Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Changing Jobs, help.

I have never changed jobs, I have quit jobs before but never changed, quitting is not an option.
    I am approaching one year with this company, not sure if I was misled at the interview or I have out-grown the job.
    Either way experience is counted in years, staying longer would not benefit me.

I defiantly do not want to do another year here, I know if I leave I will get more money doing a similar job.
    What is stopping me, am I just a procrastinating piece of shit, is it fear of rejection.

I want you to post your experience and someone to force me to wake up and start applying for jobs, I know it is pathetic .

Community of saddo, I leave it in your hands.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Changing Jobs, help.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boyla View Post
    I have never changed jobs, I have quit jobs before but never changed, quitting is not an option.
    I am approaching one year with this company, not sure if I was misled at the interview or I have out-grown the job.
    Either way experience is counted in years, staying longer would not benefit me.

I defiantly do not want to do another year here, I know if I leave I will get more money doing a similar job.
    What is stopping me, am I just a procrastinating piece of shit, is it fear of rejection.

I want you to post your experience and someone to force me to wake up and start applying for jobs, I know it is pathetic .

Community of saddo, I leave it in your hands.
    dude first of all you are not a procrastinating piece of s***. Before I left the United States I had over 160 jobs in about 18 or 19 years. Some of these jobs I would simply quit and walk out because the atmosphere was so piss poor. Other jobs I would get fired from for arguing with my boss or coworkers. Other jobs I would keep for one or two or even three years before changing jobs just like the situation that you are in now. Do not be afraid to change jobs get your resume nice and polished make sure you can back up some of your job references. Call your old supervisor from your previous job or actually from your previous 3 jobs and see if they would be willing to give you a good reference and ask for their phone numbers. I know the job market sucks right now but you should not stay in the job if you cannot stand it anymore. Definitely dust off that resume polish it up get it nice and updated and make sure you can backup your previous work references. You will be OK do not be afraid. Do not be afraid. Just go ahead and do what your heart is telling you to do. Always follow your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry, I should have added some words too. You just need to look at companies that you think you would like to work for and just get your CV out to them. What's the worst that can happen? They don't call back? Boo hoo. So what, something will turn up. Something always comes along. Have a little faith in yourself, you can do it. You have your current job and if something better comes along then take it with both hands. It's a long life and few stay in the same job year in year out, so give it a go and take each interview as an experience. Even if you don't get the job, then think of each interview as a learning curve. What did you do well? What can you work on? Etc.

It's funny me saying 'Have a little faith', but it's true. There is always that inner voice saying 'I can't do it....I don't believe in myself....I'm a failure', but you are not. You are intelligent, you are articulate, you have experience, you are qualified, you know how to do this job. You are in this interview because you almost have the job. Take a deep breath and now show them why your resume got you into this room. You are the best person for this job and most didn't even make it this far. Now close the show.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup, go for it, I'm doing it now, be prepared for frustration and disappointment but sometimes you must do what you don't want to do so you may do what you want.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if you're not happy then you have to change, don't sit around until it's too late and then wonder "oh what if I tried" some day.

My situation was not really the same as yours, but 5 years ago I was early 20s, wasting money doing university courses I didn't care about and would lead me no where, and working at a grocery store with my buddies and getting embarrassed when people I knew would see me there, working with and under morons, ect. But to do what I wanted to do meant I would have to move away for school and leave my friends, girlfriend, ect and live in a shithole for 2 year course, and I didn't wanna do that. But one day I said fuck it, I can't be a bum like this so I chose to go off and live in a shit hole for 2 years to study. I got a great job doing what I love straight out of college, I'm successful and most importantly I'm verified on Twitter but if I didn't take the chance I'd still be a palooka.

So I say if you're unhappy make the change man
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stay in your job. Why move if you are getting paid and earning a living. the grass is not always greener out there. Stick with what you know. Ambition is an over rated thing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends on what is at the heart of wanting to change. Sometimes you just max out and hit the ceiling, go as far as can be hoped for and it becomes very monotonous, routine and frankly boring. You want a challenge but am still making steady money and while not rich..you can be comfortable..content. Sometimes you can be too comfortable and become complacent. Next thing you know you turn around and you're 30..or 40..or. Change can be intimidating but I'll say what men wiser than me told me when I was 20

don't wait! Its as simple as that. You have the knowledge, the drive and confidence in skill. Its better to jump ship when you are young and have room fall and rise. No idea how old you are but never eveeeer be that guy who waits around and plays catch up at 40+. Be happy at your core first and foremost and from that it paves a path to any damn thing you want or at least make the attempt. I hit 15 yrs at current position in June. Hit early 40's in May. And have been talking about 'changing' for 5 yrs now But the money keeps coming and coming, though its the core that is a bit maxed out frankly.

Get out. Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (yell that is a Schwarzenegger voice)

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Stay in your job. Why move if you are getting paid and earning a living. the grass is not always greener out there. Stick with what you know. Ambition is an over rated thing.
    That's the other side of the equation. Boyla has the best of both worlds. He isn't starting from scratch and has a job, but he wants to do more. You can't fault a man for wanting to better himself. Too much ambition is a dangerous thing, but to have no ambition is equally fatal. You have one crack at this, so give it your best shot. Plus you never know how long you can keep going. Government doesn't care about you, so make hay while the sun is shining and make sure you lay the foundations for the future. A bit of ambition in that sense is a responsible thing. You have to have a little get up and go.

Thread Information