Thread: David Haye- wasted talent?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: David Haye- wasted talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Haye overacheived as a heavyweight.
    I don't buy that for a second! He EASILY beat every other heavyweight he fought and if you're going to tell me "Well those were handpicked opponents" it doesn't much matter they (aside from Monte Barrett) were all still highly rated at the time. I don't know if Haye truly believed he belonged or if he just didn't have the heart to do it, but shit he was certainly skilled enough to be the #2 man in the division he just had to go out and work for it and for whatever reason he didn't.
    Haye would not have lasted had it been early 1990's. He would have stayed at cruiserweight.
    I don't buy that either. Heavyweights were smaller then and regardless he didn't fight in the 90's and sans time machine he wouldn't so it's a moot point.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't buy that for a second! He EASILY beat every other heavyweight he fought and if you're going to tell me "Well those were handpicked opponents" it doesn't much matter they (aside from Monte Barrett) were all still highly rated at the time. I don't know if Haye truly believed he belonged or if he just didn't have the heart to do it, but shit he was certainly skilled enough to be the #2 man in the division he just had to go out and work for it and for whatever reason he didn't.
    Haye would not have lasted had it been early 1990's. He would have stayed at cruiserweight.
    I don't buy that either. Heavyweights were smaller then and regardless he didn't fight in the 90's and sans time machine he wouldn't so it's a moot point.
    I am saying if he did fight during that time he would have stayed at the lower weight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I am saying if he did fight during that time he would have stayed at the lower weight.
    And I'm saying he was talented enough to compete at heavyweight....ME....I'm saying that!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Re: David Haye- wasted talent?

I dont buy this Haye hate club shite.

I was happy to follow him and travel abroad throughout his career, had many good nights, culminating in one bad one in Hamburg, which most of you were never at, so you dont know the pre-fight hype and aggravation the Klits were pulling.

Following his title win he took money from the so called clever promoters by beating nonentities like Harrison for good money, and who would blame him? Even after he lost the title the same promoters were hosing him down with money to fight Derek Chisora? Would anybody not do it? Its like putting Lewis Hamilton against a VW beetle.

And now we get all this shit from camp Fury about how he was 'frightened' and backed down, how fucking ridiculous. Having told you that I followed all/most of Hayes fights the last ones, against an overhyped Pikey, I never actually bought tickets for, not fucking interested. Having said that I do not doubt that Hayes injuries were genuine, and dont subscribe to the Pikey view that he was 'hiding' from him, why would he? He had easy money against Macaroni, Harrison and Chisora from Warren, why not do it again against an overhyped opponent like Fury?

Get real for christs sake.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

I was happy to follow him and travel abroad throughout his career, had many good nights, culminating in one bad one in Hamburg, which most of you were never at, so you dont know the pre-fight hype and aggravation the Klits were pulling.

Following his title win he took money from the so called clever promoters by beating nonentities like Harrison for good money, and who would blame him? Even after he lost the title the same promoters were hosing him down with money to fight Derek Chisora? Would anybody not do it? Its like putting Lewis Hamilton against a VW beetle.

And now we get all this shit from camp Fury about how he was 'frightened' and backed down, how fucking ridiculous. Having told you that I followed all/most of Hayes fights the last ones, against an overhyped Pikey, I never actually bought tickets for, not fucking interested. Having said that I do not doubt that Hayes injuries were genuine, and dont subscribe to the Pikey view that he was 'hiding' from him, why would he? He had easy money against Macaroni, Harrison and Chisora from Warren, why not do it again against an overhyped opponent like Fury?

Because he wouldn't live with a loss to Fury because of how Fury was perceived but this perception will be reversed within the next year. Even if Fury loses to Wlad (he wont) he will lose while trying to win and wouldn't blame anything on any injury.

Fury will prove to be the better heavyweight and will make mug of all Hayes dopey fans who continue to support him. Kabong and yourself think he's shit so when he beats Wlad what dos that make Wlad and Haye! Utter shitty shit

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whatever it is, Haye had all of the physical and mental attributes to be dominant... he just decided that third place was good enough.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yet a slower, shitter, featherfisted boxer of even smaller proportions, far less athletic and skilled and possibly even chinnier (Moorer) DID make it. In fact he even became HW champ.

David Haye would have been one of Lennox's better opponents and would have thrashed most of the 90's HW's beyond any doubt. He was an excellent boxer. How can you take that much away from him?

"Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Because he wouldn't live with a loss to Fury because of how Fury was perceived but this perception will be reversed within the next year. Even if Fury loses to Wlad (he wont) he will lose while trying to win and wouldn't blame anything on any injury.

Fury will prove to be the better heavyweight and will make mug of all Hayes dopey fans who continue to support him. Kabong and yourself think he's shit so when he beats Wlad what dos that make Wlad and Haye! Utter shitty shit
    I like Tyson Fury better than David Haye personally.

But David Haye would have and still would most likely, totally clown Fury and knock him out at some point in the fight.

How could it be otherwise!

Gay as it sounds.. Haye was injured. All the weights fucked his shoulder (he bench presses too much) and the sparring cut was sheer idiocy. But it is what it is.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

But David Haye would have and still would most likely, totally clown Fury and knock him out at some point in the fight.

Gay as it sounds.. Haye was injured. All the weights fucked his shoulder (he bench presses too much) and the sparring cut was sheer idiocy. But it is what it is.
    So when Fury beats Wlad it proves Haye was utter shite?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh so Fury even beats Wlad now ey?

Yeah right!

Well hey, I don't want to rip on Fury, he is a good boxer and great opponent for Haye or Wlad. But he is the underdog, make no mistake.

That's putting it nicely @ross

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah right!

Well hey, I don't want to rip on Fury, he is a good boxer and great opponent for Haye or Wlad. But he is the underdog, make no mistake.

So when Fury beats Wlad that makes Haye and Wlad utter shit?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah right!

ha ha. If I say 500 times that I've got a 12 inch dick , will that mean there's more chance of it being true?
    Ross, no matter how many times you say it , it doesn't make it any more true or likely. I wouldn't get too excited because it'll be a long time (if ever) before Wlad and Fury share a ring. Time will tell, and I hope you'll be able to recover from the disappointment if Fury does get spectacularly ironed out!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Yeah right!

ha ha. If I say 500 times that I've got a 12 inch dick , will that mean there's more chance of it being true?
    Ross, no matter how many times you say it , it doesn't make it any more true or likely. I wouldn't get too excited because it'll be a long time (if ever) before Wlad and Fury share a ring. Time will tell, and I hope you'll be able to recover from the disappointment if Fury does get spectacularly ironed out!
    Wont bother me in the slightest. Not as much as all those who keep banging on how shit Fury is and how amazing Haye and Wlad are. When Fury wins its going to turn what they thought they knew upside down. It will be hilarious.

Like I said, when Fury wins, or for the people this seems to upset, if Fury beats Wlad, this totally ruins Haye and Wlads entire career because how could such a shit fighter beat Wlad?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yet a slower, shitter, featherfisted boxer of even smaller proportions, far less athletic and skilled and possibly even chinnier (Moorer) DID make it. In fact he even became HW champ.

David Haye would have been one of Lennox's better opponents and would have thrashed most of the 90's HW's beyond any doubt. He was an excellent boxer. How can you take that much away from him?

True Moorer proved chinny- but thats because he had a bangers mentality. Far too many bangers in the 90's who would've pressed Haye into a fight. Haye can outrun a giant of Wlad & Valuev, but the 90's HW's could cut the ring off. Haye loses 2 outta every 4 fights vs U pickem.

Lewis thrashes Haye.

El Kabong Guest

Michael Moorer wasn't a bad fighter at all, he would have given Haye a fight but featherfisted? He was a good solid puncher, power in speed and combinations....he just fought stupidly vs Foreman.

Moorer was a guy I wished fought other top contenders at the time.

Thread Information