Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default GGG v. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate, 30, a big, strong middleweight with vaunted punching power and a big win against N'Jikam. GGG, 32, also, a strong middleweight, although not as big as GGG, with big wins coming against Geale, Macklin and Stevens. How does it play out?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG v. Kid Chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Kid Chocolate, 30, a big, strong middleweight with vaunted punching power and a big win against N'Jikam. GGG, 32, also, a strong middleweight, although not as big as GGG, with big wins coming against Geale, Macklin and Stevens. How does it play out?
    Until saturday I thought GG was too much for Quillan.

Now

I can't tell.

If Geale had any power GG would be in our prayers.
    If Winky Wright had any power Quillan would be learning how to tie his shoes all over again.
    Right now it's a 50 50 fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post

Now

I can't tell.

If Winky Wright had any power Quillan would be learning how to tie his shoes all over again.
    50-50? Odd because no sensible person would give even money on GG

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Now

I can't tell.

No sensible person would be jockriding a 32 y/o fighter who's best win is Kassim Ouma.

GG's defense has more holes than an Iraqi oil field.

Andre Ward MADE Golovkin's trainer stop saying he'll fight anybody.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Now

I can't tell.

No sensible person would be jockriding a 32 y/o fighter who's best win is Kassim Ouma.

GG's defense has more holes than an Iraqi oil field.

Andre Ward MADE Golovkin's trainer stop saying he'll fight anybody.
    @cyclone - I read a pretty good article here by Stephen Edwards where he points out why GGG's style doesn't call for expert defense. He says that "his defense is good enough for how he fights. An imposing puncher like GGG does not need rapid or freakish head movement. If he did that, it would take him out of position and tire him out. Look at Julio Cesar Chavez or Joe Louis's defense. They calmly parried punches and used their presence to intimidate fighters." Are you sure his defensive faults merit such criticism?

Also, he can't duck a fighter in the weight class above him. Floyd didn't duck Sergio Martinez. Ward hasn't ducked Kovalev. Would it improve GGG's legacy to beat Ward more than it would to beat Kid Chocolate? Absolutely, as it would have for Floyd's legacy to beat Sergio more than beating Maidana.

Why aren't you impressed with GGG? He hits like a mule. He provides highlight reel knockouts in every fight. He's also willing to fight anyone in his division.

I'm not jumping on his bandwagon and saying he would beat Hopkins or Ward when his best wins are against Macklin and Geale. That's a ridiculous overstatement when he hasn't even fought above 160 or against someone remotely on their level. On the other hand, given the way he took care of Macklin and Geale, I'd be surprised if anyone at 160, other than Floyd, could beat him, and I don't think that's overrating him. Do you?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the best fight out there and it forces Cotto to have to fight the winner. GGG batters Quillen but in a entertaining fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quillin beats GGG in a SD... GGG has not tasted power. Power that can actually land sensibly. Stevens had power, but he couldn't land. Quillin will land against GGG and it will hurt.... as someone said, if Geale had any power we would be saying prayers for GGG now.

Quillin will hit GGG, cleanly and very, very hard and then GGG will "box" for the rest of the fight- and then lose because people would take that as GGG running and shrinking from a fight.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me GGG will have a special career. Watch this space.
    Kid Chocolate will end up melted chocolate.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quillin beats GGG in a SD... GGG has not tasted power. Power that can actually land sensibly. Stevens had power, but he couldn't land. Quillin will land against GGG and it will hurt.... as someone said, if Geale had any power we would be saying prayers for GGG now.

Quillin will hit GGG, cleanly and very, very hard and then GGG will "box" for the rest of the fight- and then lose because people would take that as GGG running and shrinking from a fight.
    Interesting point of view. I think Quillin has a shot too. I'm not sure if he wins, but he's got the power and length to possibly keep GGG off him. On the other hand, GGG has the experience and technique to close the distance and get to Quillin. It would be a good fight.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG destroys Quillin. Hits him with one good shot, Quillin gets on the bike, becomes exhausted, and is destroyed late. Quillin has no chance and if the odds are anywhere near 50/50, I'm betting HUGE on this fight. If I get good odds on stoppage by GGG, I'm betting on that. Quillin has natural talent but the wrong mindset and not enough depth to win this one.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quillin is good, quick and packs a respectable punch. He battered Winky Wright.

GGG really looks to be special though and should TKO Quillin late or win a UD with a couple of knockdowns.

It's a damn good fight though Nd should be made. I read on boxingscene that GGG was looking at Sam Solimon next. Why? Solomon is a windmill and all heart but he'd be taken out quick.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its one that needs to happen especially now with some pieces sorted out. Cotto should look for his initial defense and these two dogs have been in the yard well before. I think Quillin has a legit shot and has been making it a point to work on boxing. Each has not faced the level and package the other would bring. Quillin attacks with both hands and power that has remained consistent but even as a fan I wonder about his mentality...too patient. Golovkin being 'willing' to give up defense, and equally spar around with a beaten Adama type...that could be a receipt for disaster and Peter would hit him with stuff he has never been hit with. Its a damn fine match who's time has come.

Just happened to see Quillins next fight is with Andy Lee on the Mayweather undercard?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting point of view. I think Quillin has a shot too. I'm not sure if he wins, but he's got the power and length to possibly keep GGG off him. On the other hand, GGG has the experience and technique to close the distance and get to Quillin. It would be a good fight.
    Quillin is no Geale. And while Stevens was stopped, he wasn't knocked out cleanly- he gassed after the accumulation. Quillin has more experience and more durable than Stevens is.

How will GGG respond when Quillin lands? The other key question is how often will GGG be able to land on Quillin to wear Quillin down- Quillin will be harder to hit than Stevens and Geale.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quillin is no Geale. And while Stevens was stopped, he wasn't knocked out cleanly- he gassed after the accumulation. Quillin has more experience and more durable than Stevens is.

How will GGG respond when Quillin lands? The other key question is how often will GGG be able to land on Quillin to wear Quillin down- Quillin will be harder to hit than Stevens and Geale.
    Stevens has a good chin though and Kid Chocolate's is average. Also, Quillin's defense isn't as good as Geale's, but more important, he isn't a lateral mover. Rather, he stands and trades. On the other hand, I'm not sure how GGG will respond when Quillin lands and Quillin will land at least once. Everyone else has. With that said, Quillin has ridden pretty high on his size and speed and I don't know if those attributes are enough to beat GGG. I'm also a bit underwhelmed with his choice of opponents. Say what you want about GGG's level of opponents, but Kid Chocolate's are even worse recently. There are no Macklin or Geale's on his CV since he got the title. In fact, his best opponent was former-title holder, N'Jikam. That makes me question how confident his team is in his ability. By contrast, at least GGG's opponents have got progressively better, from Proksa to Geale. Lastly, Kid Chocolate is not an active fighter. He fights maybe twice a year and GGG fights at least 4 times a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kid Chocolate struggled with Gabriel Rosado, and his power isn't that big of a deal. Golovkin would gring him down and stop him in the mid rounds.

Thread Information