Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar De La Hoya???

Why does he think he can keep coming back into boxing and fighting the top guys and making top money he should earn his shot at guys like Mayweather,Cotto and Hatton he just wants money.He's past it now as are Mosely,Hopkins and Winky leave the fighting to the young big names is what i think.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar De La Hoya???

You know I always thought Oscar was too smart to stay in boxing for longer then he should. Here I am in 2007 going into 2008 discussing him fighting. Sad, really I mean boxers almost never know when to say when. Theres only a handful who have been able to walk away and never look back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    You know I always thought Oscar was too smart to stay in boxing for longer then he should. Here I am in 2007 going into 2008 discussing him fighting. Sad, really I mean boxers almost never know when to say when. Theres only a handful who have been able to walk away and never look back.
    This is a good point Mick this is why i hope Mayweather keeps the gloves off.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MAYWEATHER P4P#1
    Well wait, PBFs still got IMO at least 2 more fights in him.
    Whoever the opponents maybe that's to be discussed. But putting names aside PBF as a boxer still has 2 more fights in him if you ask me.
    IF and that's a huge IF he were to perform poorly in his next bout then I could def. see why you would want him to retire but as of today he has shown no signs as to why he should retire. IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has 20+ million reasons per fight not to retire.

That same past his prime De la Hoya just shattered the reccord for highest grossing fight in history.

And DLH is not to blame for this. There was a thread called something like DLH is a whore or something like that some months ago. Like I said in that thread. DLH is not the whore, it is all those fighters that are calling him out that are the whores. He's just the horny old rich guy driving down the street.

ICB Guest

Always had massive respect for Oscar De La Hoya his opposition is some of the best i've ever seen. Even if you think he should have had more losses on his record he has fought the best, and you got to admire that, the man has won 6 world titles in 6 different weight classes he still has his legacy intact retire Oscar damn it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With losses to Mosely twice,Trinidad,Hopkins and Mayweather can he afford anymore losses on his record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With losses to Mosely twice,Trinidad,Hopkins and Mayweather can he afford anymore losses on his record.
    I don't understand, you just mentioned 4 of the best fighters of our time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still, the only loss that looks convincing is against Hopkins and Mosley 1. If they were losses like Vargas against all the top names then yeah, I would agree. ODLH might not be in his prime but it doesn't mean he's completely utterly dominated in his losses. Even his last fight against Mayweather had to be split, it was THAT close and many experts and fans even think it ODLH won .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope he does as well, there's nothing else he can do, if you respect him now then fine, if you don't then fine, he will always be just a couple of fighters away from getting approval from some, mostly people itchin to see his arrogant ass loose not to see anyone in particular win. He could go on a couple more years clear out this current litter of boxers and then the young guns like berto or someone will be around and then he'll just have to beat him to be truly great...it's a journey with no end in sight as long as he's undefeated. As far as oscar the only thing that will keep him from continuing to fight is a real embarrassing loss imo...
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo "Finito" Lopez
    Always had massive respect for Oscar De La Hoya his opposition is some of the best i've ever seen. Even if you think he should have had more losses on his record he has fought the best, and you got to admire that, the man has won 6 world titles in 6 different weight classes he still has his legacy intact retire Oscar damn it.
    CC ICB you beat me again ...... I CC'd you because I agree with everything you say, Oscar could'nt beat Mayweather in 07 so what's different on 08, Cotto is to hungry and younger for him and if Hatton had any sense he would'nt take the fight because it would be at WW, as you say his legacy is secured and he will just be dinting his record with another loss he's beat the likes of Gatto, Mayorga, Sturm, Chavez, Whittaker, Vargas etc and should retire and he can say he fought the best and pushed PBF tougher than anyone else has only losing a split decision to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    I hope he does as well, there's nothing else he can do, if you respect him now then fine, if you don't then fine, he will always be just a couple of fighters away from getting approval from some, mostly people itchin to see his arrogant a** loose not to see anyone in particular win. He could go on a couple more years clear out this current litter of boxers and then the young guns like berto or someone will be around and then he'll just have to beat him to be truly great...it's a journey with no end in sight as long as he's undefeated. As far as oscar the only thing that will keep him from continuing to fight is a real embarrassing loss imo...
    I honestly think Floyd has 5 years left if he wants. Not jumping weights for each fight though. I don't think he has the damage that other boxers carry at his age and many of them go on for much longer. I pretty much agree though that no matter what he does lots of people will try to discredit his accomplishments but thats the same for many top fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    Yes but Oscar lost to them all nevermind how a loss is a loss and im asking can his legacy take anymore big losses against big names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    Yes but Oscar lost to them all nevermind how a loss is a loss and im asking can his legacy take anymore big losses against big names.
    I don't see why not. Duran is still considered a top 10 all time great by many

SigmaMu Guest

Miguel Cotto will retire Oscar De La Hoya once and for all.
    Make it Happen!

Thread Information