Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Strange occurrences, etc

2 days ago I received a junk mail from a company name "spectrum". I threw it out and within 1 hour I got a wrong number call from a young lady asking to speak with "Mr Speckman". I never get wrong number calls except for robo calls. What are the chances that spectrum and Speckman both hit me within 1 hour?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Strange occurrences, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    2 days ago I received a junk mail from a company name "spectrum". I threw it out and within 1 hour I got a wrong number call from a young lady asking to speak with "Mr Speckman". I never get wrong number calls except for robo calls. What are the chances that spectrum and Speckman both hit me within 1 hour?

You have to factor in the fact that those two possibly unrelated things seemed like a coincidence to you but were actually probably just two distinct things your brain wanted to see connected. Coincidences are much more common than we lead ourselves to believe though and should be looked at as surprising concurrences rather than rare events. They seem rare because we look for patterns all the time whilst choosing to believe we are in complete control and so when we are conscious of them they jump out. What you really had was a near miss, not even a coincidence. It was nearly the same word but not the same at all. There are common types of coincidence because they are so prevalent.

Interestingly Jung believed in something called 'the force of synchronicity', it is rarely mentioned by people who claim to use his work as a basis for their own spiritually dead narcissistic bullshit, but it sprang from the belief in unus mundus, the idea that we are all connected in this reality as one world. It is why people are so petrified of Gerta Thumberg and words like community, solidarity, commons and communism. They fear embracing the idea that they are not really anything special and that their own ego is just a self created crash helmet that will disappear once they crash back into the soup form which they came.

It is also not a coincidence that Wally fell just like that onto an arse candle, when he lives in a castle full of them with so much lube on the floor. It just seems like that.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha! 😅😂ðŸĪĢ Excellent post on so many levels.

Yes implicit bias it's like when people imagine they see faces on the moon in the craters and rocks. We are looking for something familiar and so we fix the data to look like something we already know.

Carl Jung yes one of my favorites I started trying to read him back in 1981. The One world idea is definitely a humbling concept as are the communal archetypes which he said we all share.

If you think about it we are all made up of the same protons and neutrons and electrons. From that point it is really weird to think about how different personalities form.

As for walrus, the last thing I remember was it was in between 2 preliminary 4 round fights at Barclays center in Brooklyn in the summer of 2017, and he had been drinking Sex on the Beach (from what I recall it is his favorite vodka and he adds a sweet mix of fruits. He wanted to add his own twist by switching to a flavored vodka as well. He started out with either strawberry or coconut as they're both fun additions, but he didn't stop there -- he kept drinking the peach, black currant, orange, and cranberry flavors too.) So he turns to me and he says "Fred, I'll be right back I need a quick smoke.". After about 10 minutes he was not back yet and the bell had rung for the third round of the second fight already. So I asked the hostess to watch our seats and I went outside and around the back of the building where there are some alleys, kind of filthy back there, and I saw some flickering flames about 40 or 50 ft down the alley. I made out two distinct candles, both well lit, maybe vanilla scented. With a slight after-scent of sex on the beach and shit. I didn't want to get any closer but I just yelled out hey walrus the second fight is almost done and the main event is coming up. He just said something like give me another minute and I ran back inside really fast because I didn't want to get any closer.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Fats... I do seem to recall you and Walrus meeting up in New York a couple years back. Didn't you guys have a falling out from that encounter? Everything fixed after that?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me and walrus get along fine now, the falling out was just a misunderstanding that took too long to sort out. We met twice in Manhattan. Both times were cordial, fun, interesting knowing you're meeting a Saddo. I def think of both times fondly.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meeting a fellow Saddo'er has to be a much-anticipated experience, especially when it's someone you've bantered with for years.

How about you and Miles? You guys have always been close.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Meeting a fellow Saddo'er has to be a much-anticipated experience, especially when it's someone you've bantered with for years.

Up until about a week ago, he would have been all for it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh c'mon now. I'm sure he'd still be up for it. You guys have so many things in common. I'd love to meet a fellow Saddo'er, even if it just turns out to be a "meh.." encounter.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brief encounter of lunatics ðŸĪŠðŸš beer makes everything better the more the better.👌ðŸ‘đ.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

You have to factor in the fact that those two possibly unrelated things seemed like a coincidence to you but were actually probably just two distinct things your brain wanted to see connected. Coincidences are much more common than we lead ourselves to believe though and should be looked at as surprising concurrences rather than rare events. They seem rare because we look for patterns all the time whilst choosing to believe we are in complete control and so when we are conscious of them they jump out. What you really had was a near miss, not even a coincidence. It was nearly the same word but not the same at all. There are common types of coincidence because they are so prevalent.

Interestingly Jung believed in something called 'the force of synchronicity', it is rarely mentioned by people who claim to use his work as a basis for their own spiritually dead narcissistic bullshit, but it sprang from the belief in unus mundus, the idea that we are all connected in this reality as one world. It is why people are so petrified of Gerta Thumberg and words like community, solidarity, commons and communism. They fear embracing the idea that they are not really anything special and that their own ego is just a self created crash helmet that will disappear once they crash back into the soup form which they came.

It is also not a coincidence that Wally fell just like that onto an arse candle, when he lives in a castle full of them with so much lube on the floor. It just seems like that.
    All I know is now you are talking about a psychotherapist when you said they are all full of shit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz knows the academia as well as the nitty gritty. Skinned rabbits and made music videos in studio. Lived in the woods and is a graphic artist/professional photographer. Knows the streets AND the scholastics. If he wants to mention psychiatrists here and critique them there, I am sure he has his reasons well founded and supported.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I met beanerbaby at a yankee candle shop that was teaching us how to make candles. Beanerbabies likes a candle with a lot of girth.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I met beanerbaby at a yankee candle shop that was teaching us how to make candles. Beanerbabies likes a candle with a lot of girth.
    Damn.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh c'mon now. I'm sure he'd still be up for it. You guys have so many things in common. I'd love to meet a fellow Saddo'er, even if it just turns out to be a "meh.." encounter.
    Of course I would be up for it. Fats and me just disagree a bit on the potential of damaged children. I am more optimistic and he is less so. For me IQ is more of an obstacle, whence both of us having higher degrees, finding work, and not impregnating lots of women etc. It does not mean memories and chemicals in the brain are magically fixed though. I agree with him on some of it, just disagree on other aspects. Still lots of overlap in a disagreement.

No encounter with me is 'Meh'. There would always be something to talk about. Lots of things that could be expanded on considering prior interactions.

Thread Information