Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Henderson wants a title shot rematch

Not sure how I feel about this one. Great finish against Bisping. I gave Dan the 1st round against Franklin, the second I thought could go either way and I definitely gave the last to Rich. I thought he was really coming on. If that fight goes another round I think Rich wins it. I really think Dan needs another fight before he has earned a rematch. Okami deserves the next title shot followed by the Marquardt/Maia winner. Put Dan in with Sonnen or Akiyama before he gets another title shot. They really should bring Belfort or/and Manhoef over to really spice this division up.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Henderson wants a title shot rematch

I'd like to see him fight Sonnen or Akiyama as well; I like neither one. I personally thought Sexyama lost to Belcher the other night; not sure how the one judge scored it 30-27

Anyways; Dan's getting up there in age; would like to see him against Silva asap; but still think he loses to Silva again. Like em' both so I wouldn't root one way or another. Maybe Bisping will scream for a rematch
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the Spider has only 3 or 4 fights left on his contract and says he will retire afterward. Dana doesn't want to waste one on Okami. I think after Forrest it will be three fights left and for arguments sake lets just say he wins. Marquardt/Maia winner, GSP and then it gets tricky. If Machida is not the LHW champ then you have to assume that Anderson will want a shot at the title, but I don't think Dana will let Anderson fight for the LHW belt if he thinks he just going to retire afterward. That would leave two divisions in a lurch. So if Anderson is serious about retiring, and he wins the above mentioned matches I think he either fights another top contender at LHW or Belfort, who it seems Dana is serious about bringing back. Unless the GSP fight doesn't happen I don't see Dan fitting into the next 3-4 fights with Anderson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    Well the Spider has only 3 or 4 fights left on his contract and says he will retire afterward. Dana doesn't want to waste one on Okami. I think after Forrest it will be three fights left and for arguments sake lets just say he wins. Marquardt/Maia winner, GSP and then it gets tricky. If Machida is not the LHW champ then you have to assume that Anderson will want a shot at the title, but I don't think Dana will let Anderson fight for the LHW belt if he thinks he just going to retire afterward. That would leave two divisions in a lurch. So if Anderson is serious about retiring, and he wins the above mentioned matches I think he either fights another top contender at LHW or Belfort, who it seems Dana is serious about bringing back. Unless the GSP fight doesn't happen I don't see Dan fitting into the next 3-4 fights with Anderson.

Good thinking. I'm not sure alot of people really want another Henderson/Silva fight anyways; though I would.

I'd like to see Marquardt get another shot at Anderson, Nate is one guy I follow alot and though Anderson is a fave of mine I think Nate has the tools to beat him as much as anyone; though you couldn't tell in their 1st meeting Going to take a good striker to at least challenge him, and even if one gets him down he's still dangerous and that long body is hard to control. I would absolutely love a Machida/Silva fight; though if what you said comes to fruition, as far as Silva retiring, fat chance of Dana making that fight when he'd be retiring basically after he won it{if he won}. Epic fight though that would be. Question: can Anderson gie up his belt now and go to LHW? Or does his contract stipulate he has to fight at MW for those 3 fighs? I forget how that works. I never count Forrest out; he's a gamer nd rugged, but geez he's in for it. The weight advantage is the only advantage he has. His face will be a mess{as usual} after that fight.

I DO NOT want to see GSP go up to face him; I love both guys but honestly GSP will get ruined in that fight imo. He doesn't have the greatest chin, and Anderson has some of the best hands in the sport; he will connect or get GSP in a clinch against the fence and do worse than what he did to Franklin. GSP will never get him down, and let's be honest, GSP likes to get it to the ground more these days. Even if he managed to he could not control that long body of Silva. I like to see guys take on challenges in different weight classes, but I think it's professional suicide and it's not because I like GSP, I just think it's futile. And tbh he didn't look too thrilled about being asked about it in his post fight interview; didn't seem like he wanted to commit
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is nothing that ties Anderson to one belt or another. He can campaign at one weight of his choice or both. He and Machida are good friends and have stated they won't fight each other. I too don't really care to see the GSP fight. Problem is Rush doesn't have much to choose from either in his division. You've got the Swick vs Kampman winner and then its guys who are unproven or he has already beaten. Rush's injury will allow some guys to rise to the top. If Condit can string 3 good wins together I am sure they would give him a shot. UFC needs to go get Shields from strikeforce. GSP vs Shields is a fight that needs to be made. After the Marquardt/Maia winner faces Anderson I'd give it a 50% shot of GSP and the Spider tangling. If for what ever reason GSP and him don't meet then I think Henderson could slip in especially if he gets another KO between now and then. After that I really think Anderson either gets strong armed into a contract extension so he can fight for the LHW title or the UFC brings in Belfort in hopes he can win the belt from Anderson before he retires.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How crazy would it be if Cung Le came over to face Anderson? One last thing to mention. After Affliction's next card Fedor becomes a free agent and all signs point towards the UFC doing whatever it takes to sign him and put him in with Lesnar. Fedor is not a big HW and I dont think he wouldn enjoy much more than 10-15 pound adv. over Anderson. Fedor beats brock and Anderson wins his next 3 fights I could see this being made as the P4P Title fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is nothing that ties Anderson to one belt or another. He can campaign at one weight of his choice or both. He and Machida are good friends and have stated they won't fight each other. I too don't really care to see the GSP fight. Problem is Rush doesn't have much to choose from either in his division. You've got the Swick vs Kampman winner and then its guys who are unproven or he has already beaten. Rush's injury will allow some guys to rise to the top. If Condit can string 3 good wins together I am sure they would give him a shot. UFC needs to go get Shields from strikeforce. GSP vs Shields is a fight that needs to be made. After the Marquardt/Maia winner faces Anderson I'd give it a 50% shot of GSP and the Spider tangling. If for what ever reason GSP and him don't meet then I think Henderson could slip in especially if he gets another KO between now and then. After that I really think Anderson either gets strong armed into a contract extension so he can fight for the LHW title or the UFC brings in Belfort in hopes he can win the belt from Anderson before he retires.

That would be real nice; Shields is a damn good fighter. Speaking f Strikeforce I can't wait for the Gina Carrao ight coming up She's a hottie and can fight. That girl she's fighting is hideous looking and scary; I forget her name but there is a video of her literally choking out a reporter lmao

But yeah; I mentioned the other day GSP is kind of gong to be in limbo like Kelly Pavlik in a division that is stale. Move up and face being too small and a non factor at MW, unless it's just a one fight thing with Silva which I thnk he gets train wrecked in; or stay and become obscure in a lacking division right now.

Still I'd like to see Fitch get another shot; but after the 1st one sided affair I can't see him improving enough to beat him, GSP just will have his # I think.

Don't know where Alves' loss leaves him, except to try for aother title shot. He looked off the other night; not explosive and not sure whether it was nerves or the weight loss catching up to him. He' a better fighter than what we saw Sat. night; though GSP is overall a better fighter. Swick is a good fighter and has great hands; and his reach and speed will give him an advantage in stand up with GSP imo; could be ne of those upset things; though GSP will dominate the ground. And imo Swick looks too drawn at WW; a good body attack and his thin frame won't take it.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How crazy would it be if Cung Le came over to face Anderson? One last thing to mention. After Affliction's next card Fedor becomes a free agent and all signs point towards the UFC doing whatever it takes to sign him and put him in with Lesnar. Fedor is not a big HW and I dont think he wouldn enjoy much more than 10-15 pound adv. over Anderson. Fedor beats brock and Anderson wins his next 3 fights I could see this being made as the P4P Title fight.

Forgot about Cung Le; that guy is scary when he gets going. He'll still get owned by anyone who gets him to the ground unless he is working diligently on that. I wish he fought more he's fun to watch. I was surprised heowned Shamrock like that; impressive. And holy shit what a fight with him and Anderson, or even Machida. And I've given up on Fedor getting to the UFC; too much getting in the way; but I hope he gets there I want that albino gorilla Lesner gone. He gives me the creeps; no man should look like that
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post

Good thinking. I'm not sure alot of people really want another Henderson/Silva fight anyways; though I would.

I'd like to see Marquardt get another shot at Anderson, Nate is one guy I follow alot and though Anderson is a fave of mine I think Nate has the tools to beat him as much as anyone; though you couldn't tell in their 1st meeting Going to take a good striker to at least challenge him, and even if one gets him down he's still dangerous and that long body is hard to control. I would absolutely love a Machida/Silva fight; though if what you said comes to fruition, as far as Silva retiring, fat chance of Dana making that fight when he'd be retiring basically after he won it{if he won}. Epic fight though that would be. Question: can Anderson gie up his belt now and go to LHW? Or does his contract stipulate he has to fight at MW for those 3 fighs? I forget how that works. I never count Forrest out; he's a gamer nd rugged, but geez he's in for it. The weight advantage is the only advantage he has. His face will be a mess{as usual} after that fight.

I DO NOT want to see GSP go up to face him; I love both guys but honestly GSP will get ruined in that fight imo. He doesn't have the greatest chin, and Anderson has some of the best hands in the sport; he will connect or get GSP in a clinch against the fence and do worse than what he did to Franklin. GSP will never get him down, and let's be honest, GSP likes to get it to the ground more these days. Even if he managed to he could not control that long body of Silva. I like to see guys take on challenges in different weight classes, but I think it's professional suicide and it's not because I like GSP, I just think it's futile. And tbh he didn't look too thrilled about being asked about it in his post fight interview; didn't seem like he wanted to commit
    It would be like when Penn moved up from lightweight to face GSP at welter. Silvas next fight is at lightheavy so there would be a hufge difference and GSP knows it . He wants no part of Silva

Henderson is probably earnt a return and hes the only guy to dominate Silva in a round. Usually Silva not only beats you but he wins every round in doing it but I cant see a return being significantly different.

The biggest fight out there though is Fedor vs Brock. Dana white use to talk direspectfully about fedor but now he has him in his sights he is talking up the fight and I think it will take MMA to a new level. Id pay ppv for that 1.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing with GSP is: He as way more than enough skills to fight the spider but he's too small, GSP isn't a big welterweight, we've seen it, Alves was way bigger than him and against a well rounded opponent like Silva that would have a huge weight advantage... I wouldn't say it's suicide but it's like playing russian roll with 4 bullets out of 6 in the loader. sad though as it would have been a fantastic match to see if their size would more or less match.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information