Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Arum wants to make GAMBOA-CRAWFORD on the Cotto undercard!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arum wants to make GAMBOA-CRAWFORD on the Cotto undercard!!!

This is very unlike Arum but if it materializes, what a badass fight..

Some say Gamboa has too much experience for Crawford but i dont think so. Experience or not, Gamboa is tailor made for him..

Crawford beats him..

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arum wants to make GAMBOA-CRAWFORD on the Cotto undercard!!!

I think Gamboa destroys him. I don't see what everybody else sees in Crawford. He's talented and can fight. But he ain't proven shit yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this fight!!!

Crawford took some clean shots his last fight and didn't blink. On the other hand, Gamboa's chin is something like Khan.

Crawford by late stoppage, unless Gamboa runs for his life.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford is literally the definition of how the boxing media and so called hardcore fans fall in love with Arum fighters. People really think Crawford is special but he would lose to Abril, Vazquez, Figueroa and yeah Gamboa.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post
    Crawford is literally the definition of how the boxing media and so called hardcore fans fall in love with Arum fighters. People really think Crawford is special but he would lose to Abril, Vazquez, Figueroa and yeah Gamboa.
    What does it have to do with Arum fighters? Burns would lose to those people too, and he isn't Arum, Broner is GB, and he is literally the definition of overhyped. You argued GGG is overhyped and he also isn't Arum.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They dropped the 'Whitaker' tag on him which was stupid, but the kid is from Nebraska and had to take the Prescott fight as a late replacement just to get mass exposure ffs. Hardly spoon fed and handed gimmes. The irony is the definition of media hype coming up involving Gamboa and its not about him for once. Talk about hype overload.

Hope they make this one. Crawford is only now hitting his stride and I give Gamboa a punchers chance. But game plan, skill and punches down the middle wise I think Crawford can drop him hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gamboa has not gotten any better through the years, worse if anything. He has no concept of his distance with short arms in the lightweight division, and looks for the escape hatch after 2-3 punch combinations. He will not hurt Crawford without coming forward consistently. Gamboa will look sharp for the first couple rounds with his natural speed, but will fade and the crowd will boo with his lack of effort and unwillingness to take any risks.

Crawford wins via UD
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cnote111 View Post
    Gamboa has not gotten any better through the years, worse if anything. He has no concept of his distance with short arms in the lightweight division, and looks for the escape hatch after 2-3 punch combinations. He will not hurt Crawford without coming forward consistently. Gamboa will look sharp for the first couple rounds with his natural speed, but will fade and the crowd will boo with his lack of effort and unwillingness to take any risks.

Crawford wins via UD
    This sounds quite likely to me. Gamboa isn't the same fighter at lightweight that he was a couple of weight divisions ago.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    What does it have to do with Arum fighters? Burns would lose to those people too, and he isn't Arum, Broner is GB, and he is literally the definition of overhyped. You argued GGG is overhyped and he also isn't Arum.
    Do you see many actual fans hyping Broner? If I say Burns sucks, Canelo sucks or Broner sucks, I don't think most people would care, I'm the biggest Broner fan I've seen on any forum and I'm a huge Canelo fan and I don't make ridiculous statements like people do about Crawford who I've seem compared to Whitaker and GGG who I've seen compared to Hagler. At this point claiming Ishida isn't a great win is called trolling, really sad stuff.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Do you see many actual fans hyping Broner? If I say Burns sucks, Canelo sucks or Broner sucks, I don't think most people would care, I'm the biggest Broner fan I've seen on any forum and I'm a huge Canelo fan and I don't make ridiculous statements like people do about Crawford who I've seem compared to Whitaker and GGG who I've seen compared to Hagler. At this point claiming Ishida isn't a great win is called trolling, really sad stuff.
    If your point is that hard care fans hype Arum fighters more than they do fighters of other stables, I respectfully disagree.

I see many actual fans hyping Broner. For example, many fans claimed he was the next Floyd Mayweather, which is simply ludicrous. I've also read posts where Broner fans have legitimately picked Adrien Broner over legends, like, for example, Barny Ross. Many fans have stated that he will be the next boxer to carry boxing. So, absolutely, I've seen fans hyping Broner. No doubt about it. Now his performance against Paulie Malignaggi brought back a lot of people's opinions of him, but prior to that performance, he was hyped by fans, as much as any fighter out there.

Speaking of Arum fighters, one of his biggest cash cows, Chavez Jr. is very often maligned by most hard core fans. Let that resonate for a second.

GGG is NOT an Arum fighter. He is represented by k2. He is the current darling of the sport.

Another current fan favorite is Lucas Matthysse, who is as GB fighter. He is hyped as the next Manny Pacquiao, which is almost as ludicrous as the proclamation that Broner is the next Mayweather.

Hype spreads its web over GB and TR fighters equally.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    I like this fight!!!

Crawford took some clean shots his last fight and didn't blink. On the other hand, Gamboa's chin is something like Khan.

Gamboa's never been stopped. And he's never been hurt on the level Khan's been hurt. It's ridiculous comparison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is this 59 cent wannabe still fighting on undercards? Gambia has the potential to arose boxing fans! Hopefully he gets his arse handed to him. Crawford by decision?!?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I like this fight!!!

Gamboa's never been stopped. And he's never been hurt on the level Khan's been hurt. It's ridiculous comparison
    Hey VD, so if this fight happens, are you willing to bet on Gamboa?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I like this fight!!!

Hey VD, so if this fight happens, are you willing to bet on Gamboa?
    Gamboa would be a great bet vs Crawford with this hype I'd love to see the odds, even the odds makers by into hype and make ridiculous odds.

Thread Information