Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: espn Keith Olbermann calls for boycott of Floyd fight for domestic abuse

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default espn Keith Olbermann calls for boycott of Floyd fight for domestic abuse

Citing convictions, arrests and citations of five different women in seven incidents in over fourteen years Olbermann says fans should not give Floyd money. Why not, Manny never punched a women, I want to give my money to Manny

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: espn Keith Olbermann calls for boycott of Floyd fight for domestic abuse

He's also called for the boycott of the NFL draft due to a history of one of the prospects.

Really, all he's going to do for the May/Pac fight is bring more attention to it because it'll make people want to see Pac give the woman-beater his comeuppance.

I can't say that I fault him for his ethics, but he's not going to make a dent in the sales for that fight.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: espn Keith Olbermann calls for boycott of Floyd fight for domestic abuse

Keith Olbermann is a jackass.

Domestic abuse is horrible, I don't like Floyd Mayweather Jr., but for fucks sake did any of these ESPN bleeding hearts say shit about Tyson? Ali? Foreman?

Yeah so they can take their double standard and sit & spin....fuck ESPN and all their political bullshit. Same group was soooo happy Michael Sam got drafted, sooooo happy what's his name the basketball player came out as gay, and sooooo happy that Tim Tebow got blacklisted from the NFL. There are only a few ESPN personalities I can tolerate, Olbermann ain't one of them.

El Kabong Guest

Point of clarification to my previous post.....Ali never beat women, but he cheated on his wives often which is why he's had 4 of them. Cheating on your wife is bad, it's not something that should be overlooked. Foreman hit anything that moved early in his career. Mike Tyson likewise. But again ESPN wants us to understand guys who make bad decisions, they want us to relate, they want us to stop and think about upbringing......unless they can just say this person is a monster and if they can do that, I hate it for you because they are the A#1 show in town and what they say goes.

My main point is these guys who build up athletes into legends will play favorites. Michael Jordan was a guy who got passes from the press, Ali ALWAYS got passes from the press, Mickey Mantle ALWAYS got passes from the press, Tiger Woods got passes from the press until recently.....he got treated pretty bad and it was ESPN that decided to go for broke against him. Now they use him as a talking point "Will Tiger ever win again?" "Will Tiger make the cut?" ....it's all ratings and navel gazing and self important sports journalist assholes!

ESPN is a company built on snobbery, elitism, and a desire for their company to pick winners and losers and it's shown by how their personnel act.

....just one example and she's a newb to that shithole
    Last edited by El Kabong; 04-27-2015 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yikes, what a bitch! She talks about grown men who play games, for a living, and that makes her an intellectual apparently Sports journalism in general shouldn't even be a thing imo.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Sports journalism in general shouldn't even be a thing imo.
    Sports journalists are the dumbest most self important fuckwits on this planet. They are all incredibly biased, they are all card carrying commies, they are just horrible and that sad thing about them is they never fucking played the games they comment on.

Please Skip Bayliss, please tell me how to run a pick and roll.....you know, because you've done it all your life on the NBA level. Please Stephen A. Smith yell at Tim Tebow because he played QB for Denver helped them to the playoffs and won a playoff game because YOU know first hand what it's like to be a QB in the NFL.

And Colin Cowherd...FUCK THAT DOUCHEBAG! ESPN used to employ Jim Rome for fucks sake!!!! Jim Rome is a gigantic tool!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol. I agree with everything you said about Olbermann and Rome, but they are the only names I'm familiar with. I haven't watched ESPN Sports for years. Just not into team sports like most.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Lol. I agree with everything you said about Olbermann and Rome, but they are the only names I'm familiar with. I haven't watched ESPN Sports for years. Just not into team sports like most.
    ESPN is what MSNBC wishes it was. A network with enough power to make or break you....or do both at their fucking whim!

See how they react to WNBA "superstar" Brittney Griner getting nabbed for domestic abuse with her partner vs ANY male athlete getting caught for the same....their stories aren't about the facts, they aren't full of details, they are hit pieces designed for clicks and views!

ESPN WILL go off half cocked
    ESPN WILL not let the facts get in the way of a good story
    ESPN WILL lie
    ESPN WILL be biased
    ESPN WILL pressure athletes until they break

Look at Josh Hamilton for example, he's a guy who has had a tough life, he's got substance abuse problems....he threw a ball to a kid's dad and he didn't throw it hard enough the dad fell trying to catch it and ended up dying. ESPN put the spotlight right on Hamilton, how must he be feeling? What should/could he have done? How will he react?

RATINGS DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE GOOD OR BAD, RATINGS DON'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE, ESPN IS 100% ABOUT RATINGS AND THEIR OWN STATUS AS #1.

Fuck ESPN, I hate them.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard to disagree. Is it okay to still like ESPN fight night?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the end of the day, if someone wants to take a stand against a convicted woman beater and say that people should boycott him, I don't think that's an unreasonable stance to take, regardless of whether or not you've taken a similar stance before.

Olbermann has the right to express his opinion and take any moral stance he wants, just like anyone else. Unfortunately for him, his "boycott" plea is going to be about as effective as throwing a pool noodle under the wheel of a charging mack truck.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to like Oldermann then he turned into a double talking blubberer whe became a parody of himself. Where was Keith when Tony Ayala was riding Espn in a comeback?

On a side, there is something about Jim Rome's snarky arse that makes me want to punch him in the teeth. Can't stand him.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Politically correct twaddle. A shelf stacker might be an alcoholic but until he is drinking on the job and while his work performance is good, you should leave him alone. Floyd does his job and he is a boxer. I think you leave it at that. Should we put Tyson in a gulag? Shut up Olberman you pompous old git. If you dont want to watch then dont watch, but quit telling people what to do. This is boxing, not Israeli genocide.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not that I am defending woman beating. That is up to the law and the women. This is just a fighter doing his job.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keith Olbermann

"Yes I will admit it. My mouth can be used for many things. Slide it in."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Hard to disagree. Is it okay to still like ESPN fight night?
    Tolerate on fight night, absolutely. Like, I think that's up to you. Lol

Thread Information