Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Golota vs. Adamek?

It's listed on boxrec, no undercard listed so I'm not convinced it's true. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golota vs. Adamek?

Yep, it's happening on 10/24 in Poland and Adamek is the one who asked for the fight!

More on Adamek-Golota | Fightnews - Boxing News Updated 24/7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last I heard, it was set for October 24. I've also heard Kathy Duva (Adamek's promoter) say that if HBO comes up with the money for Hopkins-Adamek soon they'll cancel the Golota fight. I don't see that happening...looks like Golota in October then Hopkins in January.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjoRtAamcW8

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    Last I heard, it was set for October 24. I've also heard Kathy Duva (Adamek's promoter) say that if HBO comes up with the money for Hopkins-Adamek soon they'll cancel the Golota fight. I don't see that happening...looks like Golota in October then Hopkins in January.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjoRtAamcW8
    If it does in fact play out as Golota then Hopkins, that's really impressive. Adamek is a beast and has worked hard for what he's got, I have a lot of respect for him.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adamek by early and brutal stoppage. Andrew is done. Way too slow now for the likes of this monster.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really, holmcall?

Adamek's defense leaves something to be desired, which is one thing against a light-punching cruiserweight like Cunningham, but it it is totally different against a solid heavyweight like Golota.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golota ain't as washed up as people think. He's at his best against fighters who are smaller than him. This will end badly for Adamek.

Fighting Golota is a sign that the Hopkins fight ain't happening. No way he would risk a career high pay day to face a fighter who out weights him by over 50 pounds. Adamek ain't a big enough name to where he can still get the Hopkins fight coming off a loss. Adamek would still have his belts but he would pretty much be useless to Hopkins

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm looking forward to this one. I think Golota will surprise people. He isn't going to want to get embarrassed by a smaller guy with half of Poland watching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Starting to become a real Adamek fan. Have one kept an eye on him since the Briggs fights which were classics. Was worried he wouldnt be good enough to hang with the Cruisers when he moved up but he proved me wrong and is improving all the time. Now fighting Golota is showing some guts. Andrew is a very good fighter but he seems to lack the vital organs needed to be a good fighter, brain and heart. If he catches Adamek early and gains confidence is could be a hard night for Tomasz.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the love of country written all over this one,could do some huge hometown numbers.Just an oddity.Golota is many things.Fragile minded,old,battle worn but hes big...and can punch.Adamek no stranger to catching right hands but good for him willing to step it up.Just dont think its worth the risk in the long run.If he pulls it off,what are the chances he will shed back down and with what success?

If no Hopkins,why not A rematch with Cunningham.That was an awesome fight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Golota ain't as washed up as people think. He's at his best against fighters who are smaller than him. This will end badly for Adamek.

Fighting Golota is a sign that the Hopkins fight ain't happening. No way he would risk a career high pay day to face a fighter who out weights him by over 50 pounds. Adamek ain't a big enough name to where he can still get the Hopkins fight coming off a loss. Adamek would still have his belts but he would pretty much be useless to Hopkins
    Yes, but I'm not sure Hopkins ever intended on fighting Adamek in the first place. Didn't he offer him a 90/10 split (or something ridiculous like that)? I'm sure Adamek is receiving more than 10% of a Hopkins purse to fight Golota. On that note, does anyone know the money involved in this fight?

Also, Adamek has been recently pondering the jump to heavyweight. This may be a transitional fight. If he can soundly beat Golota maybe he thinks he can land a big championship heavyweight title fight with a Klitschko. If I recall correctly, wasn't he offered a fight with Vitali when Haye bitched out?

Adamek's fight with Golota seems more about pride than anything else. No matter that Adamek may have accomplished more than Golota in his career, from what I gather Golota is still every Pole's favorite fighter and beating him would cement Adamek as the best contemporary Polish boxer in the eyes of the average Polish fight fan. Adamek wants the prestige that comes with a victory over Golota.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 09-01-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Yes, but I'm not sure Hopkins ever intended on fighting Adamek in the first place. Didn't he offer him a 90/10 split (or something ridiculous like that)? I'm sure Adamek is receiving more than 10% of a Hopkins purse to fight Golota. On that note, does anyone know the money involved in this fight?

Also, Adamek has been recently pondering the jump to heavyweight. This may be a transitional fight. If he can soundly beat Golota maybe he thinks he can land a big championship heavyweight title fight with a Klitschko. If I recall correctly, wasn't he offered a fight with Vitali when Haye bitched out?

Adamek's fight with Golota seems more about pride than anything else. No matter that Adamek may have accomplished more than Golota in his career, from what I gather Golota is still every Pole's favorite fighter and beating him would cement Adamek as the best contemporary Polish boxer in the eyes of the average Polish fight fan. Adamek wants the prestige that comes with a victory over Golota.
    Hopkins eventually agreed on a 60-40 split if HBO upped their offer of $3million to $3.5million.. which they stalled on.

Now Hopkins/Golden Boy has said if Golota-Adamek happens he is no longer interested in facing Adamek in January.
    Last edited by Fenster; 09-01-2009 at 12:10 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Adamek by early and brutal stoppage. Andrew is done. Way too slow now for the likes of this monster.
    Agreed.

Either Golota gets marked up and beaten on injury or Adamek blasts him out the ring. He will be too quick and sharp for the old man. Golotas had some embarassing defeats in the past. I feel this will be another.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Hopkins eventually agreed on a 60-40 split if HBO upped their offer of $3million to $3.5million.. which they stalled on.

Now Hopkins/Golden Boy has said if Golota-Adamek happens he is no longer interested in facing Adamek in January.
    Did he give a reason?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I think hopkins would beat Adamek if they fought. I dont think it will happen though.
    I am just glad to see some of the better Cruiserweights go up to the heavyweight devision. They have the speed and diversity to breathe life into the heavyweight devision. Looking at Johnathon banks in his first fight as a heavyweight. He looked good, I know the guy was a nobody but banks brought speed skill and power to that fight.
    I think Adamec will be a good challenge for any heavyweight.

Thread Information