by a longshot. vitali had fire in his eyes, but wlad is content with jabbing all night and carrying bums.

Briggs is after wlad like stink on shit, and wlad seems to ignore and diss briggs, even though briggs has gotten under his skin. my opinion is that wlad is scared of briggs, thats why he wont give him the time of day. interest is growing quickly for this fight, but where is wlad trying to fight another chump, thats where!!! I say give the guy whose record & experience proves he belongs in the ring with ole glass jaw.

put wlad in with someone who is NOT petrified of him. someone who wont let him plod and jab all night. someone who will attack!!! an exciting heavyweight. something wlad isnt anymore.
    i know not many will agree with me, but thats ok. i never was one to go with the grain anyways. everyone has an opinion, and this is mine.
    it would be good to see the belts back in USA.

my prediction...briggs by KO within 5 rds. shock and awe baby!!! corrie sanders his boring ivan drago looking ass!! lol.
    Fuck no. Briggs best wins were against George Foreman, Ray Mercer and Siarhei Liakhovich. The Foreman win was a gift. Mercer was just about collecting social security. Liakhovich was only mediocre. And it took a hail Mary punch to get him that boring ass win. Briggs is not worthy. He's never beaten anyone good. To say Wlad is scared of him is just moronic

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I'd fully get behind Briggs if he showed any interest in making some kind of crossroads fight, he'd be a very live gatekeeper against Wilder or Fury, for instance. I imagine he doesn't actually believe he could win another big fight and just wants to get paid though. Can't blame him, but Wlad would be wasting everyones time with it and I doubt it would be that lucrative for him. The guy can make a small fortune fighting the likes of Lepai, Briggs wouldn't be a strong enough B side to make sense.

Agreed but I also agree with @Violent Demise as far as the paper trail goes and him and the White poodle threw less punches in 12 rounds then any fight in heavyweight history. Tyson probably threw more in the Seldon fight. I also think that the notion of Wlad being scared of him is ridiculous.

He's a different animal now and losing a hundred pounds and doing what he has done of late is pretty impressive. He's arguably done more then Wilder has in just 4 fights in 2014 and that guy is in the #1 spot in the Wbc and in the top 5 in the other 3 having never fought an opponent below 50 in the rankings. I think Briggs would ko Wilder. I also think he would beat any of Wlads last 6 opponents with the exception of Povetkin and he might beat him also. Wlad probably gets paid the same regardless of who he fights and the support at the live gate would be the same if he fought the town Rabbi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im guessing whoever wrote this thread didn't see there last fight. If u did then I don't know how u could ever want to watch something like that again. I award Shannon Briggs the title of MR DUMPLING. Man who has the ability to block all punches coming his way with his face. You would get more activity from a walrus on weed. The guy sucks and doesn't deserve another fight with the Klits. Don't get me wrong the Klits bore me but Briggs sucks Im surprised Vlad hasn't jumped at the chance to beat on another loser that he has tried to big up in the press. Make it last about 10 rounds and make it sound like the greatest heavyweight fight ever. This fight will be presented as gourmet but will taste like shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read an article where Briggs said that there's an audio recording of Wladimir saying he's scared of Briggs. That he told his trainers to not let Briggs in the gym because he scares him lol

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the main reason this fight shouldn't happen is because it would probably see the end of briggs invading wladimirs training sessions, these are getting pretty funny... now does briggs just take his shirt off to talk to wladimir or does he actually not own any ?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    Im guessing whoever wrote this thread didn't see there last fight. If u did then I don't know how u could ever want to watch something like that again. I award Shannon Briggs the title of MR DUMPLING. Man who has the ability to block all punches coming his way with his face. You would get more activity from a walrus on weed. The guy sucks and doesn't deserve another fight with the Klits. Don't get me wrong the Klits bore me but Briggs sucks Im surprised Vlad hasn't jumped at the chance to beat on another loser that he has tried to big up in the press. Make it last about 10 rounds and make it sound like the greatest heavyweight fight ever. This fight will be presented as gourmet but will taste like shit.
    Lol that does sound like the last few Wlad fights to me now that you mention it.

Thread Information