Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Any Fighter In Recent Memory Fought As Many Quality Fighters In A Row Than JMM ?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Has Any Fighter In Recent Memory Fought As Many Quality Fighters In A Row Than JMM ?

JMM's last 8 fights.

Victor Polo
    Chris John
    Terdsak Jandaeng
    Jimrex Jaca
    MAB
    Rocky Juarez
    Manny Pacquaio
    Joel Casamayor

And now Juan Diaz from the top of my head, i can't think of a fighter. Who has fought that kind of level of opposition in a row. That truly is quite a list.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Has Any Fighter In Recent Memory Fought As Many Quality Fighters In A Row Than JM

Quote Originally Posted by Nonito Donaire View Post
    JMM's last 8 fights.

Victor Polo
    Chris John
    Terdsak Jandaeng
    Jimrex Jaca
    MAB
    Rocky Juarez
    Manny Pacquaio
    Joel Casamayor

And now Juan Diaz from the top of my head, i can't think of a fighter. Who has fought that kind of level of opposition in a row. That truly is quite a list.
    Bernard Hopkins

last 8 fights
    Kelly Pavlik
    Joe Calzaghe
    Winky Wright
    Antonio Tarver
    Jermain Taylor
    Jermain Taylor
    Howard Eastman
    ODLH
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Has Any Fighter In Recent Memory Fought As Many Quality Fighters In A Row Than JM

Winky Wright:
    Hopkins
    Quartey
    Taylor
    Soliman(not the greatest)
    Trinidad
    Mosley
    Mosley

Pacquiao has a pretty good list
    I don't think Mayweather's is the worst.
    Cotto has a good list.
    Hopkins

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Notice how these guys (JMM, Hopkins, Winky) are not UNBEATEN through that high class level of opposition.

If every fighter consistently fought world-class fighters everytime, doubt there would ever be an unbeaten fighter.

All about making the right fight at the right time
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Notice how these guys (JMM, Hopkins, Winky) are not UNBEATEN through that high class level of opposition.

If every fighter consistently fought world-class fighters everytime, doubt there would ever be an unbeaten fighter.

All about making the right fight at the right time
    I wish the top level guys would fight each other more, the alphabet mandatory shit and ODLH playing the payday that won't retire don't help.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    JMM's last 8 fights.

Victor Polo
    Chris John
    Terdsak Jandaeng
    Jimrex Jaca
    MAB
    Rocky Juarez
    Manny Pacquaio
    Joel Casamayor

Bernard Hopkins

last 8 fights
    Kelly Pavlik
    Joe Calzaghe
    Winky Wright
    Antonio Tarver
    Jermain Taylor
    Jermain Taylor
    Howard Eastman
    ODLH
    I totally forgot about Bernard Hopkins i don't know why, but he's for certain up there so is Winky Wright.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    JMM's last 8 fights.

Victor Polo
    Chris John
    Terdsak Jandaeng
    Jimrex Jaca
    MAB
    Rocky Juarez
    Manny Pacquaio
    Joel Casamayor

Bernard Hopkins

last 8 fights
    Kelly Pavlik
    Joe Calzaghe
    Winky Wright
    Antonio Tarver
    Jermain Taylor
    Jermain Taylor
    Howard Eastman
    ODLH
    I totally forgot about Bernard Hopkins i don't know why, but he's for certain up there so is Winky Wright.

JMM definately has a great resume too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto has a good list
    HHhhhhmmmmm I wish I could say I agree. Sure, Judah and Mosley are big names but, I would be more convinced if they were on their primes. I would have rather see Cotto face Mosley back when Mosley beat ODLH. When he had that speed, KO punch, fast legs, etc. Same thing with Judah. All the other guys in his list, well, what do you think about them?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM's last 8 fights.

Victor Polo
    Chris John
    Terdsak Jandaeng
    Jimrex Jaca
    MAB
    Rocky Juarez
    Manny Pacquaio
    Joel Casamayor

I actually think his resume is rather unremarkable considering his exalted standing in the p4p rankings.

Yes Manny Pacquaio and Chris John are top opponents but he lost to both them, whatever the circumstances. Rocky Juarez is a perrenial loser to top level opposition having been previously beaten by Barrera twice and Humberto Soto. Joel Casamayor was completely shot.

Jandaeng was a prospect nothing more, Guzman and Lueveno have both beaten him. Victor Polo was nothing special in elite terms having failed previously 4 times in world title bouts and Jimrex Jaca is a complete nobody who Marquez made one hell of a meal out of. He hasn't won any of his last 5 fights, an appalling opponent for a number 2 rated fighter imo.

It actually really annoys me that Marquez is rated at number 2 in the p4p ahead of Calzaghe whose last six opponents are leaps and bounds better and he won them all

Joes last six, Lacy, Bika, Manfredo, Kessler, Hopkins, Jones Jr.

And he won all six. His resume pisses all over Marquez's last six imo.

Jimrex Jaca doesn't even come up to the level of a Tocker Podwill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could also argue that B-Hop beat Calzaghe, and beat way better other opposition except Kessler, shouldn't he be ahead of Calzaghe, even if he lost a close fight to Calzaghe, since we have established that beating a guy doesn't ncessarily make you better than him, and I see Hopkins doing better against guys like Wright, Pavlik, Dawson, Glen Johnson than Calzaghe would

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    JMM's last 8 fights.

Victor Polo
    Chris John
    Terdsak Jandaeng
    Jimrex Jaca
    MAB
    Rocky Juarez
    Manny Pacquaio
    Joel Casamayor

I actually think his resume is rather unremarkable considering his exalted standing in the p4p rankings.

Yes Manny Pacquaio and Chris John are top opponents but he lost to both them, whatever the circumstances. Rocky Juarez is a perrenial loser to top level opposition having been previously beaten by Barrera twice and Humberto Soto. Joel Casamayor was completely shot.

Jandaeng was a prospect nothing more, Guzman and Lueveno have both beaten him. Victor Polo was nothing special in elite terms having failed previously 4 times in world title bouts and Jimrex Jaca is a complete nobody who Marquez made one hell of a meal out of. He hasn't won any of his last 5 fights, an appalling opponent for a number 2 rated fighter imo.

It actually really annoys me that Marquez is rated at number 2 in the p4p ahead of Calzaghe whose last six opponents are leaps and bounds better and he won them all

Joes last six, Lacy, Bika, Manfredo, Kessler, Hopkins, Jones Jr.

And he won all six. His resume pisses all over Marquez's last six imo.

Jimrex Jaca doesn't even come up to the level of a Tocker Podwill.
    Bilbo we could also easily do this with Joe Calzaghe's opposition.

Roy Jones = Completely shot much more so than Joel Casamayor, Roy Jones's last good performance was in 2002.

Peter Manfredo = Thats got to be a joke right ?

Jeff Lacy = Overhyped young champion who since his loss to Joe Calzaghe, has got 2 gift decisions against C class fighters, and was recently smacked around by Jermain Taylor.

Sakio Bika = Not a bad fighter but he did get a gift against Sam Soliman, and went life and death with Jaidon Codrington, who is a B class opponent at best. Sakio Bika hasn't done that much he also got whooped by Lucian Bute, Sakio Bika has not beaten 1 elite fighter yet.

The only ones i'll give you are Mikkel Kessler who you could also say, hadn't really beaten anyone when he fought Joe Calzaghe. And Bernard Hopkins was 43 but he is still top notch fighter so Joe Calzaghe does deserve credit, but i didn't think he even won the fight.

And had it been against a younger Bernard Hopkins who was KO'ing his opponents, instead of outboxing them to boring decisions, then i personally don't think Joe Calzaghe would of won, i don't think he even won against the 43 year old version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DIdn't Jones fight Ruiz in 04? That was a pretty special fight. But I am argueing semantics, and Joe didn't look as impressive against Jones as I was expecting, hell he couldn't even stop him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Cotto has a good list
    HHhhhhmmmmm I wish I could say I agree. Sure, Judah and Mosley are big names but, I would be more convinced if they were on their primes. I would have rather see Cotto face Mosley back when Mosley beat ODLH. When he had that speed, KO punch, fast legs, etc. Same thing with Judah. All the other guys in his list, well, what do you think about them?

He's had Quintana, Judah, Mosley, Margarito, Ricardo Torres, Paulie, Urkal. Its not the best, but it was decent.

I think Ricardo Torres has dynamite in his fists and is dangerous against anyone, Quintana is a really good boxer who showed it against P. Williams their first fight. Margarito is obviously MArgarito. Judah isn't the best fighter ever, but he looked a lot better against Clottey than he did against Cotto which is saying something about how good Cotto is. ALl in all your right he shouldn't be up there, but he has foughten some good guys.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    DIdn't Jones fight Ruiz in 04? That was a pretty special fight. But I am argueing semantics, and Joe didn't look as impressive against Jones as I was expecting, hell he couldn't even stop him.
    2003 i believe it was i totally forgot about that fight, i guess i was saying RJJ's last good performance at Light Heavyweight was in 2002 against Clinton Woods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    2003 i believe it was i totally forgot about that fight, i guess i was saying RJJ's last good performance at Light Heavyweight was in 2002 against Clinton Woods.
    Wow that was 6 years ago, Wow good job Joe, way to take on the top opposition...

Thread Information