Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  74
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah... Dwight Smith. The same guy who says this:

https://www.awesemo.com/sideaction/f...ls-are-rigged/

"Former Bucs DB Dwight Smith Claims All Super Bowls Are Rigged"

Whenever I see a post of yours like this... I understand a little more how your mind works regarding COVID and other things in life.

You didn't like it when I labeled you a Conspiracy Theorist.

Tell me... what would you like me to label you as?

You most likely don't know jack shit about the NFL (no offense, as you're not from the States)... yet you pick up on this video made by what surely has to be a malcontent ex-football player with an axe to grind.

Either that or he's suffering from CTE.

To be clear... nobody has ever claimed that the NFL is squeaky clean. Right now there's a controversy with a former head coach that claims the owner asked him to throw games toward the end of the season.

That sort of shit probably happens in every sport.

But to randomly pick out a video that fits your "everything's a Conspiracy" agenda, well..... that just sheds light on how you tend to view everything in life.

I'd consider it sad to go through life constantly questioning even the most basic of established facts.

It's a miserable way to life, IMO.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lost Drew Brees, lost coach Payton and now Alvin Kamara is starting Felony brawls in Vegas . Talk about a build back year coming. In good hands with Allen though. Like Bengals to go big Sunday

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I support Cincinnati Bengals just because.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bengals have got a cool name I'd like them to win but la will squash them with help from the refs I think.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Whenever I see a post of yours like this... I understand a little more how your mind works regarding COVID and other things in life.

You most likely don't know jack shit about the NFL (no offense, as you're not from the States)... yet you pick up on this video made by what surely has to be a malcontent ex-football player with an axe to grind.

To be clear... nobody has ever claimed that the NFL is squeaky clean. Right now there's a controversy with a former head coach that claims the owner asked him to throw games toward the end of the season.

But to randomly pick out a video that fits your "everything's a Conspiracy" agenda, well..... that just sheds light on how you tend to view everything in life.

I'd consider it sad to go through life constantly questioning even the most basic of established facts.

i don't care if you label me anything, it's just a psychological tactic. you can just call me tic. i thought you didn't like using labels. i don't know much about the nfl at all. i put up the video because i guess the guy speaking is a former player. whatever his beef is with the nfl there will always be corruption when there is large amounts of money involved. for what it's worth i think the bengals win this year, it is the year of the tiger after all
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

i don't care if you label me anything, it's just a psychological tactic. you can just call me tic. i thought you didn't like using labels. i don't know much about the nfl at all. i put up the video because i guess the guy speaking is a former player. whatever his beef is with the nfl there will always be corruption when there is large amounts of money involved. for what it's worth i think the bengals win this year, it is the year of the tiger after all

Yep. There's plenty of corruption in the NFL. It's so powerful, though, that it can get away with a lot of it. Dwight Smith however, is out to lunch.

The Bengals seem to be the majority's sentimental favorite this year. Truth be told I like them both. I'm leaning toward the Rams however, mostly because I'd rather Tom Brady and the Bucs have lost to the eventual SB champions. Other than that it doesn't matter. The Bengals are a refreshing team and Joe Burrow is a likable guy.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Yep. There's plenty of corruption in the NFL. It's so powerful, though, that it can get away with a lot of it. Dwight Smith however, is out to lunch.

The Bengals seem to be the majority's sentimental favorite this year. Truth be told I like them both. I'm leaning toward the Rams however, mostly because I'd rather Tom Brady and the Bucs have lost to the eventual SB champions. Other than that it doesn't matter. The Bengals are a refreshing team and Joe Burrow is a likable guy.
    there is corruption whenever big money or power is involved. i can't really comment on dwight smith because i don't know him & know nothing about him. you & i both agree that corruption occurs, without being inside the inner workings it's hard to imagine how bad it is

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's SUPER BOWL Sunday!!!!!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Los Angeles get the win despite not looking too good, some questionable refereeing at the end to get them a first down but maybe it wouldn't have mattered.... Cincinnatis first touch down could also have been ruled out too to be fair.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had no dog in the fight, but I'm glad LA won for several reasons:

1. They had beaten Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFC playoffs, so if Brady had to lose... I'm glad it was to the eventual Super Bowl champions.

2. You have to feel good for Matthew Stafford, the Rams' QB. He had labored for years in the pits of the NFL (the Detroit Lions) with little support, but always with enormous talent. He finally got a great team around him... and promptly led them to the Super Bowl.

3. Joe Burrow (Bengals' QB) is a generational talent. But he's only in his 2nd year in the NFL and he'll have plenty of other opportunities. Had he won, people would've unrealistically anointed him as the next Tom Brady. That can wait.

Still... the Bengals acquitted themselves well and have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. It kinda sucks because they're in the same division as my Pittsburgh Steelers... but you gotta feel good for their rags-to-riches story.

As usually happens, I watched less of the actual football game than I do throughout all the other playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl.

That's because the SB is an "event", and you invite people over for food and drinks... and some of those people aren't really there for the game, but for the halftime show and all the commercials.

So you end up talking most of the game.

Had a great time, though. Wife cooked up some air fried wings... son-in-law brought spicy crab on codfish fritters... and a brother-in-law made some terrific finger food with plenty of hot sauce involved.

Had a good beer stock, and plenty of vodka for mixed drinks. All-in-all a rousing success.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldn't see it. What was it about, @Master?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The half time rap Pepsi advert which I thought was brilliant.

Thread Information