Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    what about the judge that scored it a draw?

is he getting banned?
    Why would he?
    nowhere near a draw
    Really? What was your scorecard
    I haven't got one

So how do you know it's nowhere near a draw? Alvarez won the first two rounds and the last two without doubt, So that's four points for him straight away. Are you saying he didn't win anything from rounds 3-10? I think you're talking shit to be honest. It was close.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is he getting banned?
    Why would he?
    nowhere near a draw
    I haven't got one

So how do you know it's nowhere near a draw? Alvarez won the first two rounds and the last two without doubt, So that's four points for him straight away. Are you saying he didn't win anything from rounds 3-10? I think you're talking shit to be honest. It was close.
    maybe it was a draw

from a post in this thread 90 odd % of respected people didn't think so

which strongly suggests it wasn't

and so both byrd and the other fella fucked up, sack them both
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is he getting banned?
    Why would he?
    nowhere near a draw
    I haven't got one

maybe it was a draw

from a post in this thread 90 odd % of respected people didn't think so

which strongly suggests it wasn't

and so both byrd and the other fella fucked up, sack them both
    There is no sacking anyone for calling it a draw, the fight was close, although I had it 8-4 for GGG. Give 2 rounds of those to Canelo and it can be a draw.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@erics44 have you not seen the fight? Don't go from what people on here think because most of them picked GGG to win and are bias (either they love GGG or hate Canelo) watch the fight and make your own opinion... you might be surprised.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Priceless! 😂😂😂

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@GaMo , before Saturday I thought GGG would win, I watched the fight as am almost complete neutral, but if I was supporting anyone it was Canelo (I had expressed this in a few threads on here)

I thought it was a very good fight, all this suggestion that canelo was running I really don't agree with, ok he was going backwards but he took a lot of chances to land his own punches

and he landed a lot of eye catching combinations

and you have to admire his toughness and his chin, he was clearly smaller than GGG and he took a lot of big punches but was never really phased by any of them and always came back and tried to land himself

BUT I thought GGG was the only winner in terms of punches landed and the way he controlled the action and the pace, I don't see how anyone could score it even
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@GaMo , before Saturday I thought GGG would win, I watched the fight as am almost complete neutral, but if I was supporting anyone it was Canelo (I had expressed this in a few threads on here)

I thought it was a very good fight, all this suggestion that canelo was running I really don't agree with, ok he was going backwards but he took a lot of chances to land his own punches

and you have to admire his toughness and his chin, he was clearly smaller than GGG and he took a lot of big punches but was never really phased by any of them and always came back and tried to land himself

BUT I thought GGG was the only winner in terms of punches landed and the way he controlled the action and the pace, I don't see how anyone could score it even

Fair enough That sounds like a decent assessment of the fight. I'm going to get my hands on the HBO broadcast and watch it again whilst scoring it to see if my opinion has changed. I actually thought the drawn scorecard was fair and I was far more impressed with Canelo overall but I've only watched it the once.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough That sounds like a decent assessment of the fight. I'm going to get my hands on the HBO broadcast and watch it again whilst scoring it to see if my opinion has changed. I actually thought the drawn scorecard was fair and I was far more impressed with Canelo overall but I've only watched it the once.
    You see @Master, that's how you play nicely! 😂

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: On the night of his life, GGG could not Elevate himself to Elite

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Marvin Hagler and Sugar Ray Robinson always found a way to pull the fight out. Triple G struggled over the last three rounds and Canelo completely out hustled him and rounds 10 11 and 12 those are the championship rounds and a 12-round fight. Golovkin at no point in the fight at absolutely no point in the fight did Golovkin dominate over Canelo
    This dude knows fuck all about boxing

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Byrd could easily have scored the fight 118-110 for Golovkin. But then she would have been banned. Or at least not picked for major events anymore. Vegas need reliable people in jobs like hers. Do you think the guy in charge of drug testing for the Nevada SAC wants to catch people? Imagine if somebody like Alvarez tested positive after a fight. Hey boss, guess who I caught, he'll be banned for a year at least! How long do you think he'd stay in his job?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, I've just watched the whole fight again with the sound down.

I purposely decided that I would mainly watch Canelo this time, just make sure I didn't miss any smart work and that I saw when he blocked GGG etc.

Even leaning slightly towards him, giving him rounds, and some rounds even when I would ordinarily give them to GGG .... I still ended up with Golovkin winning by two clear rounds. 116-114.

I genuinely cannot for the life of me see any way that could have been scored as Byrd did.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Well, I've just watched the whole fight again with the sound down.

I purposely decided that I would mainly watch Canelo this time, just make sure I didn't miss any smart work and that I saw when he blocked GGG etc.

Even leaning slightly towards him, giving him rounds, and some rounds even when I would ordinarily give them to GGG .... I still ended up with Golovkin winning by two clear rounds. 116-114.

I genuinely cannot for the life of me see any way that could have been scored as Byrd did.
    That is official then. Byrd is corrupt as no one can be that incompetent.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I'm late and finally get a chance to see it. Who unstickied the thread . Have avoided all the chatter and even declined phone calls from angry friends at result. Seven rounds in easily 5-2 Golovkin. Lots of smoke and mirrors from Canelo trying to appear the fleet foot boxer and he goes dry along ropes, waits for Golovkin to pour on and he looks bothered. Golovkin work rate lacking until 4th on and jab under utilized. Bad body language from Canelo with the constant head shakes on ropes and hands dropped noticeably. Not over but anyone scoring this 118-110 is eating shrooms by the fist load.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ended at 116-113 Golovkin. 10th was closest to me and scored even up. All in all Golovkin commanded the ring for me and think his punches jab included had effect on Canelo who was bike riding in spots hands down and wearing some fatigue I thought. And ffs someone tell Golovkin to stop being all Eddie Haskel, stop saying "big drama show" and get mean son. Good scrap and Canelo had a plan and stuck to it, frankly better body puncher mainly in 2nd but Golovkin dictated terms overall and that jab is a piston. Definitely not a 'draw' in terms of distribution of effective punching and moving the opponent to react. The 118-110 served as bit of a distraction in hindsight, had she scored it by one point to Canelo would this still be believable as a 'draw'? I don't think so at all but that's already been sorted out by many . A rematch I'll pay for next time!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Ended at 116-113 Golovkin. 10th was closest to me and scored even up. All in all Golovkin commanded the ring for me and think his punches jab included had effect on Canelo who was bike riding in spots hands down and wearing some fatigue I thought. And ffs someone tell Golovkin to stop being all Eddie Haskel, stop saying "big drama show" and get mean son. Good scrap and Canelo had a plan and stuck to it, frankly better body puncher mainly in 2nd but Golovkin dictated terms overall and that jab is a piston. Definitely not a 'draw' in terms of distribution of effective punching and moving the opponent to react. The 118-110 served as bit of a distraction in hindsight, had she scored it by one point to Canelo would this still be believable as a 'draw'? I don't think so at all but that's already been sorted out by many . A rematch I'll pay for next time!
    You and your even rounds but have to admit 10th was probably the best round of the fight.

Thread Information