Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Could Floyd stand up to this???

Ok the fight is over DLH won ( rather easily )...The talk has already started about DLH VS PBF.......At 147 Zab Judah had Floyd feeling the shots...at times in the first few rds you could see Floyd wimce from the shots Zab gave him....Could PBF stand up to an all out assult by DLH...Without the power to keep Oscar off him what will Floyd do when Oscar is on the attack
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=aTfLkQa5K...de%20la%20hoya

I don't see Floyd standing toe to toe with this kind of assult Dlh laid out in the end of this fight...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Could Floyd stand up to this???

Because Floyd wouldn't Zab is a different league than Oscar in terms of speed, and is the closest thing to Floyd in boxing in terms of speed. I think Floyd could get in and out before Oscar could respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Because Floyd wouldn't Zab is a different league than Oscar in terms of speed, and is the closest thing to Floyd in boxing in terms of speed. I think Floyd could get in and out before Oscar could respond.
    the speed becomes null and void if the guy you are fighting just bullies and smothers you...and you have nothing to hurt him with to keep him from doing it...DLH gets PBF in the corner or on the ropes it's over

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he could if he had a massive pair of winnings on lol

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it all depends on the weight....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    the speed becomes null and void if the guy you are fighting just bullies and smothers you...and you have nothing to hurt him with to keep him from doing it...DLH gets PBF in the corner or on the ropes it's over
    I disagree PBF keeps one shoulder up he will just roll ODLH's punches and counter. ODLH only opens up like he did against Mayorga because he had him hurt, and Mayorga wasn't throwing back significantly anymore, but he would never open up against somebody like PBF in a such a fashion unless PBF was already unsteady on his feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton
    he could if he had a massive pair of winnings on lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the speed becomes null and void if the guy you are fighting just bullies and smothers you...and you have nothing to hurt him with to keep him from doing
    it...DLH gets PBF in the corner or on the ropes it's over

I disagree PBF keeps one shoulder up he will just roll ODLH's punches and counter. ODLH only opens up like he did against Mayorga because he had him hurt, and Mayorga wasn't throwing back significantly anymore, but he would never open up against somebody like PBF in a such a fashion unless PBF was already unsteady on his feet.
    DLH hits alot harder than Zab and Judah had Floyd feeling real tender til Judah fizzled out not to mention a better finisher..unlike Judah unless DLH gets tired he isn't thrown off his game plan so easy...and unlike Judah DLH can adjust mid fight if need be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did Oscar bully and smother Pernell Whitaker? No. He was forced to box him. He'll be forced to box Mayweather, and he'll lose trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=smashcrusher ]
    the speed becomes null and void if the guy you are fighting just bullies and smothers you...and you have nothing to hurt him with to keep him from doing
    ]

Did Oscar bully and smother Pernell Whitaker? No. He was forced to box him. He'll be forced to box Mayweather, and he'll lose trying.
    Yeah Yeah Yeah....He was supposed to lose to Whitaker too...and Chavez...And be KO'd by Vargas...And Be destroyed by Mayorga....Hell DLH hasn't lost to a fighter not bound for the HOF...Trinidad...HOF bound...Mosley HOF bound...Hopkins HOF bound...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent points Daxx...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=DaxxKahn ]
    Quote Originally Posted by smashcrusher
    ]

Yeah Yeah Yeah....He was supposed to lose to Whitaker too...and Chavez...And be KO'd by Vargas...And Be destroyed by Mayorga....Hell DLH hasn't lost to a fighter not bound for the HOF...Trinidad...HOF bound...Mosley HOF bound...Hopkins HOF bound...
    Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but Oscar has only been an underdog once in his entire career, and that was to Hopkins. Suppose to lose to Whitaker? Chavez? Mosley? Mayorga? Please don't make me laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=smashcrusher ]
    ]

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but Oscar has only been an underdog once in his entire career, and that was to Hopkins. Suppose to lose to Whitaker? Chavez? Mosley? Mayorga? Please don't make me laugh.
    Hmmm....Let me see I can show you no less than a hundred different post on this site alone that have people claiming DLH was going to be KO'd and destroyed... They said Chavez the mexican Legend would hand him a beating....They said Pernell would give him a boxing lesson...Hell I remember Larry Merchant saying before DLH fight with Ruelas that it was going to be the test to tell us if DLH was legit.....People thought Vargas would be too much the agressor for DLH to handle....So don't make me laugh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DLH hits alot harder than Zab and Judah had Floyd feeling real tender til Judah fizzled out not to mention a better finisher..unlike Judah unless DLH gets tired he isn't thrown off his game plan so easy...and unlike Judah DLH can adjust mid fight if need be
    Only reason Zab could catch Floyd is his speed though... Oscar would not be able to land his hardest punches against FLoyd, and it wasn't that Zab fizzled out... Floyd figured him out, changed his style and beat Zab Judah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=DaxxKahn ]
    ]

Um He wasn't suppose to lose any of those guys, and he easily lost to Whitaker if you saw the fight. I never thought he would be destroyed by Mayorga, and either did any person who knew anything about boxing... because Oscar Dela Hoya took punches from bigger punchers, and he was far more skilled.

Thread Information