Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Good Is David Lemieux - How far can he go ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How Good Is David Lemieux - How far can he go ?

I was watching Eurosport the other night and caught this kid fighting for the vacant WBC Youth Intercontinental middleweight title against Delray Raines.

The fight was last year, didnt realise this at the time, but just checked him out and now find he recently won the vacant Canadian Super Middleweight title !

I was very impressed with the kids workrate and the way he put his punches together with some great combo's. He didnt let Delray off the hook once he got him rocked, and the commentators were also raving about him. He reminded me of watching a young Hatton. The ferocity of his body punches and the way he put them together was superb !

Any of our Canadian friends out there have anything to add regards to where ya see him going in the future, and how well ya see him doing in the Supermiddleweight division ?
    Considering he is only 21 he has all the time in the world in front of him !
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How Good Is David Lemieux - How far can he go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    I was watching Eurosport the other night and caught this kid fighting for the vacant WBC Youth Intercontinental middleweight title against Delray Raines.

The fight was last year, didnt realise this at the time, but just checked him out and now find he recently won the vacant Canadian Super Middleweight title !

I was very impressed with the kids workrate and the way he put his punches together with some great combo's. He didnt let Delray off the hook once he got him rocked, and the commentators were also raving about him. He reminded me of watching a young Hatton. The ferocity of his body punches and the way he put them together was superb !

Any of our Canadian friends out there have anything to add regards to where ya see him going in the future, and how well ya see him doing in the Supermiddleweight division ?
    Considering he is only 21 he has all the time in the world in front of him !
    he seems to be a very talented young fighter, but hard to say how far he'll go seeing how his record is as padded as the gloves he wears, he's fought horrible opposition, i think he might have what it takes, and should maybe try the waters at Jr. Middleweight, he's not really that big and he could fight some of the journey men in the division (Phillips, Karmazin, Rivera, Lujan, etc.) and get good experience from it, but until he steps it up i'll reserve my judgment

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Lemieux is a very good fighter and a good representation of what is going on currently in Canada.

There is a strong influx of young people showing up at gyms across Canada and particularly in Quebec and Ontario. The enrollment numbers are going through the roof and that alone will mean more talent finding it's way to the pros.

just getting back from nationals I saw some pretty impressive stuff there in the 16-17 age category from both provinces. Some serious bangers and speed demons and I follow all amateur so can see we are going to be able to compete better I believe on the world stage in the future.

But back to David Lemieux. Has his record been padded some? Well of course it has. What top prospect hasn't at this stage. But I think he's the real deal and look forward to watching him progress. Plus I need a homer to root for. I haven't given up on Molitor, we'll see how he comes back, but I think David will be certainly be fun to follow.
    Last edited by Youngblood; 03-08-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a good prospect, but it's still some way to seeing how far he can go. His power has looked awesome so far, but his record has been very padded and that appeared to be less evident in his last fight. Don't know about him going down to LMW, he looks like a guy who could be solid at either 160 or 168 to me.

His next fight is against Walid Smichet who people might remember from his war with John Duddy, that will tell us a lot about him. I think the major problem he will have is that there's far more talented prospects coming through in and around his division. I think Lemieux is pretty good & Russ Anber has done a very good job with him so far, but I feel that the likes of Danny Jacobs, Matt Korobov, Gennady Golovkin, Peter Quillin, Fernando Guerrero, Edwin Rodriguez & our own George Groves have better technical skills & potential than him. Not to mention there's other talented guys like David Estrada & James DeGale who might well step up.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Lemieux. Been following him since his 4th fight. I think he can go pretty far. But it's time that comp level steps up.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ANy relation to Mario?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's very talented and Russ is building him the old way: load of experience while he's young to see a bit every different style on the market and then they'll go to the serious business. Raines was a very decent step up, Lemieux had to fight all rounds and wasn't, this time, able to deliver the KO early on, the stamina issue is now answered with a very good mark. They will probably fuel him with 3-4 other average difficulty fights and then step up to the silver plate, which totally makes sense to me.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a fellow Quebecer, I obviously believe in the kid's talent. But he have yet to prove me that he can be a champion. Sadly, Smichet won't be much of a challenge. At last, this should be his last 10 round fight.

Oh and btw, about his last fight, Russ clearly told him to be patient between the round. I'm pretty sure he could have KO him if Russ didn't stop him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    I like Lemieux. Been following him since his 4th fight. I think he can go pretty far. But it's time that comp level steps up.

I like him very much. I have seen him fight often and he is improving fast. Abner is handling him well.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

I like him very much. I have seen him fight often and he is improving fast. Abner is handling him well.
    Check the download section. I got a good amount of his fights in there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok guys, time to bring back this thread to talk about Lemieux's new victim : "Walid Smichet".

First time in a while that I saw someone trying to fight lemieux head on...too bad it didn't lasted for long.

Smichet got KOed with 2:03 left in the 2nd round. It was a quite impressive KO too. And if we're to believe Yvon Michel, Lemieux next fight should be in June and should be a 12 round fight.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Eloking View Post
    Ok guys, time to bring back this thread to talk about Lemieux's new victim : "Walid Smichet".

First time in a while that I saw someone trying to fight lemieux head on...too bad it didn't lasted for long.

Smichet got KOed with 2:03 left in the 2nd round. It was a quite impressive KO too. And if we're to believe Yvon Michel, Lemieux next fight should be in June and should be a 12 round fight.
    When are Duddy and Chavez fighting each others already? That could be interesting to see David fighting the winner of that duel.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

June 26th. It'll be after Lemieux next fight at June 11th

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Eloking View Post
    June 26th. It'll be after Lemieux next fight at June 11th
    Assuming he wins his next fight, that would be a good match up.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any download or link where we can see his fight with Smichet by the way?
    Hidden Content

Thread Information